Actually, I am being really unreasonable. However I would like to ask those who have experienced Angel Feathers to....

(806 Posts)
DioneTheDiabolist Tue 12-Nov-13 22:43:03

...answer a few questions that I have.

1). What does it feel like when you see that feather?

2). What are your thoughts when this happens?

And

3). What would you say are the long term (if any) effects that you would attribute to these encounters.

I understand that this belief has been the subject of some ridicule here. I have no intention of ridiculing anyone. This thread has been inspired by a previous AIBU thread, but is not a thread about a thread. I am not a journalist. I am not seeking results to use in an academic submission or publication. What I am seeking is knowledge and understanding in the hope that I can use it to help others.

IABU for the following reasons:
I only posted in AIBU for the traffic. If MN rule that I have breached guidelines, can it be moved and not deleted.

And I ask the skeptics not to put people off answering honestly. If you think it necessary, I can start another thread for all your thoughts to be discussed. Perhaps the scientifically minded of you could look at this as an information gathering excersise.smile

Anchoress Tue 12-Nov-13 22:47:30

Maybe as a public information service, you or someone else could explain or point to some information on this phenomenon????

manicinsomniac Tue 12-Nov-13 22:48:06

what's an angel feather?

lessonsintightropes Tue 12-Nov-13 22:48:42

YABU for posting here for the traffic and my arse you're not a journalist...

How do you 'experience' Angel Feather (capitalised - really?)?

confused

comemulledwinewithmoi Tue 12-Nov-13 22:53:28

She's a regular. I sometimes find feathers and think ahh is that from an angel? Or maybe it's from my duvet. Serious.

diagnosticnomansland Tue 12-Nov-13 22:53:56

Can I put my vote in for "Oddest thread I've seen on MN"?

And yes...AF?.....hmm

DioneTheDiabolist Tue 12-Nov-13 22:54:45

I'm not a journo. I'm not collecting info for a survey. I have no personal gain in asking.

I have been here for quite a few years. Apart from the first Halloween here, when I NC'd from Dione to Dione the Diabolist, I have not NC'd. I have met local members and they have met me.

Oh, I sometimes find a feather, I like finding feathers.
They are usually from flying rats pigeons or seagulls though.
I am not sure I'd recognise a feather from an angel hmm.

There are people who find feathers that they believe are shed by actual angels? Wow. All we get round here are dirty great pigeons. Am clearly mixing with the wrong kind of feathered friends.

DioneTheDiabolist Tue 12-Nov-13 22:58:42

Pacific what do you like about finding feathers?

Strumpetron Tue 12-Nov-13 22:59:44

I really hate it when people type like this I imagine their voices to go up at the end when they say it, and tilt their heads to the side

curlew Tue 12-Nov-13 23:00:01

Do you mean finding white feathers? I do this all the time. Because lots of birds have white under feathers, and lots of duvets and cushions are stuffed with white feathers.

Whenever I see a robin I think about my late mother and smile. She loved robins and loved it when one came and joined her when she was gardening.

Strumpetron Tue 12-Nov-13 23:00:22

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

FutTheShuckUp Tue 12-Nov-13 23:00:43

Found one on the window at work the day after my Grandad died

I like how pretty and pristine they look. Even when they come from a common pigeon which more than likely has just crapped on DH's car grin.
And yes, white feathers are v common.

Strumpetron Tue 12-Nov-13 23:01:29

I find them quite often, oh the joy of feather pillows.

steff13 Tue 12-Nov-13 23:01:50

Since Angels would be roughly the size of a human, wouldn't their feathers be really huge? Eagles are bigger than robins, and their feathers are much bigger, too.

DeepThought Tue 12-Nov-13 23:01:58

the feathers we often get are from small birds being punched outta the sky be the peregrine, sigh [country bumpkin land]

children like finding feathers, mine certainly did, only really stopped being oooh and ahh and let's take it home, Mama at about age 8.

UniS Tue 12-Nov-13 23:02:07

i like finding the kind of feather that looks good stuck in a hat band.
why- because my family morris dancer has a feather in his hat band and he loses them occasionally.

angel feathers??? what they ?

I have a feather duvet and pillows. I just think "oh another feather."

Am I supposed to think something different?

Ruralninja Tue 12-Nov-13 23:04:17

what an odd thread! Why have you spent so much time saying what you're not doing, instead of telling us what you are doing? Hm? [head tilt, upward inflection, unnecessary capitalisation/text in bold]

DioneTheDiabolist Tue 12-Nov-13 23:04:41

Thank you Curlew.smile

As per last week's thread on the same topic.....

It's utter steaming horseshit.

The meaningful explanation for 'angel' feathers is as follows

Birds possess feathers. Birds fly. Gravity works.

Ta fucking da.

Steff, depends whether the angel feather enthusiast is imagining something pretty and dainty out of a children's book or St Michael with his flaming sword!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now