To have thrown the children's tea in the sink?

(124 Posts)
Athyrium Mon 01-Sep-14 17:20:10

DS2 enters kitchen and asks what's for tea. I answer, to which he says he hates it (He has never had it before.)

DS1 enters kitchen and asks what we're having. When I reply he tells me it's gross (He has never had it before.)

I have a PMT induced moment of RAGE and the throw the lot in the sink on top of the dirty washing up.

Am now skulking upstairs.

I think half of it bounced off the washing up and is now stuck on the wall, which I suppose serves me right...

Lagoonablue Mon 01-Sep-14 17:21:45

Probably unreasonable but I feel your pain. I hate it when I have prepared a nice mean and the D s turn their noses up at it, before even trying it.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Mon 01-Sep-14 17:21:50

"Well thats whats on offer. Eat it or go hungry" might have been a more rational response, however it sounds as if you are pretty stressed atm so im just going to say better to throw it in the sink than on their heads.

reup Mon 01-Sep-14 17:23:02

Are you me?

gincamparidryvermouth Mon 01-Sep-14 17:25:04

YWNBU.

CromerSutra Mon 01-Sep-14 17:26:07

Totally reasonable! It is bloody annoying when they do that.

Athyrium Mon 01-Sep-14 17:26:31

What makes you think I'm stressed ThinkIve grin

Good point about could have thrown it over their heads, feel a much better mum now!

deakymom Mon 01-Sep-14 17:26:32

sorry to snigger yanbu but i can believe you threw it in the sink and up the wall grin

deakymom Mon 01-Sep-14 17:26:59

i would have gone for the heads too

ItMustBeBedtimeSurely Mon 01-Sep-14 17:27:32

Well, I've just thrown dd's dinner in the bin and told her there's nothing else, so if you are BU, so am I.

Sigh.

WandaWitch Mon 01-Sep-14 17:28:02

Nope YWNBU and hopefully the point has been made. Hope you still have yours though?

londonrach Mon 01-Sep-14 17:28:15

Pity you can't clear it up rather than you. Yanbu and hugs xxxxx

ThinkIveBeenHacked Mon 01-Sep-14 17:28:18

Are they old enough to act contrite, clean itup and bring you a cup of camomile tea?

Bulbasaur Mon 01-Sep-14 17:28:49

Ah yes, fussy eaters. My response is always "Then don't eat it". Actually we have a 3 bites rule. You take three good bites and you get an alternative like a sandwich or banana.

Obviously, wasting food is an unreasonable response, but its done now.

For the future can you involve your DS's in meal planning and prep? How old are they? Even a small child can help peel potatoes or arrange food on the baking sheets.

Athyrium Mon 01-Sep-14 17:29:27

Have just found some rice down my cleavage.

AlpacaLypse Mon 01-Sep-14 17:29:29

Assuming DS's are sulky brat teenagers, not preschoolers, ywnbu at all!

BackforGood Mon 01-Sep-14 17:29:33

How old are they ?

Nottinghill1 Mon 01-Sep-14 17:29:46

Good for you!!!

Boysandme Mon 01-Sep-14 17:33:27

grin I did that once to DS 13 who was being a right little shit so I just chucked the plate and it's contents in the sink. He was really quite shocked!

It was so out of character for me but I am pleased I did it, I had really had enough.

Hope you don't find more of the meal on you!! I also hope that it is cleaned up by the time you go downstairs, my kitchen was immaculate after I did it grin. Quite worth it to avoid cleaning up!!

Boysandme Mon 01-Sep-14 17:34:02

Of course does also depend on how old they are.

furcoatbigknickers Mon 01-Sep-14 17:34:04

Yabu but I feel your pain.

Athyrium Mon 01-Sep-14 17:34:05

They are 7 and 9. DS1 has form for extreme fussiness but is way better these days. Im possibly still a bit sensitive on the issue though.

But that out of hand dismissal of something they hadn't even clapped eyes on is just so bloody rude!!

morethanpotatoprints Mon 01-Sep-14 17:38:53

Hello OP

YANBU, I never allowed fussy eaters neither.
I've told this on here before but I used to dish it up anyway and if they didn't eat it refrigerate for breakfast next day.
They once had sunday tea for Monday breakfast, then weirdly enough their fussiness had gone grin

ikeaismylocal Mon 01-Sep-14 17:39:03

My mum used to reply to the "but I don't like it!" Comment with a cheery "that's fine! You can have shit on toast!" I haven't got to that stage with toddler ds yet but throwing dinner in the sink is something I could imagine myself doing.

londonrach Mon 01-Sep-14 17:41:23

As children if we turned up our nose at food we went yo bed hungry. We never did that again....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now