Woman sneezing loudly and not covering nose wwyd?!

(77 Posts)
SuperFlyHigh Thu 21-Apr-16 18:59:47

I was out the other afternoon with my mum in sainsburys, popped round to see her and she said she wanted some bits so would I help carry. Fine I said.

So we're pushing a trolley round the aisles when suddenly we hear and see a woman (obviously the mum) and her adult DD pushing a trolley and the mum sneezing very loudly and not covering her mouth/nose or using a tissue at all.

If it had been once or twice then hey ho but she carried on round aisles got to fruit and veg and carried on sneezing. I think her DD was a bit embarrassed as she tried to distance herself. Anyway I know it wasn't just me judging as I heard another woman loudly complain and to the people on the deli counters. They just sighed and shrugged. Of course mum and I did shopping as quickly as we could then left the store.

I rang my mum on Monday and surprise surprise she has a bad cold (I have one too but not as bad).

Anyway would we have BU to complain to customer service staff? Should we have done so?! I get she was a paying customer.

The woman seemed a bit chavvy but not unusually so....

Thanks for reading!

dementedpixie Thu 21-Apr-16 19:07:55

Maybe she had hay fever rather than the cold. And yes ywbu to complain to the store, what on earth do you think they should have done??

NeedACleverNN Thu 21-Apr-16 19:07:58

The woman seemed a bit chavvy but not unusually so....

hmm

Seriously!

No you can't complain to customer services either!

dementedpixie Thu 21-Apr-16 19:09:01

And have biscuit for the chavvy comment

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Thu 21-Apr-16 19:10:30

WTF would Customer Services do about it?

Bagatelle1 Thu 21-Apr-16 19:12:45

Please do complain to Customer Services...and then come back and tell us what they say grin

Ivegotyourgoat Thu 21-Apr-16 19:14:55

Definitely complain. Actually it's not too late, you could pop in now, update and tell us what they say.

DraenorQueen Thu 21-Apr-16 19:17:36

I'd pay real money to watch you complain to customer services that a woman is sneezing.... but have a big fat biscuit for your stupid chavvy comment.

DontBuyANewMumCashmere Thu 21-Apr-16 19:18:19

grin
101 should do it.

Joke. Do not complain to anyone about a woman sneezing without covering her mouth. confused

LuciaInFurs Thu 21-Apr-16 19:18:50

She was disgusting but there is nothing customer services could do. I carry a scarf all year round because of people like this.

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Thu 21-Apr-16 19:21:00

you don't get this sort of behaviour in Waitrose or M&S

Grilledaubergines Thu 21-Apr-16 19:22:14

It's obviously giving you cause for concern OP if it happened 'the other afternoon' and it's still messing with your head.

What would you like Customer Services to do about it?

jobrum Thu 21-Apr-16 19:28:09

In case the mother if the baby I sneezed over on the bus the otherday is reading this sneezing thread with interest: its hayfever, not a cold and I'm really sorry!

I didn't think cold germs lived very long outside the body? Unless you were close by and hit with a sneeze would you catch a cold?

Witchend Thu 21-Apr-16 19:33:29

Of course you caught the cold from her... How else would you and your dm, who obviously spend some tine together, both have a cold.

I think you need to email customer services as I was in Sainsbury's last week and they all seemed a bit low and could have done with a good laugh.

GabiSolis Thu 21-Apr-16 19:34:23

Chavvy? FFS seriously?

Fluffyears Thu 21-Apr-16 20:07:36

Unless you touched the same surfaces as her you would not have caught anything from her. Colds are not airborne.

It sounds more like hayfever if it was constant.

I'd love to see you complain what exactly would you like the store to do?

BennyTheBall Thu 21-Apr-16 20:10:14

Arf at complaining to the staff about a customer sneezing.

FatPaul Thu 21-Apr-16 20:11:19

OP you sound precious.

oldlaundbooth Thu 21-Apr-16 20:12:46

'The woman seemed a bit chavvy but not unusually so...'

grin

In Sainsbo's too!!!!!

Actually laughed out loud at that one OP.

TheDuchessOfArbroathsHat Thu 21-Apr-16 20:12:47

What I wouldn't give to be working on Customer Services the day you do this grin You sound unhinged to be honest and here's another biscuit for your collection.

dudsville Thu 21-Apr-16 20:12:50

... but not unusually so. .. ha ha ha ha ha ha!

oldlaundbooth Thu 21-Apr-16 20:14:29

What was this chav-tastic sneezer wearing?

Did you check her basket? Did she have hummus?

wannabehippyandcrazycatlover Thu 21-Apr-16 20:16:05

biscuit

TheWeeBabySeamus1 Thu 21-Apr-16 20:22:10

Oh good lord. A disgusting chavvy human dared sneeze in your and your DMs presence. It's times like this I wish they'd bring back capital punishment - dirty, sneezing bastards.

To avoid any more horrendous incidents like this in future, might I suggest only shopping in Waitrose. I have it on good authority that any one prone to such disgusting outbursts of sneezing are rugby tackled to the ground, dragged outside to the stocks ( they keep them in the car park ) and pelted with organic, on the vine tomatoes before being shipped back to whatever chavvy part of town they're from. And Sainsburys should obviously ban the offending chav for life from their stores and offer you lots of £££s to compensate you for this traumatic experience.

I'm so sorry that this happened flowers for you ( oh shit, I have hay fever - ATCHOOOO! ) grin

originalmavis Thu 21-Apr-16 20:26:17

I'd write to my MP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now