What are you and the kids reading tonight?

(77 Posts)
KittenMitts3 Wed 15-Aug-12 13:34:20

My older DH is reading 'Nation' - fantastic story, I've read it too.
My SE is having Farmer Duck, then the ebook Slippy the Slimy Slug!
I'm going to settle with a cup of tea (or a glass of wine), then look at my 'Now' magazine.

What are you all reading?

Harryc Thu 25-Oct-12 15:37:29

Friesops Fables a brand new publication by author, Julian Defries. is now a firm bedtime favourite in my house. Beautifully ‘drawn’ both in words and pictures. One of the stories is an analogy of a business panda seeking to ‘corner the market’ in bamboo, comparing him to the power hungry, wealth obsessed, businessmen we are all too familiar with. Very relevant to today’s world.

Harryc Thu 25-Oct-12 15:36:41

Friesops Fables a brand new publication by author, Julian Defries. is now a firm bedtime favourite in my house. Beautifully ‘drawn’ both in words and pictures. One of the stories is an analogy of a business panda seeking to ‘corner the market’ in bamboo, comparing him to the power hungry, wealth obsessed, businessmen we are all too familiar with. Very relevant to today’s world.

TrinityRhino Thu 11-Oct-12 12:35:10

On not in ugh

TrinityRhino Thu 11-Oct-12 12:34:56

What in earth happened there hmm

annidani8 Thu 11-Oct-12 12:03:38

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Ghouljamaflip Wed 10-Oct-12 22:20:14

Ds1 (9) - Justin Thyme (brill book!)
Dd1 (6) - The Games Fairy
Ds2 (5) - Come to tea on Planet Zum Zee
Dd2 (3) - Duck in a truck

Me (38) - Just finishing an advanced proof copy of a new historical novel about Princess Catherine of France (Henry V wife) - fantastic!

wearingpurple Wed 10-Oct-12 22:13:21

Dd1 (9): The Tales of Beedle the Bard (birthday present from Sunday)
Dd2 (7): The Worst Witch (non-birthday present from Sunday)
Me: The Suspicions of Mr Whicher

CaseyShraeger Wed 10-Oct-12 22:12:33

I'm reading the DCs When Hitker Stole Pink Rabbit - I'm resisting starting a new book myself because I have lots to do tonight whi h would be why I'm wasting time on Mumsnet

TrinityRhino Wed 10-Oct-12 22:11:16

Oops gecko is 5
Dd2 is 7
Dd1 is 12
And I'm 34

TrinityRhino Wed 10-Oct-12 22:10:21

Gecko - Tiddler the story telling fish
Dd2 - Mr skip, Michael morpurgo (sp?)
Dd1 - Guiness world records 2012
Me - Karlology

cilldara Wed 10-Oct-12 22:07:22

DD1 age 14 The house at riverton
DD2 age 11 Scorpia Rising
Me age 45 THe Mystery of Mercy Close Marion keyes
DH Some Lee Child thriller

moonblushtomato Wed 10-Oct-12 21:51:10

DS1 age 14 - Biography of an explorer in the Bear Grylls style

DS2 age 5 - The Giraffe, The Pelly and Me

DD age 4 - The Tiger who Came to Tea

Me - age 42 - Beautiful Girl by Can't - Remember - Who (but tis very good so far!)

vesela Wed 10-Oct-12 21:21:18

With DD (5) - The Hen Who Wouldn't Give Up (Jill Tomlinson)

Me - The Wine of Solitude (Irene Nemirovsky)

HappyAsEyeAm Wed 10-Oct-12 20:36:02

DS1 (4 yo) was read Green Light (one of the Little Red Train books) and Baggy Brown. After that DS2 (5 mo) decided that he's had enough of sitting in his chair listening to the stories and made sure tghat DS1 didn't have any more books by screeching the place down.

Whatiswitnit Tue 09-Oct-12 18:36:29

DS & DD (6) - Daisy and The Trouble With Coconuts.

DH - No More Heroes ( History of Punk from 1976 to 1980)

Me - The Little Friend by Donna Tartt

KealaK Tue 09-Oct-12 13:02:09

terrible two (6+7) are reading Pong! - after I saw a good review in the local paper. We bought it but it's actually on youtube youtu.be/QCQ0Qpfh_xY for free.

Me - reading Jessica by Bryce Courtney for the third time - with wine .

I have Gobbolino at home, will check when I get in.

Oh, I had forgotten Gobbolino! Does anyone remember the song that goes with it? (One fine night in a witch's cabin...)
DS obssessed with counting books.
I am reading The Mystery of Mercy Close by Marian Keyes

And I'm reading "the wonder book for girls and boys" to get more ideas for my storytelling business.

We're reading "Mattimeo" by Brian Jacques, as we've read the previous two, and are working through the trilogy.

MrsT888 Tue 02-Oct-12 06:35:32

I am reading the iBook '*the crockodogopig*' by Ricky Tart

itunes.apple.com/gb/book/the-crockodogopig/id562884915?mt=11

It is so heartwarming and it has a video of the author reading it with funny accents which my little boy loves

A bargin!

Taffeta Wed 26-Sep-12 13:06:31

DS - a Michael Morpurgo one - dunno which
DD - My naughty little sister reading about herself
Me - Just finished Moranthology

Harryc Wed 26-Sep-12 13:02:42

Check out the newly published Friesops Fables. Each tale has a moral. Set to rhyme but with slightly more challenging dialogue,
Friesops Fables http://friesopsfables.com/Index.htm

goingtoexplodesoon Sat 25-Aug-12 23:42:27

DD1 is reading My Granny's Great Escape by Jeremy Strong. He's also reading Great Lies to Tell Small Kids. When he finishes, I'll have a lot of explaining to do wink. My twins, DD2 and DS1, are going to be settling down with me to read The Hungry Caterpillar, The Gruffalo (their favourite book ever) and, if I don't fall asleep, Sink or Swim- the tale of two cows learning how to swim, by imitating ducks, using armbands and eventually surfing. A literary great! I'm (re)reading Nightwatch by Terry Pratchett.

cazzybabs Wed 22-Aug-12 09:33:38

dd1 (10) re-reading the Harry Potters
dd2 (7) the hobbit
dd3 (4) Gobbolino
dd4 (2) what ever next?, dogs by Emily gravvit and some word book

me: thinking fast thinking slow

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now