Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To be really pissed off that when I google goldilocks or little red riding hood costumes I am inundated with big boobs with short skirts

(76 Posts)
Fakebook Mon 04-Mar-13 12:14:55

I am looking at costumes for dd for WBD and am getting increasingly pissed off at why children's female book characters are being sexualised for adult costumes.

If you press on images and google "Cinderella costume" the third pic is of a woman wearing a half boob tube corset type thing with a tiny sliver of a skirt and netted tights. If you google "goldilocks costume" you get a woman with a low cut corset type dress and white stockings.

This has really pissed me off. I'm looking for a costume for my five year old ffs. Why are children's characters being sexualised in this way? Who the hell likes this shit and who buys it?

Growlithe Thu 07-Mar-13 21:22:46

Sexy Sherlock Holmes. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now