TTC#2 - very exciting!! anyone want to join??!

(521 Posts)
sweetju Mon 03-Dec-12 14:41:40

Hi! I am due my period in the next few days (I hope! that's a first ;)) then I will officially be ttc! Very exciting times...

So I thought I would start a nice friendly thread so we can go on our ttc journey together!!

I have been taking folic acid when I remember the last few weeks or so and came off the pill a few months ago.. I'm not entirely sure of my cycles yet, but think I'm due thurs or fri..

So come say hi! x

Fridgedooropen Tue 08-Jan-13 22:48:44

Hi chocoloulou !

LondonSuperTrooper Tue 08-Jan-13 23:06:16

Hi loulou and welcome to the thread. Hope that January is your month. I feel like you deserve it after 5 months of TTC.

bridget I have the same aspirations as you for this baby. I echo your first three points and in addition:

I hope that #2 will be more sociable & not painfully shy as my DS
I hope that #2 will be be a confident and carefree child

I am worried about how I will cope with a baby, running my household & working full time
I am also worried about the impact of lack sleep and its effects on me. DH never used to get up in the night when DS was a baby.
I am worried about going back to work after my maternity leave & wish that we can afford to live on DH salary alone.
I am worried about #2 going to nursery at such a young age as I know that this time round my mother is too frail to help me out as much as did with DS.

In essence I am petrified on how I'm going to cope with having another child as we have FINALLY found a routine that suits us all. On the other hand, the thought of not having another child is heartbreaking and I feel like we should we do what we can to ensure that DS has a sibling. Albeit, I am worried about the age gap and whether they will be friends.... but hey, lets not go there just yet!

Finally, I think that every parent have all these high hopes and aspirations for their DC. Bet it having a good education, going to uni & securing a good job etc. I did too. My opinions have somewhat shifted lately & I think that my main priority is for my DCs to be happy and to grow up into kind and thoughtful adults. I'm not asking for much, am I?

LondonSuperTrooper Tue 08-Jan-13 23:09:32

Hey Fridge - we x-posted! Thanks for your commiserations on my BFN smile

Do you want to keep track of each other's progress? How much weight are you hoping to lose? My weigh in at slimming world is on Monday nights which is an utter pain as it means that I have to really watch what I eat during the weekend!

LondonSuperTrooper Tue 08-Jan-13 23:11:55

Ladies, sorry for all the typos. I blame it on the late hour! Speaking of which I have another 2hours of solid work before my conference call tomorrow morning... at blooming 7:30am!!!

So, I shall bid you good night now & try and get some work done.

Fridgedooropen Tue 08-Jan-13 23:16:46

London, I haven't put a figure on it as it'd be terrifying. To be goal weight would require losing over 3 stone. blush I'd like to set an initial goal I think of losing 12lbs because that would take me down to the weight I was when i initially decided I was too heavy and went to WW all those years ago blush - that would take me down a clothes size and would be a decent start. Happy to compare how it's going, though. I will post about my weigh-in tomorrow! I don't have scales in the house (I am the type who'd get on them five times a day and get frustrated) so I am aiming for a weekly weigh in on the same machine for some kind of parity. What are your plans for how much you want to lose? You said 2.5 stones to get to 25 - I am probably in a similar position...

Fridgedooropen Tue 08-Jan-13 23:18:29

Also saying goodnight. Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow. Power to your elbow for the work, London. I was working late last night and am glad I don't have to tonight.

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Wed 09-Jan-13 09:26:21

Gosh London you were burning the midnight oil last night - hope everything got done in time for the early conference call.

My career concerns are at the other end of the spectrum - i.e. will I ever, ever, resurrect one if I have another child? And how much does that matter (or not) to me?

Sooo disappointed with the clearblue digital OPKs. I think I actually prefer the cheapies where I can see the wee moving along, look at both the lines and then assess their relative darkness. The waiting around while the digital thingy flashes endlessly trying to make it's mind up is very frustrating!!!

fr00tbat Wed 09-Jan-13 18:06:51

Hi- have been lurking for a few days- waiting for things to settle.
Well bleeding has stopped- cramping off and on- but tested again today and fast positive so seems am still pregnant despite bleeding. Plan is to do digital again ag weekend and if going up in weeks relax a bit and if not to call gp for chat. Does this seem reasonable??

MrsSpencerReid Wed 09-Jan-13 18:11:28

Yay grin if I was bleeding and had a bfp I think I would at least go and see the practice nurse, even of only to put your mind at ease

MrsSpencerReid Wed 09-Jan-13 18:11:59

Sorry, just seen bleeding stopped, maybe implantation bleeding?

111007kbaby Wed 09-Jan-13 19:18:20

Hi that's great news froot I had my 1st midwife app a few weeks ago we had a long talk and she spoke about my last, period and
She said it didn't sound normal, do she's sending me 4 a scan, on Monday as she think the bleeding I had might have indicated implantation bleeding, and I could be further on looking st my stomack. As my weight differs through the year at times I'm a size 6-8 then I go to a ten at times but she said my bmi was perfect but my stomack is quite hard and firm to say I'm that early on.
But I can say with my first dd I had bleeding and strangely it turned out to be a uti so there are loads of reasons, try not to worry and get loafs of rest if you can, and def just pop to the gp if you get a chance. As I got a early scan with my dd at 6 weeks 5 days and Beleive it or not there was a strong heart beat beating away. Xx

Francescarose Wed 09-Jan-13 21:26:28

Hi ladies

Hope you're all doing well. What a lovely idea re. posting hopes and worries for another child. I hope that if I'm lucky enough to have another one it will be as happy and cheerful as my DS and that I will enjoy the first weeks and months just as much. I worry about my DS feeling pushed out and about what I'll do with my career.

