The End is Nigh! Batten down the hatches in the BESH Bunker

(1000 Posts)
FrankelDeBeauvoir Sat 24-Nov-12 10:15:34

A wordy fred title I know, but it's too early to think of something snappier!

Get ready for the end of the world: grab your OFRS, your emergency gin supply and join us shrivelled harridans in the BESH Bunker.

Admittance is only permitted on production of a successfully completed BESHtionnaire (hint, check out previous BESH threads)

<slips out of slinky Bond Girl evening gown & dons camouflage gear, complete with scary SAS-looking face paint>

ApocaBugs Mon 03-Dec-12 19:26:19

Kate & Wills can get fucked. Fact.

<bitter>

bluer Mon 03-Dec-12 19:28:54

i'm fine...its to be expected...I work with nine ladies who are around thirty and we've mostly all gotten married etc in recent years. Thing that sucks are that two are now on no.two and the most recent double differ has a gorgeous one year old and is just back about two mins after mat leave <sulk>

Northey Mon 03-Dec-12 19:38:00

Ah buggeration. I shall just ignore the news FOREVER.

evilgiraffe Mon 03-Dec-12 19:39:53

Bugsy has it right. Fuck right off, Wills and Kate.

(though I do agree with Sinks too, and am rather ashamed of myself)

Northey Mon 03-Dec-12 19:41:14

Apparently it's less than twelve weeks. Hmmm.

<hates self>

alwyn Mon 03-Dec-12 19:56:22

They had to announce it due to the speculation of why she's in hospital. Feel quite sorry for her as she has hyperemesis.

Still can't work out whether I'm pleased for them or not though <also bitter>

Oh well, might go for a run after dinner.

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Mon 03-Dec-12 20:27:19

Oh I come back from mad parental visit with screaming rows about iui with my mother to hear this. Fuck off Wills and Kate <joins Bitter Bunch>

bluer Mon 03-Dec-12 20:29:42

Remember the wedding fuss...we're never going to hear the end of this sad

Frankelstein Mon 03-Dec-12 20:29:52

<strokes Rie's hair>

Are you ok lovely? Parental arguments sound wretched.

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Mon 03-Dec-12 20:44:02

Yes. You kind of wouldn't think it the Done Thing to yell abuse at a daughter who was about to undergo fertililty treatment about it, would you? Apparently though, it is.

Northey Mon 03-Dec-12 21:00:42

Oh God aries, what was she thinking?

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Mon 03-Dec-12 21:06:44

She has lots on her mind of course. However it all seems to centre on me shutting her out I.e not informing her every time I so much as piss on a stick. Because after all, it is all about her and her insecurities rather than me and my well being. Mad cow.

In other news, I have now seen Skyfall.

JethroTull Mon 03-Dec-12 21:17:49

<clutches Rie to buzwams> Sounds hideous. Please try & ignore whatever she's said.

Fucking Wills & Kate. I knew you lot would understand.

Frankelstein Mon 03-Dec-12 21:46:22

Oh Rie that sucks. Rise above it/deep breaths or just punch a wall.

Northey Mon 03-Dec-12 21:59:09

Here rierie, come and snuggle down in this comforting bed I've constructed out of discarded camouflage material. We will look after you.

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Mon 03-Dec-12 22:02:32

<bursts into grateful, over-tired tears>

Northey Mon 03-Dec-12 22:08:13

Shhhh now, or your military face painty stuff will run.

What happened?

bluer Mon 03-Dec-12 22:09:01

Oh rie its sucks when, even as an adult, parents just don't get it.

SinkyMalinks Mon 03-Dec-12 22:12:09

Oh Rie. Parents can be truly terrible.

Do you think we'd have all been sacked by now if we'd been a princess? Can't imagine queenie tolerating a barren in the midst.

<channels Diana's wistful stare>. <goes a bit cross eyed>

SinkyMalinks Mon 03-Dec-12 22:15:28

Oh, and when do we think the due date will be?

I'm planning on being out the country. Preferably somewhere without tv/Internet but copious free flowing gin

Northey Mon 03-Dec-12 22:17:03

Fucking hell, it's every other thread in here. Why doesn't everyone just fuck off?

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Mon 03-Dec-12 22:21:16

<channels Diana's wistful stare> just made me chuckle smile

SinkyMalinks Mon 03-Dec-12 22:22:35

Fuck em. I bought the Antonia dress and the black one from Karen millen. And a pair of boots for 150 squid. How's that for distraction my lovely BESHes?

I am now going to bed.

Frankelstein Mon 03-Dec-12 22:22:45

She's very early, only about 8 weeks. According to the Beeb, they only told HMQ this morning when they decided to take Catherine to hospital. <counts on fingers> I make it round early-July-ish.

I do like her, and of course we don't know if they've had ishoos of their own, but I'm dreading the next few days/weeks of constant news coverage. God help anyone if they make a comment about offspring aimed at me in the next few days angry

<realises angry face is not very menacing when it is wearing a Santa hat>

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Mon 03-Dec-12 22:23:59

I feel a bit sorry for Kate. 8 weeks is far to early to have to let the world know. Say the worst happens? sad

This thread is not accepting new messages.