TTC#2 - very exciting!! anyone want to join??!

(521 Posts)
sweetju Mon 03-Dec-12 14:41:40

Hi! I am due my period in the next few days (I hope! that's a first ;)) then I will officially be ttc! Very exciting times...

So I thought I would start a nice friendly thread so we can go on our ttc journey together!!

I have been taking folic acid when I remember the last few weeks or so and came off the pill a few months ago.. I'm not entirely sure of my cycles yet, but think I'm due thurs or fri..

So come say hi! x

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Mon 28-Jan-13 12:12:04

Hello icing, of course it's not too late. Welcome aboard. Your lutueal phase is the period of time between ovulation and AF starting. It tends to stay pretty constant (12-16 days) irrespective of which cycle day you ovulate on.

Zebra I hope your DD is fully recovered from her tumble - sounds like one of those horrible 'slow-motion', heart in your mouth moments.

I don't think there is ever a 'perfect' time to have another. Do remember your little girl will be heading towards 2 years old if you conceive quickly and there is a huge difference between a 12 month old and a 2 year old.

kbaby yay! So pleased you've got the rings sorted. Your wedding is getting so near now. I'll be throwing virtual confetti on you before you know it.

On a me, me, me, note - feeling rather pessimistic about this pregnancy continuing sad Sorry for the TMI but I had to dash to the loo this morning whereas Friday, Sat & Sun I had been rather constipated (one of my main symptoms and the reason I tested early). Having to run to the loo is - for me - a pre AF sign and a strong signal my progesterone level is dropping.

Grrrrr - just want to scream...

Pentagon Mon 28-Jan-13 13:26:20

oh no Bridget don't say that! Let's hope you are wrong!

Zebra sorry you had to rush to A&E, it's so scary when they hit their head! Unfortunately, once they start walking they hurt themselves quite often...I agree with Bridget there's never a perfect time. I originally wanted to TTC for #2 about a year ago, my DH wanted to wait a while, I also changed my mind at the last minute for various reasons, decided to leave it for the summer, it happened straight away but had MMC 2 months later and now a year on....no baby and no pregnancy either...which has really depressed me these past couple of days sad

kbaby congratulations on getting your rings sorted...it's so close now, you must be so excited!

Francescarose Mon 28-Jan-13 21:59:47

So sorry to hear that Bridget- I have absolutely everything crossed for you.

xxxx

Francescarose Tue 29-Jan-13 13:48:09

Bridget- hope you are doing ok. Thinking of you xxx

ThatsHandy Tue 29-Jan-13 14:14:00

Hi! I've just joined today as we are ttc and I wondered how many others were in the same boat as me; and there are lots of you!
I had my first child really young, and she is almost 14 now, so me and the OH decided last year we would ideally like our second this year, now we are settled financially and very happy in life! smile

I came off the pill in Nov and had my first "real" period in Dec; my second period was due 4 days ago, although I know it can take a while for the cycle to settle into a routine so I am trying not to get my hopes up but I CAN'T HELP IT!!!

It's all I can think about at the moment, and I know if I do have my period soon I will be a little gutted sad I have this great App on my phone which keeps track of your cycle/ovulation etc and even gives the best fertility days which I have stuck to, so I'm hoping it's been a success.

Good luck to everyone! xx

LondonSuperTrooper Tue 29-Jan-13 19:28:28

Oh Bridget I so hope that you are wrong and this baby will stick. I'm thinking you and really hope that you will pop on here to let us know that you are ok.

Francesca not sure whether I've said congratulations or not.... Big congratulations on your BFP.

Hi to everyone else & a big welcome to the newcomers. May your stint on this thread will be short and sweet!

