Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To think my friends DH has moved on since her death a bit quickly?

(229 Posts)
goingupinfumes Fri 22-Mar-13 13:03:43

My very good friend died suddenly 5 months ago and has left behind two very young DD and her hubbie, he's already formed a new close relationship - I feel a bit like "it's none of my business" but at the same time I feel a bit hmm.

I would never ever say anything but I wondered if anyone who has been in this awful situation could help me to feel a bit more balanced and calm about what I feel is disrespectful to my lovely lost friend.

SatsukiKusukabe Mon 25-Mar-13 16:39:27

I think it's too soon for the children, but it's really up to the adult when they choose to get in to a new relationship

digerd Tue 26-Mar-13 21:25:00

We all know what a man's main need is - sex!
I did meet a man who had been widowed 4 years at 45, and he admitted to me it was the loneliness he couldn't bear.
Another man was in his 60s when his wife died. He never wanted another woman and lived on his own for 25 years until he died aged 89.

digerd Tue 26-Mar-13 21:26:29

ps
The latter was my DB's FIL.

lainiekazan Wed 27-Mar-13 09:36:33

Re people "hovering" there is a well-known practice in Florida of ladies turning up with casseroles for bereaved gentlemen - especially ones with cars!

Perhaps this is something particular to the older generation, though. Hopefully the under 70s do not need a man to drive the car or a woman to wash underpants and put a stew on the table.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now