to think the women in "Don't Tell The Bride" should go through the day their OH has organised? [contains spoilers]

(232 Posts)
MardyBra Wed 23-Oct-13 17:36:25

Like the woman on the last one.

She didn't like the dress her bloke chose, so she had a tantrum to get another one.
And then she didn't jump out of the plane he so thoughtfully organised her.

I mean, if you're going to prostitute your big day and accept thousands of pounds of our licence fees to get a free day, you should go through with the premise of the show.

Otherwise the brides should pay the money back.

MrBolton Wed 23-Oct-13 17:48:50

It also massively pisses me off when the bride and groom cry cos they have to spend three weeks apart.

UnexpectedFrightInShaggingArea Wed 23-Oct-13 17:49:05

Orange! Spill!

I'd quite like to see an older couple/second marriage on, they are all so young!

GoldenGytha Wed 23-Oct-13 17:51:31

I love this programme too,

I thought the dress the groom picked was lovely, and the one the bride tantrummed to get hideous.

I was shocked at her kicking off the hoop, moaning "Get it off me, Get it off me" was childish and spoilt in the extreme.

Though I don't blame her for not jumping out of the plane, I would not have done that either!

DownstairsMixUp Wed 23-Oct-13 17:51:36

Which one were you orange?! I randomly had one of the guys from DTTB like one of my instagram photos (from ex modelling days) he was the rocker tattooist guy whose wife fell out with her mum and said she didn't want her at the wedding. i'm so sad

I think I would cry to though if i left dp blush

imnotwhoyouthinkiam Wed 23-Oct-13 17:52:08

I havent watched dttb for a long time, so was last night's a repeat? Because I'm sure I saw it! No way would I jump.out of a plane on my wedding day, but then I hope that if I were getting married my husband to be would know that!

RedPencils Wed 23-Oct-13 17:52:23

I wouldn't jump out of a plane either, so fair enough on that one.

MrBolton Wed 23-Oct-13 17:53:22

It's a brand new series imnotwho

imnotwhoyouthinkiam Wed 23-Oct-13 17:54:21

Really? I definitely seen that one!

ClangerOnaComeDown Wed 23-Oct-13 17:54:23

Oh orange spill the beans!!

ExcuseTypos Wed 23-Oct-13 17:59:49

Imnot- it's not the first time someone has been made to do a jump from a plane. I remember there was a Scottish woman, who did actually jump.

I started watching last night, then switched it over when he mentioned a plane. I just thought 'what a twat' and couldn't be bothered watching anymore.

NaturalBloodsuckerYeahRight Wed 23-Oct-13 18:00:56

I can't watch it anymore, I just spend the whole time repeating 'surely you would discuss roughly what you want, surely!'
Do they pick the young ones because they have weirder ideas? do the blokes have to come up with bonkers ideas in the interviews, is that how they get on?

Stealmysunshine Wed 23-Oct-13 18:01:30

I'll also jumping on the orange tell us!! Bandwagon!

I love to watch it but I also agree that if you go on the show you have to do it all.

Or simply tell him what you want??

I was looking for a thread on this last night, I was shouting at the TV (its my secret pleasure and the one night a week I am on my own so it was ok to argue with the telly) for him to not go through with the wedding, oki I can understand not wanting to jump out of a plane, but god, she was like a little spoit brat. She had no faith in him at all did she.

I thought the derelict church last week was lovely, all of her family was moaning at the start, I thought it was bootiful, its near me, wish I had got married in there with all the candles.

Mrspebble Wed 23-Oct-13 18:03:34

I love this programme. I didn't think much of the girl on it last night and the bridesmaid was fairly bitchy when she said ..you're ginger and receeding ... To the groom! Was uncalled for

Even at the end, the girl said she is always like that.

MyfavcolourisOrange Wed 23-Oct-13 18:03:57

Well I have to be careful not to out myself AND we have a confidentiality clause written into the contract hmm

I was really lucky and had a lovely day....I wasn't weird at all - I had a lucky escape! I did have a scenario similar to what Bruce has said though!

However, the producers were adamant to make me look like a diva and would go to any lengths to do so, they also have huge influence in what the grooms do. You have to stick with what you've said you'll organise through the application process. You can't get on the program (they have 1000's of applications each series believe it or not) and then change your mind so not to upset the bride. It's what's best for good tv obviously. Basically once the contract is signed you and your day is the property of DTTB.

Which I guess is what we sign up for when you want a free wedding......

jellyandcake Wed 23-Oct-13 18:04:30

My wedding venue was on DTTB! Was so excited. It wasn't a very dramatic episode though. I don't think they should be allowed to refuse the dress as it defeats the whole point! I would forfeit the money in order to not jump out of the plane though!

MyfavcolourisOrange Wed 23-Oct-13 18:05:06

No that's not my husband Downstairs - thankfully!!!!! grin

MardyBra Wed 23-Oct-13 18:06:16

Yes Orange I'm sure there is a lot of editing to make the bride look diva-esque and the groom look like a nobber. But some couples look like they don't need much editing.

DownstairsMixUp Wed 23-Oct-13 18:06:17

I still have no idea what bride you might of been!

MardyBra Wed 23-Oct-13 18:07:02

Are you still together Orange?

BatPenguin Wed 23-Oct-13 18:10:24

There was a programme one year on from a previous series - including the couple who had the Jordan carriage and helicopter. Think her name was Laila and he was a postman. They separated after the wedding quite quickly, as had several other couples.
It really annoys me when the groom spends thousands on his stag going abroad etc and then sends the hens to bingo.

DoJo Wed 23-Oct-13 18:12:03

MrBolton "It also massively pisses me off when the bride and groom cry cos they have to spend three weeks apart."

Why? I have never spent more than two days apart from my husband (and we once lived in hotel rooms, so never more than about 3 meters from one another, for 5 months and it was great!) and that is one of the main reasons I wouldn't want to be on DTTB.

MardyBra Wed 23-Oct-13 18:12:22

My favourite bit is always when the bride gets to see the dress for the first time.

RedPencils Wed 23-Oct-13 18:15:14

orange do they really do all the planning in such a short time? I always wonder how they manage to find a venue in 2 weeks.

Blissx Wed 23-Oct-13 18:16:04

I find some of the mothers just as bad the brides! I think you come across as really sensible and realistic Orange and glad you had a lovely day. I watched them all before my own wedding and still have the one recorded that was filmed at my venue. Keep up the good work crazy brides and grooms out there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now