Who is painting her nails. The stink is awful. Plus I have a hangover

EatShitDerek Sun 01-May-16 12:59:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

waitingforgodot Sun 01-May-16 13:02:13

Good idea. smile

Winterbiscuit Sun 01-May-16 13:02:34

YANBU, that's very inconsiderate.

MajesticSeaFlapFlap Sun 01-May-16 13:05:18

I sat in the doctors last week when a lady started painting her nails.
The receptionist told her to stop so she sat staring daggers at her till she was called

waitingforgodot Sun 01-May-16 13:09:24

I don't get it. It's really antisocial behaviour. Selfish

ProcrastinatorGeneral Sun 01-May-16 13:25:46

A woman was painting her nails on a packed bus I had the misfortune to be sat on a few years back. Driver had to brake suddenly and she ended up with red polish all over her coat. I laughed. Baaaaaaaad PG!grin

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Sun 01-May-16 13:27:29

What's wrong with painting your nails in public?

Other than the fact that doing it on transport is stupid because of the motion.

confused

LizzieVereker Sun 01-May-16 13:28:46

I once saw a woman paint her teeth white on a train. She was using the white nail varnish you get with a French manicure. I was shock. I wonder if she still has any teeth?

GreaseIsNotTheWord Sun 01-May-16 13:29:29

Seriously? Nail varnish stinks. It's a really anti-social thing to do IMO. The same as the idiot in work who thinks it's OK to fix her hair and start spritzing her hairspray all around at her fucking desk.

KoalaDownUnder Sun 01-May-16 13:29:38

Nail polish stinks.

Also, it's gross. Like applying makeup or brushing your hair in public. Do it at home, fgs.

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Sun 01-May-16 13:31:56

I watched someone put mascara on while standing in a packed rush hour train, mascara on one hand, mirror in the other.

Nail polish is awful though, the stink is horrid.

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Sun 01-May-16 13:32:56

Ah - OK. I knew nail polish remover stank to high heaven, but I'd forgotten that nail polish itself does.

It's a looooooooooooong time since I painted my nails. I really should do it again - but not in public, grin

CaffeineBomb Sun 01-May-16 13:33:39

It's massively anti social the smell gives me a headache.

Grease there was a girl who used to work in my office building who sprayed clouds of hairspray in the ladies every morning. Fine, except she didn't give a shit if people were walking behind her at the time and she got them in the face! Drove me mad

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sun 01-May-16 13:46:43

How can anyone paint their nails out in public and not smudge them ?

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Sun 01-May-16 13:47:44

They probably do.
On someone else's coat.

FanjofortheMammaries Sun 01-May-16 13:49:58

It's your own fault for being a drunken reprobate. grin

waitingforgodot Sun 01-May-16 13:52:37

Guilty as charged

elephantpig Sun 01-May-16 13:52:51

I sit at the top of the stairs on the landing to do my nails because DP hates the smell so much. grin

RobinsAreTerritorialFuckers Sun 01-May-16 13:53:09

I'd say something. Not everyone has the same sense of smell - some people honestly don't realise how bad it is, because it's not precisely the smell, it's the fumes.

My mum reacts really badly to them, so I've asked a woman to stop doing it before because her eyes were really watering, and it was fine. So I think I'd just politely mention it rather than stewing in silence!

tibbawyrots Sun 01-May-16 13:54:27

Someone was doing a full manicure on the plane last time I went away.
Nail clippers, emery boards, hand cream the works. Including a base coat and top coat. I half expected her to pull out one of those nail dryers.

She didn't, but she did brush her nail clippings onto the floor.

FayKorgasm Sun 01-May-16 13:55:57

Tip glitter over her head.

waitingforgodot Sun 01-May-16 14:00:38

The nail painting has finished thank god. Wasn't brave enough to confront her. Seems nail painting in public is a common thing

waitingforgodot Sun 01-May-16 14:02:21

Couple across the aisle are doing some couples quiz. He instigated it " words to describe your relationship"

waitingforgodot Sun 01-May-16 14:02:59

Now I really am going to throw up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now