Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To want to monitor supermarket car parks voluntarily to catch people without children parking in the parent/child parking spaces?

(170 Posts)
Hotmad Wed 19-Feb-14 20:38:29

Ok it's me again but a lot of things have occurred to me today that are unreasonable.
Today as I came out of the supermarket a woman in a big nice Mercedes pulled in next to my car into the parent and child bays, she did not have a child with her! I was so angry but as I'm not the confrontational type I threw her my best evil look and made a mental note to vent on MN later about it.
I never cared before but now I Have a new baby I realise there aren't actually that many of these bays going and if people use fraudulently then this is not fair and something needs to be done! angry

Joules68 Wed 19-Feb-14 20:40:55

Don't be ridiculous! They are a courtesy that's all

ImATotJeSuisUneTot Wed 19-Feb-14 20:41:32

Ready........

Steady............

BOOM!

PinkyHasNoEars Wed 19-Feb-14 20:41:41

A parking thread....

This isn't destined to go well.

hmc Wed 19-Feb-14 20:41:58

Oh dear - perspective!

willselfless Wed 19-Feb-14 20:42:26

Really?

HappyMummyOfOne Wed 19-Feb-14 20:42:35

I wish they would just scrap them. People managed for years without them and nobidies baby melted in the rain if they had to walk across the car park.

Fakebook Wed 19-Feb-14 20:42:39

<gets the popcorn>

shoofly Wed 19-Feb-14 20:42:42

Yawn...

shakinstevenslovechild Wed 19-Feb-14 20:42:51

grin and what do you think should be done exactly?

Throw people in the stocks?

Do your blood pressure a favour and do all your shopping online from now on.

capsium Wed 19-Feb-14 20:43:05

Is it really worth it?

Perfectlypurple Wed 19-Feb-14 20:43:28

What joules said

CoffeeTea103 Wed 19-Feb-14 20:43:29

What would you do if you went to a place that didn't cater for these special bays?

Hotmad Wed 19-Feb-14 20:43:38

Uh oh.... Am I too new to MN to be posting about parking? Suddenly fear I might be taken seriously, should I have put *light hearted*in the title?

picnicbasketcase Wed 19-Feb-14 20:43:52

Mind your own beeswax. Hth.

Sirzy Wed 19-Feb-14 20:44:05

Wow I wish I had enough spare time I could consider volunteering to something so pointless....

Simple solution, move the spaces to the back of the car parks. Can gurantee they will always be empty then!

Panzee Wed 19-Feb-14 20:44:06

I find it really hard to care about this, despite having two kids.

YABU

IamInvisible Wed 19-Feb-14 20:44:37

Have you thought of a hobby?

Knitting or crochet is quite relaxing you know or maybe you could get a life!

NaffOrf Wed 19-Feb-14 20:44:56

'fraudulently'?

Fuck me, I've heard it all now.

Sirzy Wed 19-Feb-14 20:45:00

What would you do if you went to a place that didn't cater for these special bays?

I have asked this many times on similar threads yet nobody has ever given me an answer just pointed out why they NEED such spaces

FloozeyLoozey Wed 19-Feb-14 20:45:45

It isn't fraud as it isn't a criminal offence.

candycoatedwaterdrops Wed 19-Feb-14 20:46:18

Nothing makes me sadder and outraged than a person in a P&C space without a child. sad sad sad angry angry angry

lljkk Wed 19-Feb-14 20:46:53

Maybe when people park little bollards should come up behind the vehicle. Which will only go down with a little token you insert having collected the token from customer service with child in tow.

CromeYellow Wed 19-Feb-14 20:47:09

Most parents don't use them anyway as there's only a few. A very large lady without children parked in one the other day while I parked in a normal space. I assume she needed the extra space to ensure she could get in and out of the car, she certainly needed it more than I did. I've never had a problem with a normal space and don't really get the p&c spaces, parents can always get a smaller car if space to get a carseat out is an issue. Nice idea I suppose but there are many people who need them more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now