To think a long lie is not a waste!

(43 Posts)
JakieOH Sat 13-Jun-15 11:47:55

I rarely get the chance to lie on of a morning, so today I didn't get up until 11 smile I dosed, I read I dosed some more and I loved every last second of it.

My aunt is just finished telling me that I've wasted half my day and think of all the things I could have been doing, I told her I'd been dreaming of them and was thinking of just going back to bed till 1 wink

Surely this a great way to spend a SC DP free rainy Saturday? smile I will return to the real world soon but for now I am reminiscing my student days, and loving it. Is this UR

Finola1step Sat 13-Jun-15 11:50:47

Enjoy every minute b

NotOneIota Sat 13-Jun-15 11:53:16

Good for you OP. We all need a lie in some days. Aunty just jealous!

Nolim Sat 13-Jun-15 11:53:18

I envy you envy

lornathewizzard Sat 13-Jun-15 11:54:00

Not unreasonable in the slightest

Meow75 Sat 13-Jun-15 11:54:48

Great way to recharge the batteries.

Ludways Sat 13-Jun-15 12:01:17

You've had time to yourself, you didn't 'just' sleep, you luxuriated! I don't like doing it often, but when I do, I love it!

MrsTedCrilly Sat 13-Jun-15 12:01:32

A lie in will reinvigorate you and make you be able to deal with everything else better. Sleep isn't a waste! My FIL has 4hrs of sleep a night, thinks everyone else should be up at 6am like him and thinks you're lazy if not. What exactly are you missing by having the odd lie in!?

QuiteLikely5 Sat 13-Jun-15 12:02:57

A long lie is not a waste. A long lie is like gold dust to must parents.........

WorraLiberty Sat 13-Jun-15 12:06:50

YANBU. I'm rarely up before 10.30am on a Saturday.

cozietoesie Sat 13-Jun-15 13:13:37

During the week I'm up and doing pretty early - that's my routine - but today we're having a duvet day. Wonderful.

Enjoy it, OP.

Amy106 Sat 13-Jun-15 15:01:44

Not unreasonable at all. Sounds lovely. smile

MrsTerryPratchett Sat 13-Jun-15 15:07:12

DD broke me and I can no longer lie in. It's very sad. Enjoy your bed-lazing.

SomewhereIBelong Sat 13-Jun-15 17:07:20

MrsTP - me too!!! Having kids has meant I don't do lie ins any more - and youngest is 12!

BadLad Sat 13-Jun-15 17:53:23

Your aunt is talking bollocks. Enjoying time is never wasting time.

CMP69 Sat 13-Jun-15 17:54:49

I would almost give my right arm for a morning like that grin

pinkhorse Sat 13-Jun-15 17:56:17

People have different priorities. To me a lay in is a massive waste of a day. I couldnt do it, I never have one, never have the desire to. I'm an active outdoorsy person though so would rather be up and out early running or on the bike enjoying the roads whilst they are quieter.

CoffeeTwo Sat 13-Jun-15 17:56:19

My motto is time you've enjoyed wasting is not time wasted at all smile

EatDessertFirst Sat 13-Jun-15 19:38:12

I think a lie in is a waste of a day. But, I've always been an early riser, even at uni. Once I am awake, I have to get up and start doing the billion things my mind starts whirling around as soon as I open my eyes.

Totality22 Sat 13-Jun-15 19:40:57

I haven't slept in beyond 9am in about 3.5 years to be precise

I am and have always been a morning person but God I could do with a few extra hours every now and then.

Work schedules and ebf children means I don't get the chance.

MrsTerryPratchett Sat 13-Jun-15 19:46:11

Somewhere sad I was hoping it would grow back. I am obviously doomed to be awake at bloody 5.30am early every morning for the rest of my life...

cozietoesie Sat 13-Jun-15 19:47:13

To be fair, I dont think I actually sleep during lie-ins. More lying in bed with cups of tea and books/magazines I haven't finished. Just as satisfying.

smile

DawnOfTheDoggers Sat 13-Jun-15 19:52:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SewingBox Sat 13-Jun-15 19:55:53

It's not a waste if you've enjoyed it but I find I never enjoy it as much as I should or think I will.

I just lie there feeling bored and cross with myself and end up with a headache and no oomph when I do eventually get up.

CakeNinja Sat 13-Jun-15 21:12:43

YANBU!
Of course not, my bed is my favourite place in the world. I don't spend nearly as much time in it as id like to.
Since having dc, ive lost my ability to sleep in, my eyes tend to spring open by 7am at the latest. I can doze off again but not for a deep sleep, more for 15 minutes. It's sad, I love sleeping.
Even if we've had a night out and the dc have slept elsewhere, we both still wake early. We had a long weekend away without them recently. On the Sunday morning, we were down at the beach with book/newspaper/tea by 8am!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now