I am currently on CD15 and obsessing about whether I've ovulated or not! Is it normal to keep going to the loo at work just to check the status of your CM?!?! No, it's not is it?

fr00tbat Wed 09-Jan-13 22:46:06

Thankyou- thinking may have been IB- hoping!!! Had it last time but just v mild spotting- this was much heavier and accompanied by steong cramping- but looking back at FF this pm ( had forgotton password until tonight!) timing same. Cant believe how easily life gets turned upside down and back again. Early scan booked...... Fingers crossed.......

chocoloulou33 Wed 09-Jan-13 23:47:33

Lol @ frances its normal for us lot I guess, never seen so much talk about cm in my life. I don't rly have any though is that normal so I can't rly comment, certainly don't notice any difference in it throughout month.

Fridgedooropen Wed 09-Jan-13 23:49:22

Good news fr00t ! Still have fingers crossed.

Well, I weighed myself today and have LOST 4LBS! It just shows you how bad my eating habits had become because I could have cut down further but evidently just reining in some of the worst excesses of Christmas has started things off. Long way to go but I am pleased! Have indulged a little tonight grin then it's back on the horse tomorrow.

Francesca I'm sure it's not uncommon among TTCers... I was trying to check mine today as felt some aching that I think was ovulation - it would be about the right time. I am still just monitoring things this cycle but am CD15 too.

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Thu 10-Jan-13 09:23:04

Hello fr00t, that's great to hear (whispers a very tentative 'congratulations' and keeps fingers crossed).

Well done Fridge, that's a really amazing start and you've inspired me to make more effort. I've been good with the coffee and exercise so far, but not so good with curbing my eating. I'm a terrible comfort eater sad

Soon you'll have to change your name to Fridgedoorfirmlyshut grin

Sorelip Thu 10-Jan-13 15:01:51

Hi, I'd like to join you all in trying to conceive baby number 2. I came off of Microgynon 2 months ago, and have recently received my colposcopy results - I only have CIN 1 so that's a massive relief!

How many people here are using OPKs? I'm tempted to, since my period isn't predictable at the moment.

charmaine10222 Thu 10-Jan-13 15:41:40

Hi.
We are TTC too. Just lost twins before Christmas and waiting for my AF to return. Fingers cross for us all xx

Sorelip Thu 10-Jan-13 16:51:54

Charmaine, I'm so sorry for your loss. I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you x

111007kbaby Thu 10-Jan-13 17:46:04

Hi to all the new ppl and charmaine I'm very sorry for your loss. How are you all getting on? I've been terrible :-( do sick I just want to feel better, and how are you feeling froot? So I've been thinking it doesn't matter to me what sex the baby is aslong as its healthy,but do you all have any hopes or preferences ? And do you think the theory works on how to catch different sex,s on different days. X

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Thu 10-Jan-13 21:26:40

Charmaine I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your twins. There aren't the words...

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Thu 10-Jan-13 21:45:51

Hello Sorelip I'm pleased you've found us. I have to confess I don't really know what your test results mean but I'm glad it is good news and gives you the green light to ttc. Let the SWI commence!

London and petit any sign of AF? I'm hoping the old witch is staying away. How is the party planning going petit? The big 'do' is drawing ever nearer..

kbaby sorry you are feeling terrible but I am slightly envy of the reason why. As for your question..

First and foremost I'm just hoping for a viable pregnancy and, approx forty weeks later, to be leaving hospital with a take-home baby.

However, when I daydream about having a second child I do tend to imagine another daughter, but I think that is purely because I already have a girl. I think it's my brain's default setting rather than any real gender preference IYKWIM?

Sometimes I deliberately make myself imagine life with a son and it's always lovely too.

111007kbaby Thu 10-Jan-13 22:14:48

Hya Bridget's done one asked ne the same question and I didn't really have an answer so I thought I'd ask some one else, I rember with my 1st I didn't really understand how precious falling pregnant that easy was and I always used to say Ud love a little girl. But after l

Sorelip Thu 10-Jan-13 22:21:48

Bridget I can't remember what the abbreviation stands for exactly, but it's basically to do with how many abnormal cells there are in the cervix, and how deep they go. It goes CIN 1,2 and 3, with 1 being the least serious. A lot of CIN 1's go back to normal after a while, however they can develop. I had CIN 2 before and was supposed to have LLETZ to remove the cells, but before I could get the treatment, I found out I was pregnant with DS. In other words, I've got the green light to TTC.

111007kbaby Thu 10-Jan-13 22:22:00

Loosing a baby It never come in to my head again, I wonder what my little one will expect a bro or a sis. I do think some ppl obsess over the fact of trying to conceive a certain sex, my sister told me one of her clients the other day actually ran out of her scan crying because she was having another boy. I thought it was bizarre how ppl can really be upset about it. And I sufferd really bad with Hyperemsis first pregnancy I was hospitalised for nearly 4 weeks, and tbh I feel it coming again :-( xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now