Assisted Conceptions (and all the bits in-between) Volume 11

(1001 Posts)
vallinnapod Mon 03-Dec-12 20:30:15

I really hope I haven't missed someone else starting this!

I hope you all had a very Happy Christmas ladies.

Sunnyg and gingernutdreams thank you for name checking me, so kind.

I am about to go on my prep course for adoption next month. I feel very happy about it and that all my fertility journey has come to this now, so feel very positive.

God Bless you all.

JustplainoldBuggerlugs Thu 27-Dec-12 19:00:21

Well if i can't drink, i'm gonna bloody well eat chocolate smile

I have ovulated, on Xmas day they think. Blood test to confirm next Wednesday.

I feel so so bloated.

viviennewestwould Thu 27-Dec-12 19:41:44

Buggerlugs, I knew it! Well done, old girl smile

I feel a million times better having returned to weight training today. Could literally feel the calories melting away. Hurrah!

Hi ladies just caught up a bit and see care of Sunnyg’s lovely post that badger and scrummy are having babies. I know I should not be surprised on an assisted conception thread and also in the conception section of mumsnet! But I hadn’t ralised so a hug well done and hope all will go well.

* beginning , pocket, mini, *weller and others - l have also just heard you are expecting, am so pleased for you all.

chocoloco, you weren’t on here before with a different chocolate related name were you? Just checking as we had a choco person a long time ago, and I miss her.

Happy New year an huge hugs to Bugsy, Lizzy, Keziah, Josie, Lucy, Teds Beginnings*, Maple, Pumpkinjoy, Scarlett and Mo - greetings one and all.

Chocolate boobs to all biscuit biscuit and HUGE hugs to one and all.

thanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthankswinkthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanks

OOPSE, I sent before I was ready and had missed off some names, so sorry, this is the proper message.....

Hi ladies just caught up a bit and see care of Sunnyg’s lovely post that badger and scrummy are having babies. I know I should not be surprised on an assisted conception thread and also in the conception section of mumsnet! But I hadn’t ralised so a hug well done and hope all will go well.

* beginning , pocket, mini, *weller and others - l have also just heard you are expecting, am so pleased for you all.

chocoloco, you weren’t on here before with a different chocolate related name were you? Just checking as we had a choco person a long time ago, and I miss her.

Happy New year an huge hugs to Sunnyg, Vics, chicken, Euro, Ellie, Bugsy, Lexie, Vallinapod*, Lizzy, Keziah, Josie, Lucy, Teds Beginnings*, Maple, Pumpkinjoy, Scarlett and Mo - greetings one and all.

Chocolate boobs to all biscuit biscuit and HUGE hugs to one and all.

thanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthankswinkthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanks

Pocket1 Fri 28-Dec-12 16:09:16

Italian how lovely that you popped in. I posted a message on here last week for you and looks like you felt the calling. smile How wonderful that your a huge step closer to adoption and what a lucky little boy or girl to be joining your family. Hope that your dreams come true in 2013 grin

Beginningofthejourney Fri 28-Dec-12 18:19:03

Hello everyone I haven't posted for a while but have been checking in to see how everyone is, hope you all had a good Christmas.
I had my 12 week scan today, the scanning lady (can't remember the technical name!) asked the consultant to rescan to check the cord as she thought there might be a small hernia, luckily consultant was able to check there and then, she didn't seem to find anything or have any concerns but has booked me in for another scan in 4 weeks, due to her lack of concern I'm taking at an opportunity to have another look at bubba and nothing to worry about!

gingernutdreams Fri 28-Dec-12 18:36:42

Here here Italian, I echo what Pocket said and hope all goes well with your prep course for your adoption.

Beginning try not to worry, you seem to be in good hands, and they are being very thorough.

Vivienne well done you on getting back to weight training! I need to get my arse in gear again too, as feel very fat and lethargic.

Buggerlugs good to hear you have ovulated. Keeping fingers crossed for you, and hope your dreams come true in 2013 too!

Happy New Year to all you lovely ladies1
smile

Thanks Pocket, I can't find your message, can you re-post or pm me. I am so pleased all is well with you.

Pocket1 Sun 30-Dec-12 10:42:19

Hi Italian I cant find my post either but I just wished you well, said that we missed you and hoped that your adoption plans were coming together. Wow just think, there may well be a little girl or boy joining you for next Christmas! grin xxx

Pocket1 Sun 30-Dec-12 10:44:29

Beginning congrats that's great news that you've reached that 12 week milestone. I agree you seem to be in good hands - and yes, another opportunity to see the LO! xxx

Thanks Ginger and Pocket. Yes, would love it if the little one came for Christmas! But who knows! Hugs.

Teds77 Mon 31-Dec-12 09:59:26

Sorry for long time absence - my littlies do keep me pretty busy completely shagged.

Mo I'm so very very sorry for your loss and have been thinking of you. I do hope that your journey in 2013 is a good one, whatever route you decide to take next xxx.

Italian so lovely to hear your news and also hope that 2013 brings you joy and a very lucky little boy or girl xxx.

Pocket am so totally over the moon that your little one is growing well. I know I've been a rubbish poster since the twinks arrived but I'm so pleased that after travelling part of this road with you, and your ups and downs, that this time next year you'll be as tired happy as me wink

scummy and badger not sure who is due first but I'll be looking out for news of the first AC baby of 2013!

weller so delighted to hear your news too and I'll also be looking out for your updates.

sunnyg and bugsy I shall be making a little wish at midnight that 2013 is your year. Don't stop believing xxx.

To everyone else I've missed - loads of good wishes for 2013.

