Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To think my child will not get bullied for being called.......

(130 Posts)
AmataesAmataes Tue 21-May-13 14:10:31

Rupert

36wks pg with baby no1, don't know the sex of the baby yet, however MIL, DM and various friends laughed when I suggest "Rupert James" was on our list for boys names, apparently if I call my son this he will be forever teased at school and be called "Rupert bear" expected to wear yellow trousers etc hmm. DH just shrugged about this.

So AIBU to tell them to mind there own and use this name anyway (if I have a son) or am I setting my child up for a life of torment?

Other names we like:

Frederick James (Freddie)
Archibald George (Archie)
Cassius Paul
Lucius George

Girls:

Penelope Rose
Delilah Jane
Clara Jane
Evangeline Jane

XiCi Wed 22-May-13 16:54:11

To everyone saying that no child of this generation will have a clue who Rupert bear is, the programme is on Channel 5 every morning. My 2 year old watches it so kids his age will be aware of it. Not that I would let the fact that a kids tv character had the name put me off

I really don't like Rupert though. It just sounds really wet. I think people have strong perceptions of what someone with a name like Rupert would be like as a person (as evidenced on this thread)and I wouldn't want my DS saddled with being labelled in this way

BegoniaBampot Wed 22-May-13 16:56:47

They are making an Assasins Creed movie so they will be very well known and popular in a few years.

TheSecondComing Wed 22-May-13 16:56:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Loulybelle Wed 22-May-13 16:57:53

I better get a man and make some boys then Begonia, before the others jump on the name bandwagon.

lollydollydrop Wed 22-May-13 16:58:13

hahaha!!! :D

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now