Debbie Bliss competition - show off your knitting / crocheting creations on this thread to enter.

(132 Posts)
RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 04-Dec-13 07:15:30

DEBBIE BLISS is joining us TODAY (Wednesday 4 December) for a webchat between 1-2pm.

We're inviting you to show your knitting creations off to Debbie. Post pics up of your projects and she will be helping us judge. We'll choose our favourite three and the winners will each win a copy of Debbie's book Knits For You and Your Home. We'll keep the comp open until Friday morning 10am and we'll announce the winner before the end of day on Friday. Debbie will be looking at this thread before and during the webchat so if you want her response or help with anything, do post your pics up on this thread.

PookBob Wed 04-Dec-13 07:26:31

I have never uploaded photos before, here goes......

I taught myself to crochet last December using you tube tutorials, and now I'm hooked smile

PookBob Wed 04-Dec-13 07:27:19

And another...

PookBob Wed 04-Dec-13 07:28:10

Last one...

How exciting! I have a knitting compulsion

I am terrible at taking photos, but I made this for my dp's dad. It's a very simple reversible scarf made from DB cashmerino aran, and the yarn combined with the scrunchy rib pattern here make it lovely and cushy

That bolster is gorgeous pookbob

RemoteControlGeekToyOfTheYear Wed 04-Dec-13 07:57:21

I set myself the challenge of completing this in 23 or fewer days, because the previous project I had completed had been on the go for 23 years fblush. I actually did it in 22 days, including sewing on the border which I hope to never have to do again as long as I live

Marking place so I remember to take pictures and upload when I get back from School Run!

This is my masterpiece. Again, I'm hopeless at photos so you can't make out the detail unfortunately, but I designed and made this traditional fisherman's gansey for my dp, which incorporates motifs from parts of the UK that are significant to us. It took nearly a year and is incredibly warm and heavy. It's made from frangipani 5-ply.

This is the only thing I've ever designed myself, and it was very much done in a "hold it up against him and see if t looks right" style, but I have even more admiration for designers now because it really did take blood sweat and tears to get what I wanted!

LJBrownie Wed 04-Dec-13 08:39:56

Knitted Christmas tree rainbow advent calendar!

pod3030 Wed 04-Dec-13 08:42:05

Crocheted ammonite for my daughter aged 2. smile

Ok I know they're not creations, finished, or in anyway amazing
except to me, as I only learned how to do this on Monday lunchtime after five minutes of tutorial so I'm just being a little proud of myself.

3littlewomen Wed 04-Dec-13 08:54:12

I knitted this (sampler blanket from The Ultimate book of Baby Knits) whilst in hospital pregnant with DC5! It passed the time and kept my sanity. Once he was born I embroidered his details on using my sewing machine....

It is knitted in baby cashmerino, the weight and warmth of this blanket had meant it is his most favourite blankie to sleep in.

I would love for Debbie to expand her range of "hybrid" projects i.e. projects that require more then one type of skill such as knitted dress tops and attached material skirts.

Thank you Debbie for your lovely patterns, they have given me many many hours of enjoyment x

LJBrownie Wed 04-Dec-13 09:02:31

And this one is from a lovely eighties Debbie Bliss children's knits book...

LJBrownie Wed 04-Dec-13 09:04:40

Looks like it's actually a nineties book but the early nighties smile

Bluebell99 Wed 04-Dec-13 09:10:19

Oh wow, loads of amazing things especially pookbob. I think you have set the standard really high. I am only learning, first week, and currently attempting a teddy. Maybe I will post a pic if I manage to finish him. Lots of inspiration here though.

Kveta Wed 04-Dec-13 09:27:51

wow, some beautiful woolly wonders here! I am in awe!

mine are a bit... amateur in comparison, but I am still hugely chuffed to have made anything at all - I am another who learnt from online tutorials, 3.5 months ago now, and I have been busy making lots of hats for my poor unsuspecting DC, as well as lots of these butterflies! The hat pattern was from a lovely MNetter, and the first written (i.e. without any photos!) pattern I followed!

Kveta Wed 04-Dec-13 09:50:55

hmm, that upload failed I think! this should be my hats:

Kveta Wed 04-Dec-13 09:53:47

and this should be a picture of the butterflies!

SuperNappy Wed 04-Dec-13 10:36:01

DD's baby blanket smile

HectorVector Wed 04-Dec-13 10:43:41

Gosh you lot are talented. I can only do scarfs. fblush

LJBrownie Wed 04-Dec-13 10:48:11

Kveta, do you have a link to the rainbow hat pattern - I love it!

GobbySadcase Wed 04-Dec-13 10:54:20

Cable detail on a jumper I knitted for DH

GobbySadcase Wed 04-Dec-13 10:55:16

Crocheted blanket - Christmas gift for my DM

GobbySadcase Wed 04-Dec-13 10:56:11

Bagpuss I made for DD (Alan Dart pattern)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now