PinkJelly22 Tue 29-Jan-13 21:43:22

Not sure if you guys still going as no posts for a while! Sudden ing finding myself in the same boat. Wow never been on one of these before and somehow very supportive to see other people going through these things too. So here goes,

Started trying beginning 2013 after being in the pill for 14yrs! Stopped 23.12.12 had period 28.12.13, started taking folic acid. Thought we were good to go! Then didn't have period this weekend! Thought this is it! Test negative. :-( After research (which I clearly should have done earlier) realise that you should wait for actual period! Given that have been on the pill for so long since almost when I first started periods. I am now finding myself in no mans land waiting for a period that as never ever been late! After a mere 5 days late am starting to understand how desperate all this is when you can't talk about it! Now realise just because I'm ready doesn't mean it will just happen! Doesn't help that all friends are either pregnant or having babies!

Really wishing everyone luck in getting pregnant! Xxxx

PinkJelly22 Tue 29-Jan-13 21:50:43

Thatshandy :- I am so feeling what you are saying it takes over your brain! Will also feel gutted when my period comes but also hopeful as this is only the first go so there still loads of hope that next month will be the one! At least I know how to sea test and what o actually look for this time!

Fingers crossed!

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Wed 30-Jan-13 12:03:34

Francesca and London thank you so much for thinking of me. At the moment all seems ok. I'm going to stop posting for a while as (whilst I know it's completely and utterly irrational) I'm so scared of jinxing things.

For the time being, please assume no news is good news and I'll still be lurking and wishing you all well.

Hello and good luck to all the new second-timers.

111007kbaby Wed 30-Jan-13 21:00:37

Hi all havent posted 4 a wild Bridget all my love thinking if you, I've been very stressed all my pregnancy symptoms disappeared and haven't come back so I booked a scan today cuz I couldn't find baby with the Doppler, So just not long got back seen a big fatty lol kiking and swimming around I thought I was coming up to 11 weeks but I'm 11 2 days so feel relieved now. Hope every one else is ok and keeping busy ;-) xxx

Francescarose Wed 30-Jan-13 22:59:52

Thanks for letting us know that you're ok Bridget. Take care of yourself.

Kbaby so glad to hear things are going well for you! Keep us posted.

LondonSuperTrooper Thu 31-Jan-13 10:28:21

Bridget I can fully understand why you'd want to leave this thread for while. Best of luck with your pregnancy. Take care.

Kbaby I hope that headaches have eased and celebrate having no pregnancy symptoms. I thought that the sickness disappears in your second trimester. Good luck with the wedding planning - you guys must be so excited.

Francesca How are you doing? Has it sunk in yet that you are pregnant?!

111007kbaby Thu 31-Jan-13 11:26:05

Hey London the headaches have eased but not totally gone, yes an getting a tad excited but still feel worried lol hopefully the worry will go soon.

How are you doing? Xxx

LondonSuperTrooper Thu 31-Jan-13 11:39:59

Hey that is going news! It must be great for the pain to diminish even if its not totally gone.

Have you got your wedding dress? I can't remember whether you are having a big do or not.

I'm good thanks. Just waiting for AF to arrive (due in a couple of weeks time) so that I can TTC. We've totally cocked it up this month.

TOO MUCH INFORMATION ALERT: The pressure got too much for my DH and he umm ahem couldn't perform. Only when the window of ovulation has passed he was back to his normal self IYSWIM.

Told him that in the next cycle I am NOT going to tell him when we HAVE to do it. Really hope that I get my BFP in the next cycle as I feel like I'm on my tod on this thread! I want to graduate to the pregnancy board wink

petitfromage Thu 31-Jan-13 12:04:44

Hello all! HAHA London - can totally relate to your post! I stupidly told OH about me buying OPK and he wasn't too happy - he'd rather it just 'happened'. We had our first similar incident to you so I've decided from now on it's strictly need to know basis (i.e. he doesn't)!
Apart from that all good here.... back into the waiting game of the luteal phase. Nothing feels different - yet.

When do you tend to get first symptoms that BFP may be on the way?

Trying to be all blasé but inside am wishing the next two weeks away...

