To be annoyed that ignorant prejudice stays but..

(74 Posts)
seeker Sat 18-May-13 21:55:30

...but an ironic piss take is deleted?

BOF Sat 18-May-13 21:57:10

Do elaborate...

OutragedFromLeeds Sat 18-May-13 21:59:39

Is this the old people/ginger people saga?

I agree seeker. I think the original thread was horrible and I don't understand why it's still there.

Age is a protected characteristic under the Equality Act the same as race, sexual orientation and all the rest.

seeker Sun 19-May-13 08:38:40

And I can't decide how I feel about whoever reported the thread. Sense of humour failure? Teacher's pet? ("Miss! There's a thread about a thread, Miss!") Somebody who actually thinks it's OK to be vile about old people?

usualsuspect Sun 19-May-13 08:53:13

I had to stop reading the original thread,it was giving me the rage. I wondered where your thread had gone. I thought it was funny and got the point across.

jacks365 Sun 19-May-13 08:56:27

I enjoyed the deleted thread, it was just what I needed to put me in the mood for a busy day of shopping in the city centre.

YANBU. The original thread was ridiculous, yours was a brilliant way to show that.

MammaTJ Sun 19-May-13 09:32:18

Well, it made me laugh while it was there.

I agree agesim stays but a piss take to prove a point stays . Way to go mnhq.

goes even

YANBU, but this thread will be deleted too. Maybe contact MNHQ directly, and get more people reporting the ageist thread would work better?

Buzzardbird Sun 19-May-13 09:34:29

Oh, that didn't...did they? I was managing to introduce it into other posts too. Spoilsports! sad

Well said freddie.

MammaTJ Sun 19-May-13 09:35:54

The deletion message is boring too. They should have put more effort in to that.

lisianthus Sun 19-May-13 09:37:19

I felt the same way about all those pisstake threads re the "why don't people dress their daughters in nice little dresses?" threads. Sometimes a thread about a thread should have an exemption on the grounds of satire.

I did report the original thread and I've had a email from HQ that basically says it's OK because she's being "corrected" and "it would be a shame to cut her education short"

There's so much wrong with that statement I don't even know where to start.

seeker Sun 19-May-13 09:51:23

And people were being really funny, too.sad

Aah the "educating" bollocks.

Dawndonna Sun 19-May-13 10:29:50

Sat firmly in your corner, Seeker

LadyBeagleEyes Sun 19-May-13 10:35:34

I didn't notice it was gone Seeker confused
You should post on site stuff.
I think both should stay though, a lot of people pointed out to the Op of the original what an ignorant thread it was.
Your's must have been reported, I do wonder who reports things like that, did they miss the irony?

WhoWhatWhereWhen Sun 19-May-13 10:39:02

Can someone link the original thread please?

Buzzardbird Sun 19-May-13 11:43:01

Do I have to say it again? READ THE FRICKIN THREAD! AAAARRRGHHH!

PodgyTumWellies Sun 19-May-13 11:44:51

marking place in case this is deleted too. [I love deletion messages].

did not read either thread though, sorry seeker

seeker Sun 19-May-13 11:55:56

It will be deleted if someone reports it..

<prepares Paddington Hard Stare and Sherlock Holmes magnifying glass>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now