Opinions on...

(61 Posts)
everythinghippie29 Mon 26-Aug-13 23:07:18

Chael, for a boy?

DP loves it, I do like it but so far have only seen one person named it, (a UFC fighter incidentally) and I'm wondering what opinions are or if anyone has heard it elsewhere?

squoosh Tue 27-Aug-13 12:59:56

Goodness littlemog you do seem to have got yourself in a bit of a tizzy. But don't worry, your writing style is more than simple enough for me to have understood your initial post quite clearly. smile

littlemog Tue 27-Aug-13 13:04:35

everythinghippie sorry to railroad your thread somewhat but it is quite difficult getting through to some people as they don't seem to understand what they read!

As I have said, I love traditional names but also have come across some unusual names which I have loved and really suited the child. It is finding the right one that I think is probably a little harder but worth the effort if it's what you want. People sort of become their names anyway.

It is wrong that people judge on names (and it appears that we all do it to a degree) but as another poster said, preconceptions disappear once they have met the person. I think that the hard 'K' sound might be the thing that puts people off your choice....possibly not but it could be that.

Anyway - best of luck with your name hunt! It's all part of the fun. grin

littlemog Tue 27-Aug-13 13:07:06

And squoosh I could see that you were having comprehension issues so I tried to make it as simple as possible for you. Glad that you understand now.

See - working even in my hols! grin

squoosh Tue 27-Aug-13 13:09:11

My God but you're passive aggressive. If you don't like being pulled up on ignorant remarks, well then don't make them.

Happy to help!

ZolaBuddleia Tue 27-Aug-13 13:09:38

Hhm. Reckon there must be a name of a similar enough ilk for you to like it, but without the repeated ay sound.

Do you like Chad? Keir? Caleb? Cathal (Irish name pr Ca - hull)?

littlemog Tue 27-Aug-13 13:11:18

squoosh you see the thing is, I did not make any ignorant remarks. You became all 'horrified' over nothing and because you had misunderstood my posts. I have explained this and you now look a bit daft but it's ok.

Don't worry about it.

littlemog Tue 27-Aug-13 13:12:34

zola Oooh I like Caleb. It's unusual too.

squoosh Tue 27-Aug-13 13:17:21

And again with the passive aggression. How tedious.

I don't actually look 'daft' however you certainly look massively defensive because I took issue with your ignorant post.

ZolaBuddleia Tue 27-Aug-13 13:18:17

Chester?

Like shale then?

littlemog Tue 27-Aug-13 13:23:37

squoosh whatever. Life is far too short and precious for me to engage in silly squabbles with horrified MNetters like you.

I have just remembered that I used to teach a boy called Sal who was called Salty by everyone including his parents. It really suited him!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now