To think a kitkat without wafer is actually rather a treat?

(54 Posts)
SwearyGodmother Mon 01-Feb-16 08:55:52

And not a "loss of monetary and emotional significance"?

And definitely not something to run to the papers/write a ludicrous complaint about? Link

I had one without wafer in my lunchbox about 25 years ago. I still remember how delighted I was grin chocolate

StealthPolarBear Mon 01-Feb-16 08:59:49

I agree but I don't understand (myself). It's just s bat of chocolate. Presumably at the time we bought them, the option to bit a bat of chocolate was available

VertigoNun Mon 01-Feb-16 09:02:51

Yummy. Thought I do like a bit of wafer.

Oysterbabe Mon 01-Feb-16 09:03:03

You should get what you pay for. I wouldn't complain though.

RonniePickering Mon 01-Feb-16 09:06:54

No, if you want just a chocolate bar, buy a plain one.

I'm expecting the wafer. I wouldn't complain either, though.

SaucyJack Mon 01-Feb-16 09:06:56

I read elsewhere that she was a law student.

Not sure she's taking it too seriously (hopefully!)

NinaSimoneful Mon 01-Feb-16 09:09:49

Well if I'd bought a multipack of KitKats and there wasn't any wafer in any of them I would think that if I'd wanted solid chocolate then that's what I would've bought.

But I certainly wouldn't be demanding a lifetime supply of chocolate on account of my extreme emotional distress. (I wouldn't turn it down though!)

unlucky83 Mon 01-Feb-16 09:15:39

I got an aero once without bubbles (30 + years ago) - it was one of the big chunky ones not the bar ones you snap bits off...
At first I thought it was a bit of a treat ...extra chocolate ...then realised the chocolate was quite hard (maybe it has to be to hold the bubbles) and unless warmed it was hard to take a bite...
I think I had more cause to complain ....and if only I could have broken a tooth...I could have raked it in wink
And how many Kit-Kats is a lifetime's supply? Does she want them all at once - surely they'd go off after a few years? If they gave her one a day then in 10yrs time she'll be suing them for causing her to be overweight, diabetic with no teeth???? And you'd get sick of them ....

OttiliaVonBCup Mon 01-Feb-16 09:24:32

I do want the wafer, but my life won't be ruined if I didn't get one.

I must be made of sterner stuff than Sadface.

BarbaraofSeville Mon 01-Feb-16 09:26:12

I would be disappointed with a chocolate only kitkat because I really like wafery things and that would be why I would choose a kitkat. I almost never eat solid milk chocolate.

I would send them a quick email, because they actually do want to know these kind of things and I would be hoping for vouchers. If they sent me a nice letter of apology and a few quid in vouchers I would be more than happy.

But obviously she has gone too far in going to the papers/taking legal action.

tictactoad Mon 01-Feb-16 09:35:45

I can think of only one or two occasions ever in my entire KitKat eating career when there hasn't been a wafer in them. Quite a pleasant surprise and it didn't even occur to me to worry.

I have obviously missed a trick here but apart from clearly chancing her arm I still can't help wondering how the fuck this woman managed to lay her hands on eight mutant KitKats in one hit. Colour me cynical but it seems like quite a coincidence.

GingerNutRiskIt Mon 01-Feb-16 09:44:56

Completely agree with you OP, I love it when there's no wafer, doesn't happen very often any more though, QC must be higher than it was in the 80s grin

Hippee Mon 01-Feb-16 11:37:49

I once got a Club biscuit with no biscuit and was delighted. After that I used to nibble from one end in the hope that I wouldn't reach biscuit again, but it never happened.

SalemSaberhagen Mon 01-Feb-16 11:47:27

My favourite is malteasers when they have gone all gummy.

I once had a jam doughnut with no jam, that was upsetting.

SwearyGodmother Mon 01-Feb-16 11:51:46

I once had a jam doughnut with no jam, that was upsetting

So a sugary, deep fried bread roll? Yick.

SalemSaberhagen Mon 01-Feb-16 11:55:13

I know. With every bite I was thinking, this must be the jam now but alas, it was not to be.

AndNowItsSeven Mon 01-Feb-16 11:55:41

I wish you could buy jam donuts without the jam!

BarbaraofSeville Mon 01-Feb-16 11:58:38

Wouldn't jam donuts without the jam be pointless just be those sugar ring ones?

I love a good jam donut, but not as much as those fresh hot ones you get at the seaside. Yum!

KaraokeQueenOfTheNorth Mon 01-Feb-16 12:01:53

I'd be really annoyed if my kit kats had no wafer and I might complain if I bought 8 with no wafer. But my money back would probably suffice...

I don't understand people who are happy to have a kit Kat without wafer. Just buy a bar of chocolate!

I'm with The girl in the article. Kit kats need wafers.

AnUtterIdiot Mon 01-Feb-16 12:05:40

Piping hot freshly made seaside doughnuts are the best.

I have made doughnuts at home - surprisingly easy. Half filled with jam and half with lemon curd. They don't keep well, though, so you have to eat them the day you make them.

I quite like it when the KitKat has wafer in some fingers but not others but I think I would feel a bit swizzed if it had no wafers at all. I don't think I'd feel emotional about it, mind.

A friend of mine used to complain about every faulty food item he ordered. He got a whole box of Magnums once as compensation for a duff Magnum. I can't remember how it was duff exactly. And huge boxes of crisps for a duff bag of crisps. It was a bit of an obsession with him.

ScrappyMalloy Mon 01-Feb-16 12:09:38

Years ago, I had a kit kat with no wafer. Absolutely delicious.

I still remember it wistfully.

GingerNutRiskIt Mon 01-Feb-16 12:12:16

Salem I really like the stale gone off gummy maltesers too grin

NNalreadyinuse Mon 01-Feb-16 12:16:38

Kitkat chocolate tastes better than normal choc, so I agree it is an unexpected and lovely bonus to get a bar without wafer.

NeedsAsockamnesty Mon 01-Feb-16 12:20:50

I once had a tube of smarties with only orange ones in. It was a life defining highlight

Ive longed for another ever since.Alas it is obviously not meant to be

CallieTorres Mon 01-Feb-16 12:21:31

i'd be annoyed / amused

but wouldnt be demanding a "lifetime of the bars will allow her to act as ‘quality control’, and insists that she will take legal action if Nestle doesn’t comply with the request."

"She added: ‘They should definitely give in to me. I’m hoping my demand will go higher than the customer service platform"

oh whats the phrase.... FOTTFSATFOSM?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now