As for us - the twins are a little over five months. They are wonderful but life tends to be a bit of a blur! I wouldn't change it for the world.. though if some one offered me a nanny, a cook or a cleaner I might be willing to accommodate that... grin

wellerbabe Mon 31-Dec-12 19:14:14

Happy New Year to you all. May the luck stay with those of us that have had happy stories to tell this year and may it come to all the other ladies on here in 2013

Don't stop believing gringringrin

viviennewestwould Mon 31-Dec-12 20:50:45

Happy New Year, ladies, and blessings and peace be upon us all in 2013 smile

Pocket1 Mon 31-Dec-12 22:36:28

Happy 2013 to each and every one of you. Hoping for bfps and babies for everyone grin. Don't stop believing x

Frosticle Tue 01-Jan-13 11:55:06

Just logged in quickly to wish all you lovely ladies a very Happy New Year!! grin

Apologies for going AWOL - a combination of being busy with work, DP and I having a very nasty cold/cough (which weeks later we still haven't shaken off!), a burglary to contend with and the usual Xmas rush being to blame. You are however very much in my thoughts and I do log in to check on your progress.

Best wishes for a New Year filled with love, happiness and a healthy bouncing baby (or two) for each and every one of us!! 2013, this is our year, ladies!! grin grin grin

I also want to say a BIG thank you and hugs to you all for all your wonderful support and advice in 2012.

xxx

highlove Wed 02-Jan-13 06:06:35

Hello, just stoping in to wish everyone a very very happy new year. Hope those of you that have already had your BFPs have super straightforward pregnancies before meeting your lovely babies. And for the rest of us, I hope for plenty of lovely BFPs.

I've got till early March until I start injections for round two. My 'project' between now and then is to get my BMI down to 25. It's not too far away - was just under 27 before I ate and drank my own body weight Christmas but suspect it might be a little over that right now. So boring days ahead for me but hoping this will give me something other than

highlove Wed 02-Jan-13 06:13:53

Oops hit 'post' too soon. I was going to say other that infertility to obsess about while I wait!

Anyway, enough of me. How are you all doing? Glad to be the other side of Christmas?!

buggerlugs fab news that you ovulated - well done!

Hoophopes Wed 02-Jan-13 11:49:58

Happy new year to all.

Italian hope all goes well with adoption meetings for you!

Teds great to hear twins doing so well.

Lovely to hear of scans and all going ok for people.

My 10mth old ds is having his nap and we just had our first christmas as parents after our 7yr journey!! Doesn't stop me wanting a 2nd, so now understand those people trying for 2nd on this journey. Really am thankful for our little one and hope people here are as successful as we eventually were.

BadgerFace Thu 03-Jan-13 09:22:25

Happy NY ladies, it's all about 2013!!

Highlove, I was in a very similar position to you this time last year. Started my injections in March and also was trying to lower my BMI from 27 to 25 starting with a January healthy eating plan. I lost just under 1.5 stone (and I must admit, I was quite lazy on the exercise front, just tried to walk everywhere I could). I am now 37 weeks and this morning I am back at the weight I started at a year later. Weird how things go full circle. Wishing you the very best of luck for your cycle.

DSB everyone. It only takes one egg and one sperm (and sometimes a bit of medical intervention, but we ladies are strong, and can cope with that grin).

highlove Fri 04-Jan-13 10:15:20

Badger that's brilliant - 1.5 stone is great. And got you the right result too! You will be my inspiration as I eat nothing but salad! Do you mind me asking - was it your first IVF cycle? It will be our second. Anyway, hope you are feeling ok - not long to go now, so exciting..

Hope everyone else is ok.

BadgerFace Fri 04-Jan-13 10:51:29

Yes, it was our first cycle, we were very lucky. DH had low volume at the beginning of our investigations although this had improved dramatically by egg collection day - I am sure because we gave up drinking for 3 months prior to transfer and he took the recommended vitamins etc.

Dietwise we used My Fitness Pal which really helped give me the push to try and walk several miles a day because you could see in calorie terms that you could then have some more food and still be under your target for the day, so no need to cut out all the things you love. We live in London so it was easy to work in to my daily commute.

Good luck!

sunnyg Fri 04-Jan-13 17:04:09

Hi all and Happy New Year!
I hope you've all had a lovely Christmas and are as happy as I am that it is a new year.
AFM my festive mini-break from this fertility business didn't really happen as I've been back and forward to the clinic. Finished my monitoring cycle on Christmas eve and it's been pretty full-on since then. My monitoring cycle showed everything was normal (loving normal right now) but my immunes came back with elevated NK Cells so it looks like it's steroids and intrapillids for me. No mention of IVIG yet but I think they are purposely quite vague to keep their options open.

So it's been 3 days of 7.30am bloods, scans and today had a hystercopsy. I believe the ARGC bootcamp has officially started and ladies of ARGC past and present I now understand what you mean, it's relentless! So much so that I haven't really yet even had time to process it all, like the change in protocol from long to short from my last clinic, and that my AMH has basically halved in 6 months, but at the moment my motto is 'roll with it'.

Today is day 2 of stimms and as DH out of town have had to learn fast about injections as he did them last cycle. I don't particularly have a needle fear, just a bit uncoordinated!

So apologies for the bit of the 'me' post. I will try to catch up with all of your festive news over the weekend. In the meantime I hope you are all well and believing in 2013!

hugs to all

oxo

Pocket1 Fri 04-Jan-13 19:21:49

Sunny. I've got a bit of a tear in my eye as I'm so pleased you're already into it. Please God you get your well earned and well deserved bfp very soon. smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.