to be pissed off with ex on behalf of my dc

(27 Posts)
worley Sat 11-May-13 23:30:18

ok.. sorry this may be longish.. not sure wether to post on here, lone parents or step parents?! so choose here..

Ex dp collects ds from school twice a week and has him for 1 hour 45 mins each time. he does not have dc overnight or weekends. pick up is his only time he will have dc. ds has adhd and has been through 3 childminders within 18 months as they were unable to cope with his hyperactivity.
ex and i both work full time. he pays no maintenance (Long story sad ) i pick up once a week and my mum picks up twice a week also (as well as working)
it is ex birthday this weekend, he was meant to be having tea with the dc to give them time to see him and g

Oldraver Sun 12-May-13 12:28:33

Good God...this man is looking after vunerable children when he cant even care for his own properly ?

CSA straight away, you can do it online. He is using the I wont do pick ups (as he knows its a 'weak' area for you and messes you about) to get out of paying maintenence but goes and messes you and the DC's about anyway.

worley Sun 12-May-13 17:45:57

yes he works with vulnerable children in a residential home. problem is he goes out of his way for them and not his own.
ive tried the not letting him get away with it bit but after i ran out of childminding options i was stuck. there is no after school club and my parents help as much as they can but also work. i have no mil or fil as theyve both died so ex is the only one of his family here. so i am stuck between a rock and a hard place. i asked to reduce hours at work and was allowed one afternoon a week sad my boss has no children and although were nhs we get no sympathy for having to take emergency leave for sick children or childcare issues so i am stuck with work.

his gf is 10 yrs younger than us and i have never spoke in person to her( she messaged me on fb when he took an overdose a few years ago - her and another work colleague found him. he was diagnosed as bi polar disorder after this but he refuses medication) i feel like im drip feeding but i dont mean to.

thankyou all for replying. i needed to vent and you all listened.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now