TTC#2 - very exciting!! anyone want to join??!

(521 Posts)
sweetju Mon 03-Dec-12 14:41:40

Hi! I am due my period in the next few days (I hope! that's a first ;)) then I will officially be ttc! Very exciting times...

So I thought I would start a nice friendly thread so we can go on our ttc journey together!!

I have been taking folic acid when I remember the last few weeks or so and came off the pill a few months ago.. I'm not entirely sure of my cycles yet, but think I'm due thurs or fri..

So come say hi! x

winterpansy Sat 02-Feb-13 23:03:24

Thanks for the welcome London and petit and hello to the other newbies too!

petit It's weird, isn't it - having to think about actually attempting to conceive when it just happened before without actually trying (well, that's what happened in our case!). I'm very, very excited about it all and have done a lot of research so am armed with all the info to get us ready to give it our best shot after AF goes away next time. Hope you are managing to be distracted by other things while waiting to test! Fingers crossed for a fabulous BFP x

BJZebra Sun 03-Feb-13 21:57:18

Welcome Natalie, Leaf & Winter I don't think I've said hello before.

I'm on my ovulation days but I'm returning to work this week, which means that I will be away from home for 4 nights. So there has been lots of DTD this weekend. I'm hoping the little swimmers have a long shelf life if YSWIM.
Also this will be the first time that I will be away from DD who is 12 mo and I won't see her for 4 nights hmm thank goodness for skype.

Natalieand Mon 04-Feb-13 18:39:18

I got my BFP this weekend ladies whoopoooppppp

111007kbaby Mon 04-Feb-13 20:29:42

Congrats natalieand I bet your Sooo happy xxx

How's everyone else doing? Xxx

BJZebra Mon 04-Feb-13 22:11:49

Congratulations Natalie! How long did that take you?

Natalieand Tue 05-Feb-13 15:34:49

3-4 months bjzebra xxxxx

winterpansy Wed 06-Feb-13 11:11:01

Hello BJ Thanks for the welcome! Hope work is going OK. I had to go to a few 3 day conferences once I returned to work and it was awful .Although, I was so busy during the day that I didn't get that much of a chance to think about it until the evening.

Congrats Natalie that's great news! Hope you're not feeling to sick and tired?

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Wed 06-Feb-13 13:52:13

Just poking my head around the corner to congratulate Natalie and wish Zebra a smooth return to work.

If you are lurking Leaf, I hope all is well with you and your DDs, and I really appreciate your kind message. Thank you for remembering me..

London, how are things? I hope that everything is still on track for your house move and I am keeping my fingers firmly crossed that this your month.

Kbaby not long until you're a married woman...I hope those ghastly headaches have cleared off.

111007kbaby Wed 06-Feb-13 14:05:00

Hey Bridget how are you? Yes they have gone but do come back quite quick when they feel like it, I no not long left now lol nerves are kiking in my morning sickness is still here I thought it had gone but noo :-( xxxx

Theicingontop Wed 06-Feb-13 14:13:02

Waiting for my fertile days... It all seems to be going so slowly!! OH thinks I'm getting ahead of myself, and has had to remind me that it will probably take more than one cycle. Pfft! Can't help it grin

LondonSuperTrooper Brazil Thu 07-Feb-13 08:52:06

Hi Zebra and congratulations to Natalie.

Kbaby - gosh your wedding day is getting closer and closer. You guys must be all so excited! Is there much more to organise? And I'm glad that you are feeling better now.

Bridget thanks for popping in smile I'm pleased that your pregnancy is progressing well. No BFP for me this month. We missed the ovulation window in this cycle. I stupidly POAS this morning as well. I'm a glutton for punishment! House sale is still at the same stage as two months ago as we are still waiting for probate. But we have got a gas engineer, an electrician and a

LondonSuperTrooper Brazil Thu 07-Feb-13 08:57:26

Sorry, I didn't finish my post - stupid phone! Ok I'll just carry on where I got cut off!

And we've also got a plasterer. My homework for this week is to get quotes for re-carpeting upstairs and the cost of laying wood all throughout the downstairs area. It shouldn't be too expensive as its a tiny house..... But you wouldn't think that at the stupid amount of money it's costing us to buy it!

Fridge, where are you? I hope that you are OK and continuing to lose weight. I've actually put on weight in January as I've been so down lately.

LondonSuperTrooper Brazil Thu 07-Feb-13 08:59:21

Welcome icing. I wish you a short and sweet stay in this thread!

LondonSuperTrooper Brazil Thu 07-Feb-13 09:01:19

Hello also to petit and leaf. I hope that you are both ok.

I'm sorry for the multiple messages. I'm on the phone and its hard to type and scroll through the messages at the same time!

I hope that I haven't missed anyone off x

111007kbaby Thu 07-Feb-13 09:17:38

Hey London how are you ? I'm all good I no do close now lol popgun getting butterflies, yep few things to do in going to do most of that today get it out the way. Glad you are makIng some progress with the house, bet you'll be happy once it's all over.
And are you def put for this mOnth :-( xxx

lisbapalea Thu 07-Feb-13 09:22:51

Hello all - can I join?

DD will be 3 in March and DH and I will be TTC #2 as soon as my current period finishes; hopefully by the weekend as it started on Monday (does that mean I am now on CD4?).

