Deck your halls & dress your trees, the BESH are gifting BFPs

(978 Posts)
WinklyVersusTheZombies Sun 16-Dec-12 16:21:09

Doff your top hats, lean on your canes, 'tis a Victorian Christmas for the BESH. Baste those turkeys in Victoria & Albert style, and maintain a stiff upper lip when you fill in the BESHtionnaire to see if you are cynical stoic enough to win a Baybee.

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Tue 18-Dec-12 10:11:34

I do believe my scullery maid has used oven pride on several occasions and waxed lyrical about its effectiveness.
I was ruddy amazed at how clean the stuff looked despite having not really thoroughly cleaned the oven previously

evilgiraffe Tue 18-Dec-12 10:12:11

I find myself feeling rather similar, my dear sink. Despite being educated in the natural sciences, I have had a certain fondness for the written word for as long as I can remember. My formative years may have been more influenced by the works of Miss Austen and the Bronte sisters than I had hitherto imagined... Employing such a style is most entertaining to the soul and a challenge to the wit.

I must leave you for a time, I shall be viewing Mr Cumberbatch in his role as Sherlock Holmes whilst undertaking the task of pressing my husband's shirts. Mr Cumberbatch and Mr Freeman perform together quite delightfully, and I cannot be surprised at the depth of love so many people hold for them.

Until we meet again, dear friends, adieu!

ArielTheBahHumbugMermaid Tue 18-Dec-12 10:23:24

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a nominally intelligent person in possession of a good arts and history degree shall when the occasion demands it be left floundering when a Victorian Style is required, and made to look inferior by those of a Scientific turn of mind.

Northey Tue 18-Dec-12 14:32:15

Verily, good sirs, I have enjoyed a fine repast. Although I am barren, I can give the semblance of advanced gravidity with worrisome ease.

ArielTheBahHumbugMermaid Tue 18-Dec-12 14:51:10

You must calm down. If you eat any more, heartily you will turn into a pie shop.

<shameless stealing from Blackadder's Christmas carol>

Northey Tue 18-Dec-12 15:23:04

Verily, for I go tonight to dine at W- with my good friend C-.

I can't be arsed with work today.

EuroShagmore Tue 18-Dec-12 15:27:45

I am also struggling today (to get into the feme as well as to do my work).

Someone has asked me to do something that I think we both thought would take a few hours. It has turned into a much, much bigger task! And now I am stuck with it when it is not even properly my case. And I have a big task to do on what is properly my case. That I cannot get to. Grrrr.

EuroShagmore Tue 18-Dec-12 18:01:34

Oops. I killed freddy.

SinkyMalinks Tue 18-Dec-12 18:31:05

Nah, I think all are v busy with Xmas related fun. Except me. I've woken up with a splitting headache and need to head to work soon. Grim.

What's the plan with work then Euro? Can you pass back some of the work?

ArielTheBahHumbugMermaid Tue 18-Dec-12 20:09:42

I'm not. I have just been to Tesco after fighting with MrA all afternoon.

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Tue 18-Dec-12 20:23:01

After cleaning/tidying most of the day, I just went and carolled round the wards at the hospital to cheer up the patients grin

Sorry you're fighty rie. Is it about the festive season?

ArielTheBahHumbugMermaid Tue 18-Dec-12 20:25:52

What else? <glum>

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Tue 18-Dec-12 20:42:41

Any resolution?

EuroShagmore Tue 18-Dec-12 20:50:43

Phew I have managed to offload one major task, which makes it all a bit more manageable. I feel bad though. But at least I can go home now....

Sorry to hear things are fighty Rie.

Right, I'm leaving the office. And no barstd is going to stop me!

ArielTheBahHumbugMermaid Tue 18-Dec-12 21:20:37

I think you are entitled to get out at this hour Euro.

Pray join us in the Austen talk later.

The discord was equably settled to the satisfaction of both parties, thank you MrFaith.

ArielTheBahHumbugMermaid Tue 18-Dec-12 21:22:48

Lord, I knew there was one think which I had intended to tell you. I purchased the Product named "Oven Pride" which has been recommended as the scourge of all filth in the range. I will be certain to keep you informed as to its efficacy through regular updates through the morrow.

WinklyVersusTheZombies Tue 18-Dec-12 21:27:19

One has been to the annual seasonal festivities frequented by those with whom one toils. Repast and bibements at R- - reasonably diverting but have run out of feem speak pleased to have escaped sober and undisgraced. 2 more working days til I get a proper rest, thank goodness.

EuroShagmore Tue 18-Dec-12 22:29:05

I have some Oven Pride sitting on the kitchen windowsill Rie. It's been there for three days and the oven doesn't look a jot cleaner yet. I might have to complain.

ArielTheBahHumbugMermaid Tue 18-Dec-12 22:35:15

Bastard stuff.

It's like when I bought my self defrosting fridge. No bugger told me it didn't clean itself as well.

Northey Wed 19-Dec-12 07:36:54

Morning all. AMNH arrives today for an early jizz test tomorrow. Hurrah! We're going to see the Hobbit to get his juices flowing in a manner that only works for geeky male Tolkien obsessives.

<smoothes beard>

JethroTull Wed 19-Dec-12 09:47:44

You have to clean your oven?

EuroShagmore Wed 19-Dec-12 11:06:02

You do after KFZK has been in the kitchen, Jeff. Boy cooking. <mutters>

ArielTheBahHumbugMermaid Wed 19-Dec-12 11:55:18

Jethro please don't think badly on me <begs>

The LL replaced the over last summer and it's not actually been cleaned properly yet. The house is starting to smell like a horrid greasy spoon whenever I use it. And in the winter when there is washing hanging all over the house drying then it makes the clothes smell too.

After the rain last night I have a leaking kitchen. I wish I could get out of this bloody shit pit angry

JustplainoldBuggerlugs Wed 19-Dec-12 12:42:58

<decides she'll never be much of a gentleman so decides to be a bar wench instead>

Afternoon Sirs. How is everyone?

<passes round arnica for all stabby bruises>

CD14 here and i've had 3 dildocam sessions since Friday. The double eggs that were ripening have gone and only 1 remains. The nurse thinks it is due to pop hopefully around Friday / Saturday ish however i have another appointment with the chair of Doom on Friday and Xmas eve <sigh>. They have mentioned they may double the clomid dose i'm on fnext cycle <sigh again>

I work with 2 women, 1 is about to undergo private IVF in January so we'll be a right pair of hormonal loons in the new year. Marvellous.

I'll be in that there London on 28th & 29th Dec if anyone fancies an ESH meet up.

ArielTheBahHumbugMermaid Wed 19-Dec-12 13:43:24

Just phoned the clinic for a check on the procedure for the next few weeks as I was starting to feel panicky about it, and that I had forgotten everything. They had cancelled my December cycle anyway because the consultant has gone off on long term sick. They can't do it without a consultant. They're hoping he'll be back in January but she doesn't know. I wonder if they would have told me at all if I hadn't phoned. I was supposed to call on the first day of the next period i.e. in the next few days. Now I have a headache from the meltdown I have just had on the bed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now