111007kbaby Thu 31-Jan-13 12:20:33

Haha just a family do no lol going next week :-/ erm my dp went through a whole two months before we were trying to conceive of just freezing lol I think the best thing you can do is not let on, and just try go Atleast three times a week so it kind of becomes a routine and he expects it ;-) I no easier said then done but honestly they soon click out of it. I def hope febs your month I have everything crossed xxxx

winterpansy Thu 31-Jan-13 20:40:14

Hello everyone. I've just graduated from the 'pointless waiting ttc' thread to now officially TTC DC2 grin.
I hope you don't mind me joining in - I'm very excited and can see a familiar face here already ( hiya bridget hope things are sticking for you x).
I'm 32 and have an amazing DS who is almost 20 months.
My cycles are anything from 28-33 days and I think we've just missed this ov time due to me having some hospital tests which all came back clear, thank goodness. So I'm on board for some serious bareback DTD (!) and hope something happens on the next cycle. DH is convinced it's going to happen first time and is very excited too - he is certain of his swimmers abilities so I've had to tell him not to be too disappointed if it takes a few months! DS was a (very welcome) surprise so we've no experience of properly trying for a baby so checking cm and tracking cycles is all new to us.
Anyway,hope you're all well and there are some BFPs to come very soon.

ThatsHandy Fri 01-Feb-13 11:16:11

PinkJelly22 - Eeeek, well good luck to you, cos I took a test Tues evening and it was POSITIVE :-) We are over the moon, but I am so shocked at how quick it has happened- less than two months! Still early days, I know, but I'm chuffed to bits smile

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Fri 01-Feb-13 11:33:43

Hi just de-lurking to say "congratulations!" to ThatsHandy and wish everyone well.

petitfromage Fri 01-Feb-13 12:18:08

Congrats Thats Handy - what fab news! You must be so happy.
Hi Winterpansy - my DS (now 5) was a tiny bit of a surprise with my ex (I thought we were trying, he had a change of heart - go figure. He left when I had DS) so this is my first time properly Ttc too. All very exciting. Never really tried to work out dates etc before...
No idea whether I am going to get my BFP this month - but I did wake up with sore boobs as I had rolled not onto my front..... I'll stop guessing though - still got about 10 days left!

LondonSuperTrooper Fri 01-Feb-13 13:31:31

petit I sometimes get AF symptoms around CD 22 onwards. Today is CD 20 so it's going to be a long wait till CD 28-29 and AF arrival. I wish that I can have my AF RIGHT now so that we can TTC straight away.... I just feel like I'm wasting time. DS is almost 6 years old now and I'm rapidly approaching my 40th birthday. I am NOT a happy bunny right now.

By the way, when are you testing? It sounds like you & I ovulated around the same time!

kbaby Thanks for the advice. That's what I'm planning to do so that we have to do it he'll be non the wiser!

Bridget Hi!!! I hope that you have your morning sickness to keep your mind at rest..... and I mean that in the nicest way possible wink

Winter hello & welcome to this thread.

thatshandy congratulations on your BFP!

BJZebra Fri 01-Feb-13 14:24:29

Thanks for the nice messages. I'm handling DDs new found walking skills a lot better now. I'm just following her everywhere.

Kbaby - so pleased you had lots of reassurance with the scan smile
Hello to the new Ladies smile
That'sHandy - that was quick congratulations. It's really inspiring to me when people get a BFP.
London - IKWYM about wasting time. I turned 40 this week so even though DD is only 12 mo there really is no time to waste.

ThatsHandy Fri 01-Feb-13 14:45:41

Thanks for all your lovely messages- it's nice to read them, especially as we have got to keep it under our hats (only 4 weeks gone!) from our friends /family.

The worst thing is keeping it from our teenage daughter, she is gona be over the moon ..!

Hope everyone is doing well xx

Natalieand Fri 01-Feb-13 15:35:24

Hey guys I'm new to this so excuse me if I'm a but slow on the lingo

Little bit about me
I have a daughter who is 2 years 3 months (planned pregnancy that took a year to conceive)

Now ttc number 2 had my implant out in sept 2012 and getting periods every 27ish days

My hubby has some fertility problems, low sperm count, low motility and high abnormality so looks like I'm in it for the long haul again.

Xx

Leafmould Sat 02-Feb-13 19:12:01

Shout out to Bridget......fx for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now