Trying to conceive after mc? Pregnant after MC and seeking somewhere safe to hide? Recently graduated from the mosh pit? Come on down to the mosh pit for some serious metalling and cake! Part

(1000 Posts)
Dorita75 Mon 03-Sep-12 20:28:18

Hi, thought I'd start the new thread. This is a brilliant thread for anyone trying to conceive or who has got a bfp after mc, full of lovely ladies, fab advice and a lovely place to metal, so called because someone said metal instead of mental and the rest is history......

Jollyb Tue 06-Nov-12 18:08:50

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1605745-Trying-to-conceive-after-mc-Pregnant-after-MC-and-seeking-somewhere-safe-to-hide-Recently-graduated-from-the-mosh-pit-Come-on-down-to-the-mosh-pit-for-some-serious-metalling-and-cake-part-4

Here's the link

Jollyb Tue 06-Nov-12 18:05:50

I've just started the new thread. Good luck to all.

lotsofcheese Tue 06-Nov-12 17:52:14

pixie & abbs there's a 40+ conception thread, if you're interested?? (am another old-timer myself wink)

ImAbbs Tue 06-Nov-12 17:28:47

Hope its ok if i join in! Read your posts pixie and we have had same experiences. Hope you and others could give me some advice.
At 44 should i try again?
Thanks xx

lotsofcheese Tue 06-Nov-12 17:28:36

Hello ladies! Great news about your scan pebs

Yes, I'm having a 12-week scan on Thursday. Half of me is scared to go, as I've lost the few pregnancy symptoms I had.

OTOH, I do have a wee bump now. Still in one pair of jeans & using some maternity clothes from last time. I am definitely bigger now than I was previously at 12 weeks. I am blaming the Caesarian section & effects on abdominal muscles, but in reality it's because I'm a stone heavier than with DS - pah!!!

Exciting that we'll need a new thread soon - would be lovely to start it with a BFP or birth announcement!

wilderumpus Tue 06-Nov-12 16:06:25

oh I am in maternity or my 'fat' jeans smile This is because I am a) getting fat finishing my PhD and b) am hating underbump stuff, including normal troosers!

bums about the MW pebs but I think you were pretty ambivalent about it anyway? So maybe not so bad to have to put it off smile thanks for the info on the consultant, it was very useful tho i was told I was on MW led care so is a surprise that actually, I am not!

it's blowing a hoolie outside and I have to go and get DS! oooooh noooo.

BraveLilBear Tue 06-Nov-12 15:54:10

I reckon it's a wise move pebs to wait for hubby to be on hand. Not that you'll need it, I'm sure, but still, better to have a cheerleader on standby.

Hope this week doesn't drag too much til Friday!

Backward I'm very impressed at your slender bumpness! I can't wear skinny jeans on a skinny, non-pregnant day! <darn you pear shape> envy

pebspop Tue 06-Nov-12 12:12:37

had to cancel midwife for tomorrow as dh has an early work thing just come up. can't do a doppler without him as if it is wrong he won't be able to get back easily.

will just have to wait for scan on friday.

not sure if i am ever destined to try this bloody doppler!

I'm currently wearing pre-pregnancy normal skinny jeans at almost 23 weeks - they're low rise so sit quite comfortably under the bump!

pebspop Tue 06-Nov-12 11:25:00

i got an appointment out of the blue at 10 weeks for a consultant appt. it was just a chat really to check i was ok. she did a little scan as well.

i think it's just to get you on the consultants radar. i had another appointment with her after 12 week scan and i have one after the 20 week scan.

i am not wearing all my normal clothes as some would be far too tight now but some things i can still get away with - not for much longer though! i am in maternity jeans as the bobble trick was just not working anymore.

wilderumpus Tue 06-Nov-12 10:44:17

20 week scan pebs woo! good luck with MW smile

Scan is on thurs, work is mega busy atm so time is whizzing by, can't believe I am 12 weeks.

had a letter out of the blue yesterday for an appt at the hosp, rang about it and apparently am under consultant led care because of recurrent mc? Which is nice but a bit weird considering no one cared at ALL before, or even when I wanted an extra scan at the beginning of the pg. DH says it can't be a coincidence the appt is for when I am 13 weeks so must be something to do with being pg rather than mc specifically. The MW wasn't sure but thought maybe they will do tests to see if there is anything genetic wrong with me which is why I have been mc'ing? Gawd knows - does anyone else have an idea? The clerk and MW seemed to think I would probably be seen, have my BP done, be asked if I am ok and then discharged. ho hum.