We hadn't meant to have such a big age gap but various obstacles have got in the way - family bereavement then me on ADs, DH lost his job etc, but the time is definitely right now and we are pretty stable!

Trouble is, like many people I suppose, I am just assuming it will be happen first attempt, so I know I need to brace myself for it taking a while (we were lucky with DD but I know that doesn't mean anything for #2!).

So, I feel a bit out of touch with acronyms etc, so wondered if people could help me work some numbers out!

My cycle is regular and short at 23-25 days. My period itself is usually about 5 days long and I usually get PMT for a week before AF arrives.

Can anyone help me work out when I am likely to ovulate with a cycle this short, and also when I would therefore be fertile? Feel clueless at the mo so have basically told DH that we will be DTD every other day once AF stops (or hopefully not)!

Congrats to all those with BFPs already and fingers crossed for everyone else!

lisbapalea Thu 07-Feb-13 09:45:57

Ignore the "or hopefully not!" - my b'berry just went nuts and it seems to have accidentally pasted that from something else I was writing!

Also, wanted to add that I am also trying to lose weight as I know I probably weigh more now than I did immediately after DD was born!! Hoping to lose a few lbs while TTC and then if/when I get the BFP I will just try to eat as sensibly as I can so I don't put on toooo much weight when pg! I know I could do with losing about 2stone, but I doubt I can do that as quickly as I'd like!!

Livened Thu 07-Feb-13 13:52:00

Got to share with you guys - got a bfp this morning! How's everyone else getting on? Hoping for lovely news for you all soon xxx

Theicingontop Thu 07-Feb-13 14:26:13

In the same boat Lisbapalea, I'm trying to lose some weight too. I guess I could lose a stone or two, but it's hard with a two year old!

I haven't bought into the ovulation tests yet, but I've heard they can be helpful (and really cheap on ebay). I'm new to the TTC thing, we didn't try with DS, he just happened! So I'm learning everything.

My research so far has me observing cervical mucus confused. I think I read somewhere it's quite a reliable way to tell if you're going to ovulate soon, and good if you're not sure when you're supposed to (like me). I've just been writing my observations down so if I don't conceive this cycle or even the next, I have some sort of pattern to refer to, to predict when I should ovulate. I think I'm doing it right.

Congratulations Livend!! grin

LondonSuperTrooper Brazil Thu 07-Feb-13 14:55:42

I've been using ovulation predictor kits (OPK) and I've had no problems. I'm finding OPK easy to use and its a good way to time our intercourse sessions. I know that the every other day method us best when TTC but work commitments, overseas trips and general tiredness just gets in the way.

Lisbapalea maybe you can start testing from day 7 onwards to determine when you ovulate? I usually test from day 13 onwards as I generally ovulate on day 14-16 so there is little point in using OPK so early in my cycle.

Icing- I'm trying to lose some weight too. My BMI way too high and knowing that I've got a BFN this month should spur me to focus on healthy eating etc.... Well I live in hope!

Livened- congratulations on your BFP!!!

lisbapalea Thu 07-Feb-13 16:36:07

Thanks London. Every other day does sound quite daunting / knackering / unrealistic based on our usual performance (!), so maybe investing in some OPKs is a good plan!

Another stupid question - when is the best time to DTD in relation to actual ovulation? So if the OPK says 'you are ovulating right now (or words/symbols to that effect), do you need to DTD that very day, or would you have a window of a few days before and after the actual ovulation day?

My human biology seems very poor - god knows how we managed with DD! Don't think I was planning quite so desperately then!!

tattyteddy Thu 07-Feb-13 20:59:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WinterLover Fri 08-Feb-13 08:23:00

Hello again, can i re-join you lovely ladies? I did an intro ages ago butstruggle to get online at the min.

DP and I have an 18mth old DS and we have now decided to try for #2. Although circumstances at the min arent great, I know TTC can take ages so dont really want to hang around too long.

We started trying at xmas, and AF has just shown up so we're now on month 2.

Hope to keep in touch with you all :-D

LondonSuperTrooper Brazil Fri 08-Feb-13 11:36:45

Lisbapalea – I’m not sure when you are supposed to DTD with respect to ovulation. We have been DTD as soon as I get the +ve from OPK and then again the next day. However, the info that I got just now from googling you are meant to DTD BEFORE the +ve opk and then the next day. Maybe you can google it?

Hi & welcome Tatty! It’s a difficult situation that you are in and I’m not sure what’s best really. It all comes down to your personal circumstances and finances. And how important getting that job is.

Hi Winter! Welcome to the thread. It seems that you & I have started TTC #2 around the same time smile I’m just waiting for AF to arrive this weekend so that we can commence cycle #3. Hey we can be cycle buddies! When is your AF due?

As for me, well I've been a little tearful since last night. I found out that my sister is pregnant with #2. Apparently it’s a complete shock to her & her husband as they weren't even trying. I’m such a selfish cow as I should be happy for her but just keep thinking why not me?! So yes, I’m very much in woe is me mood sad

petitfromage Fri 08-Feb-13 11:44:31

Morning all. Despite v sore boobs and zero period pains I appear to have AF this am. Not happy.
I was sure this was the month. Feel a bit down. I'm 40 later this year and now I'm realising it's not a given that I will get BFP before then. Didn't tell OH this am, didn't want to disappoint him... sad

Congrats on all BFP news, really happy for you all (honest!) - just wish I was announcing mine....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now