Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to think sis is out of order?

(77 Posts)
appletarts Fri 29-Mar-13 19:07:11

I left dd (3yrs old) with sister all day and she was recovering from being ill, dd that is. She has only spent time alone with sis once before and not all day. Just as I was leaving sister said she hoped I wouldn't be phoning a lot, I said I would phone as much as I felt I needed to and she said that if I did she didn't want to look after dd (all this with dd standing there!). I said I would phone if I felt I needed to because I am her mother and she said laughing oh well I won't answer it then!! She also went on and on about taking dd to library when dd was still a bit ill.

The next day dd said that sis didn't cuddle her when she cried. I thought it sounded a bit odd but sis can also be very frosty. So I asked sis what dd had said and sis said she did cuddle her and she thinks in future we ought to pay a nanny as I am "suspicious and anxious" and she can't just get on with enjoying babysitting. I honestly thought she'd say of course she had cuddled her and we'd have a giggle about dd being a bit of a minx. I didn't feel suspicious and anxious but want to feel I can call to see how they are doing and if dd tells me something has happened I will ask cos that's what a good mother does surely?!

She has only babysat for dd a couple of times in 3 years. She plays lots of mind games with us and I think her responses here are odd to say the least.

pinkyredrose Sun 31-Mar-13 11:21:30

OP is busy reading the Daily Mail and stroking her chin.

Bat. Shit. Crazy.

olivertheoctopus Sat 30-Mar-13 23:49:37

All sounds odd. I wouldn't leave my child with someone I didn't trust and if I did trust them I wouldn't keep phoning up. I think you both sound as bad as each other, sorry.

Sunnywithshowers Sat 30-Mar-13 21:23:07

So now she's an anti-semite? Anything else you want to drip feed? Hairy upper lip, meths drinker? biscuit

HildaOgden Sat 30-Mar-13 21:21:40

I know you say your sister is 'odd'.....but to honest,your last post didn't make you seem too great yourself.

SummerInSicilia Sat 30-Mar-13 20:21:09

OP, why do you think it's ok to make your sister feel so undervalued? She loves you, and your DC, and has tried to help you out. She will feel like shit now. Unfair and hurtful.

SneakyNinja Sat 30-Mar-13 20:05:58

Obviously what I meant to say was hmm

SneakyNinja Sat 30-Mar-13 20:04:50

Are you ok OP? >buhmm<

Think I'll watch this one it looks...interesting.
(quickly checks calendar to see if it's half term)

I'm surprised your sister agreed to babysit when this is the way you act

crashdoll Sat 30-Mar-13 19:55:12

You're treating her like an employee! She's your sister. You sound a right PITA and I don't know why you bothered posting but you obviously do not think YABU. These threads are so boring when OPs only want validating and then get irrate when not everyone agrees with their POV.

moonabove Sat 30-Mar-13 19:46:07

On behalf of your sister - please don't ask her for another favour.

SawyerHuckleberry Sat 30-Mar-13 19:45:19

You sound severely unhinged.

I hope your children do not take after their mother.

MiaowTheCat Sat 30-Mar-13 19:33:57

Good god.

Don't leave your child with someone you don't trust and don't even seem to like - it's simple.

You sound pretty difficult to deal with yourself to be honest and I would have told you to find someone else in future if you'd gone on like that towards me.

AllOverIt Sat 30-Mar-13 19:30:57

You sound a bit mad

UnChartered Sat 30-Mar-13 19:23:25

how lovely of you

free childcare and your sister is a bitch hmm

appletarts Sat 30-Mar-13 19:22:00

Oh well I suppose I'm one of those people who asks aibu and then decides they know best. I'm not unreasonable, sis is a bitch and won't be asking the uptight anti-Semitic, point-scoring witch for another favour, that felt great! I AM RIGHT I AM RIGHT HA HA HA HA, such fun!

AllOverIt Sat 30-Mar-13 19:20:32

Why ask if you are being unreasonable and then get pissy when the general consensus is yes!

I think you sound a bit OTT. I wouldn't babysit for you if it was me. A simple text to say 'on our way' is fine.

SawyerHuckleberry Sat 30-Mar-13 19:14:55

Also yesterday was Good Friday therefore I'm guessing the majority of your lovely friends would have had the day off work. Some would also have children off from school.

But you still chose your frosty sister?

Odd choice to make.

cjel Sat 30-Mar-13 19:05:37

Yes and 'sitter should follow instructions' But I wasn't checking in reallyyyyyy!!

TheEasterQODdy Sat 30-Mar-13 19:02:07

Aibu?

Yes
Yes
Repeat ad infinitum

No I'm not ....

moonabove Sat 30-Mar-13 18:53:49

So your sis is 'capable and kind'. That is good, you can trust her to look after your child.

She is also 'very unaffectionate and physically frosty'. Sounds very negative but, taking that at face value, if you know that she is like that why are you surprised that she didn't cuddle dd? Why did you feel the need to verify what your dd had told you?

She's right you know, it does sound 'suspicious and anxious' and very ungrateful for a valuable favour.

SawyerHuckleberry Sat 30-Mar-13 18:47:58

I will stick in future to the lovely friends I have who sit for us and answer the phone happily and follow mums instructions

Whilst rolling their eyes and giving your child another pombear.

You sound like a nightmare to babysit for. Your sister was doing you a favour - either show some appreciation or ask someone else.

Lottashakingoinon Sat 30-Mar-13 18:45:26

Okay, sorry I've just clicked that you were with a child in hospital. I guess that is as good a reason as any.

But that is some spectacular drip feeding!

Lottashakingoinon Sat 30-Mar-13 18:43:44

You left a sick 3 year old child and went 100s of miles away?????????????????

Posterofapombear Sat 30-Mar-13 18:40:03

AIBU?
Yes!
No I'm not you are all wrong!
Love these threads.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now