Deck your halls & dress your trees, the BESH are gifting BFPs

(978 Posts)
WinklyVersusTheZombies Sun 16-Dec-12 16:21:09

Doff your top hats, lean on your canes, 'tis a Victorian Christmas for the BESH. Baste those turkeys in Victoria & Albert style, and maintain a stiff upper lip when you fill in the BESHtionnaire to see if you are cynical stoic enough to win a Baybee.

RockinaroundtheTippletree Sun 16-Dec-12 16:29:19

Just doffed my hat at a wench.....think I'm in there smile head hurts......

Northey Sun 16-Dec-12 16:42:53

<strokes pant moustache thoughtfully>

evilgiraffe Sun 16-Dec-12 16:43:05

Good evening, ladies. <bows> <stands uncomfortably in the corner, looking out of the window>

My Victorian gentleman is rather reminiscent of Mr Darcy, I think...

I am watching Poirot on ITV3, it's wonderful.

SinkyMalinks Sun 16-Dec-12 16:54:42

<strides through new fred door>

Felicitations my dear BESH!

<twirls end of carefully waxed pant moustache>

Roasted chestnuts anyone? these Victorian trousers are a touch tight

Frankelstein Sun 16-Dec-12 17:20:49

<stands upright next to the roaring fireplace>

Good morrow BESH! <doffs hat>

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Sun 16-Dec-12 17:22:19

Well, well <stroking goatie (sp?) and putting watch back in waste coat pocket> nice drawing room we've got here. I shall have a little drink before dinner, please.

Nice fred, quick angry about the bill splitting last night but happy 30th all the same. Oh and hmm about the other stories. I am in shock. Luckily most of my friends a little more reasonable!

Today I had my IUI (and it didn't hurt, like the BFP time, and unlike all the other ones, the key is a full bladder, but not so full you pee all over the poor doctor). It was the same doctor as our BFP IUI as well, but this one proceeded with less eggs and more sperm than that one. No more stabbing but hoping, but not too much... And I baked. I can provide you gentlemen with ginger biscuits (maybe for the newly diffed?) and homemade mincemeat <proud>, and gin of course. But that ain't baked wink

WinklyVersusTheZombies Sun 16-Dec-12 17:25:12

Is my first ever BESH fred ok? <needy>

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Sun 16-Dec-12 17:37:52

Absolutely wink. Everyone is responding in stylee. But <stern look> being needy isn't very Victorian, is it? wink

JethroTull Sun 16-Dec-12 17:40:55

Splendid Fred Winkly I think we all look like this

Lemons everything crossed for you. Hope you manage to stay sane over Christmas.

We went to SSG's work mates housewarming do this afternoon. I have house envy - it was amazing. Every other couple except one had babies with them too. Anyway - just off to stab myself in the vain hope it might finally win me one grin

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Sun 16-Dec-12 17:49:07

<sticks hands in fur muff>

Excellent Fred startage winkster!

I haff just been to church lessons and carols where I did a reading and sang this song acapella! It was very scary but I luffed it! grin

SinkyMalinks Sun 16-Dec-12 17:49:46

Splendid fred opening Winks

<passes port>

<passes gin chaser, because, after all, we are BESH>

My peacock feather has been dusted off and is a rather magnificent addition to my silk waistcoat.

(I should really be writing a job application. Sigh)

And the faithful badgerfur will be lining my frock coat. Toasty.

Good luck Lems. When are you allowed to test?

bluer Sun 16-Dec-12 17:50:21

Good Morrow gentlemen! <strides around manfully sucking on pipe>
Everything crossed drizzand thanks for the ginger...actually bought some ginger nuts this afternoon to go with the caffeine free tea biscuit
Braved the shops today and we are officially done and wrapped. Just got to get to the end of the well with mental hyper teens...on the good side is I'm taking one of my classes to see the Hobbit on tues...am so tired may fall asleep in a warm dark place!
Good Fred winks I love all things Victorian...Dickens was my dissertation topic at uni. <waves out window and offers a shinny sixpence to an urchin >

SinkyMalinks Sun 16-Dec-12 18:00:00

Good lord. I'm rewriting an old job application/cv for the current application. Bloody hell. The last one I put in was a bit rushed, but some of the sentences make no sense blush. I haven't heard yet, but I suspect I won't be short listed for that one...

Must concentrate...

Northey Sun 16-Dec-12 18:18:09

I say, sinky, why don't I talk to the pater? I daresay he'll get you in.

Sucking on the pipe is no example to set, sacrebleu. That's not going to get any of us diffed.

bluer Sun 16-Dec-12 18:23:30

True enough norf and I suppose having opium in it is a bad idea also.
Bought a bottle of alcohol free wine today...I will report as to the drinkability on xmas day

Northey Sun 16-Dec-12 18:27:08

It was a sechs joke rather than a diffular abstinence joke, blu. Because I iz dirty minded like that.

bluer Sun 16-Dec-12 18:41:52

Ah! God sometimes I am just too innocent for my own good

WinklyVersusTheZombies Sun 16-Dec-12 19:12:32

<curls upper lip, shines monocle>

Why yes good driz, one should have been modest in one's endeavours and not sought the approval of one's fellow man. smile

Northey Sun 16-Dec-12 19:15:57

What, what! Did I miss that lem had had some distincty unVictorian fanjo action today? My thoughts and prayers go with you, my friend.

SinkyMalinks Sun 16-Dec-12 19:17:16

Sometimes I think that about myself bluer

(not really. Mind in the gutter me. Much like norf it seems..)

You are too kind Norf old chap. Terrible trouble this jobs malarkey. I blame all those bloody women, leaving the home, getting jobs and ideas above their station..

<harruphs into scotch. Clips end off cigar>

SinkyMalinks Sun 16-Dec-12 19:19:05

<discreetly fans self. Ensures ankles are covered>

fanjo action?!

The horrors. Beastly.

WinklyVersusTheZombies Sun 16-Dec-12 19:37:18

drizzle just has a good look at your update. Sorry for apparently completely ignoring you. Fx that all went well. Good luck with not going crazy menkulling, do you have to wait 14 days until testing?

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Sun 16-Dec-12 19:41:45

Me surely not. A fanjo is not a part a real gentleman is acquainted with, I'll have you know. Apologies btw for all the spelling mistakes when I try to alk posh waste waist coat. Tssk.

T-day is on January 1st, which is 16dpo. Pre-mc my droidal appearance was very reliably on 14dpo. So I probably won't test. It becomes interesting well after Christmas. So I should survive (unless my cycles are messed up, which I am a little concerned about, cos I had pant snot since Wed, sorry, unVictorian overshare there, and I have had droidal arrival 14days after pant snot the last two cycles),

Those bloody women indeed, Sinkster someone should make them behave... At this rate the world is coming to an end (next Friday, right - oh that was another feme). But why in the world would you want a job anyway? One would struggle to fit in sport and company and walking the dogs.

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Sun 16-Dec-12 19:43:08

PS wink I didn't remotely feel ignored. You responded well to my admonition (I really can't spell!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now