Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

Green skin man touched bread in supermarket

(62 Posts)
Lecx Sat 06-Apr-13 12:53:53

At the supermarket I saw a man with a greenish complexion in the bakery department. He also has a hospital patient band on. He touched some bread in one of the open bread baskets.

Should I have told someone? I didn't as I didn't think it was my business and would be rude but I would t want to eat that bread.

babybarrister Colombia Sat 06-Apr-13 22:48:46

This is brilliantgrin

coffeeinbed Sat 06-Apr-13 19:44:20

Beta Blockers can give you green skin.

Maybe he was a hungry extra from some Zombie film/tv series. They're so common now that wherever you are in the uk, a zombie flick/tv show is being made within a 20 miles radius...

complexnumber Sat 06-Apr-13 19:42:42

OMW...I'm not trying to imply that the JGG is in any way anything other than what you would expect from a large green man.

complexnumber Sat 06-Apr-13 19:40:21

"what ever you do dont make him angry, you wouldn't like him when he's angry"

Unless he really is the Jolly Green Giant, in which case it is a major melt down ...loads of tissues and emotional support.

Mouseyinmyhousey Sat 06-Apr-13 19:30:35

This has really made me laugh on a bad day, thanks.

WhoWhatWhereWhen Sat 06-Apr-13 18:56:54

what ever you do dont make him angry, you wouldn't like him when he's angry

complexnumber Sat 06-Apr-13 18:49:08

So, what sort of disposition did he have?

Did he appear quite cheery and generally pleased with life?
In which case I think you have spotted the Jolly Green Giant.

If, however he seemed somewhat distressed by matters, then I think you have, indeed, come across the Incredible Hulk.

I think the existance of a hospital wrist band on either would be quite appropriate.

If he was particularly small, he was probably a poisonous dwarf.

crashdoll Sat 06-Apr-13 18:24:17

I came here to post that it's not easy being green but I got beaten to it.
Must spend less time on mumsnet!

VerySmallSqueak Sat 06-Apr-13 18:20:23

In truth it'd put me off if I saw anyone touch the bread (especially Viva 's bogey fingers man...bleurgh)

But everyone who buys uncovered bread like that pays their money and takes their chances.

Chockyeggpants Sat 06-Apr-13 18:15:07

It wouldn't be Waitrose....

Chockyeggpants Sat 06-Apr-13 18:14:44

Morrisons or Asda??

LeeCoakley Sat 06-Apr-13 17:52:34

Was it tiger bread he was touching? The scabs on top are supposed to be there so don't worry.

GrowSomeCress Sat 06-Apr-13 17:31:33

I feel sorry for the man but seriously the title of this thread is hilarious

Mandy2003 Sat 06-Apr-13 16:37:56

Are you sure he didn't just overdo it with the fake tan? I have seen some green people from that.

Baabaapinksheep Sat 06-Apr-13 15:18:35

Yes you should have told somebody...

Mulder and Scully.

*lick hmm

WHERE WAS IT!!!? shock

(I don't want to go to work tomorrow so may go and have a lcik of those rolls) grin

RobbinyoureastereggsSparkles Sat 06-Apr-13 15:11:41

The thread title reads like a headline of the Daily Bugle!

ComposHat Belgium Sat 06-Apr-13 15:03:21

Sharon is that you? We re you in there to buy more wine and a can of raid to deal with the wasps?

FunnyLittleFrog Sat 06-Apr-13 14:47:22

Best thread title of the day. grin

Did you mean to make your thread title sound like a headline from a tabloid newspaper?

Silverlace Sat 06-Apr-13 14:12:41

I can beat you on green skinned people and snotty children in supermarkets. I saw a robin in the bread aisle of Tesco this morning. It flew over my head and perched on top of a stack of plastic bread trays.

I did wonder what would happen when it spotted the freshly baked bread section and all those seeded rolls, I have seen the mess they make on my bird table!

Lecx Sat 06-Apr-13 13:33:13

Yes I felt sorry for him, which is why I did nothing as I didn't want to hurt his feelings. But I was worried as he did look very unwell, I have never seem anyone that colour before.

You have all put me off those bread baskets now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now