<waves to all> yay for dtd jolly fingers crossed for you and all those of the 2ww! may the symptom spotting commence! smile

LittleSpade Tue 06-Nov-12 10:40:56

I think cheese's scan is on Thur and i had thought Wilde's was this week too but i might be wrong - i know we're all at a very similar stage.

pebs i can't believe you've made it to nearly 20 weeks in normal clothes! I understand why you've wanted to but I'm not sure my tummy will allow that choice for me! Got my jeans done up with a hair bobble and even that's feeling a bit tight.

pebspop Tue 06-Nov-12 10:29:02

Good news spade well done!

Are wilde and cheese having scans today? good luck girls!

My midwife is coming in the morning eeekkk. i am definatly getting a bump. today's dress feels a bit tight around the middle. will get some proper clothes if 20 week scan is a success next week.

BraveLilBear Tue 06-Nov-12 10:11:01

Great news on your scan Little and fab that you're in trimester 2! smile

Fx for all scannees today...

LittleSpade Tue 06-Nov-12 09:51:36

Glad to hear there are so many people TTC on this thread so that you can all support one another and hopefully we'll get some more lovely shiny BFPs on the new thread soon smile

As for me, I had my 12 week dating scan yesterday - all good grin
Baby was wriggling around loads and looked so much bigger than when i had my private scan at 8+3. My dates were moved forward by 2 days though so I'm now 13+2 (second trimester yay grin) and my EDD is my wedding anniversary! Still quite scared that we're off to tell the parents tonight though.

Hope that you get on ok with your scans too wilde and cheese and that pebs midwife has success with the doppler.

Was it really 20-ish weeks ago that I started the thread in which we conceived?! Jeezo!

Welcome back pixie, wishing you lots of luck x

I vote jolly start the thread then...!

oo00PIXIE00oo Mon 05-Nov-12 21:43:52

Evening ladies well we have decided to take the plunge again - at 42 time is running out - we've just had a week off and have been dtd like a couple of teenagers &#128538;we are in the 2ww so fingers crossed x

The date has been booked for the works Xmas do and is on the day my first mc would have been due &#128546; not sure whether to go?

Friend also announced pg in our local last week - they are due on the day of my second mmc - lifes a bitch!!

wilderumpus Mon 05-Nov-12 19:21:43

look! squirrel! hehe grin

mrsh is, i believe, usually a lovely ttcer who starts the new thread as it is meant to be good luck! wink

Thanks for the stories about no peaks. I am getting highs so hopefully all good. Still I forgot completely todo the stick this morning, do that doesn't help.... Didn't do any pouncing this morning, so will have to give it a go next weekend and see what happens. I am CD11 today though so think probably will miss window.

Will someone start a new thread soon, I don't want to lose you all!

Sorry but 'look squirell' has given me the laugh I needed today grin wish I'd thought of that in the early days!

BraveLilBear Mon 05-Nov-12 10:52:02

Pebs we cross posted - how awkward! Guess there's the 'yep, I'm up the duff but we're keeping it quiet as it's early/mum's the word (geddit?)' response, the 'are you calling me fat?!' response or the 'look, squirrel! (point quickly to somehwere else and scamper off)' response...

wilde thanks - that's good to know!

wilderumpus Mon 05-Nov-12 10:25:36

yay for 2ww's!

fwiw in the month we conceived brave i had had a cp too and my ov was 10 days later than usual!

and re: ov sticks... my sticks picked up a surge before then so obvs thought i was ov'ing when i wasn't. if i hadn't followed my natural fertility signs as well which showed ov later than the first apparent surge we wouldn't have caught this egg. we dtd'd so much that month, we were knackered!

oh pebs thanks good luck later smile

lurcher that sounds rough sad

BraveLilBear Mon 05-Nov-12 09:45:28

I'm now officially on the 2ww too... Judging by what people say about chemical pregnancy that 'it's just a late period' I took that as CD1 but hormones must have been awry as only just ovulated yesterday, 4 days later than normal. (Which would figure, had a BFN at doctors four days after mc, having had a positive the day before)

So I thought I already was on 2ww, but now starting again. On the upside, there is some comfort to be had from knowing my body is behaving again.

Never tried sticks... I'm in the lucky 20% that gets mittelschmerz. smile

So who else is in 2ww? Jolly,*MrsHP*... Dorita?

pebspop Mon 05-Nov-12 09:37:53

just keep bonking ttc'ers! i got pg earlier this year in a cycle where i was using cb opks and never got a smiley face. don't rely on the technology too much.

we need some more bfp's on here.

i am still plodding along. my bump is definatley growing now so hoping everything is ok in there. a person noticed i was pg this weekend which was really embarrassing as i just froze up and couldn't even speak. my dh wasn't really helping either as he didn't know what to say. a friend managed to get the person away from me and that was that. felt like an idiot - need to work out what to say if it happens again!

got the midwife coming on wed to use her doppler. dreading it a bit but i suppose i need to get used to it.

This thread is not accepting new messages.