To get annoyed at DH for buying me flowers

(152 Posts)
BimbaBirba Wed 13-Feb-13 21:04:03

For Valentine's... Yes one day early!
Annoyed because he dumps them on me and I need to unwrap them, get a vase, dispose of all the wrapping, cut the stems and place them
in water then clear up the mess from leaves and other bits that fall on the floor.
What a faff! I just wish he'd buy me chocolates instead!

Sidge Wed 13-Feb-13 21:06:37

My heart bleeds for you.

Not.

ThisIsMummyPig Wed 13-Feb-13 21:07:13

Well if he bought them tomorrow you wouldn't have them when you woke up. My DH leaves them in the car, but they might get a bit cold tonight.

TBF He only buys them for my birthday now, valentines is a non-event in our house.

Ilovesunflowers Wed 13-Feb-13 21:07:28

How bloody ungrateful. Not funny even if you are joking. Poor bloody guy.

lastSplash Wed 13-Feb-13 21:08:18

Say "they're beautiful, thank you. Please can you put them in a vase in the living room?" and let him sort it all out...

I would say YABU purely on the strength of the OP but (1) I hate the flower-pushing at exorbitant rates that goes on around valentines; and (2) suspect it is not a very ethical / environmentally sound business so YANBU.

XBenedict Wed 13-Feb-13 21:08:19

Really? How lovely he bought you flowers!

KnittedCharacter Wed 13-Feb-13 21:08:24

How very ungrateful!!!!!

gordyslovesheep Wed 13-Feb-13 21:08:43

bet your diamond shoes are too tight as well OP

MrsBW Wed 13-Feb-13 21:08:45

What Ilovesunflwers said.

BluelightsAndSirens Wed 13-Feb-13 21:09:04

Ltb

mynewpassion Wed 13-Feb-13 21:09:18

Show off.

LadyWidmerpool Wed 13-Feb-13 21:10:13

That's why my husband hasn't bought me flowers in ten years - to save me a trip to the kitchen! What a guy grin

usualsuspect Wed 13-Feb-13 21:10:15

YABU, I love getting flowers.

You sound like a right misery guts.

BimbaBirba Wed 13-Feb-13 21:10:18

I'm being an ungrateful bitch aren't I? I just don't see the point of them, just the faff

McNewPants2013 Wed 13-Feb-13 21:10:55

Have awful for you

KnittedCharacter Wed 13-Feb-13 21:11:49

Did u thank him bimba? what have u bought him for valentines?

usualsuspect Wed 13-Feb-13 21:12:08

Must be awful, having a husband who buys you flowers.

Is he usually so controlling?

BimbaBirba Wed 13-Feb-13 21:14:17

He buys me flowers at least 5 times a year, the bastard.
I got him chocolates and a card
<smug>

I don't really like cut flowers. DH knows this. This week he heard me reminiscing about yellow Bic biros and bought me two boxes. That's love.

I get it, OP. It isn't the gift, it is what it represents. He panicked on the way home, grabbed flowers, and thought "that'll do" without actually thinking what you like. And his responsibility for the gift ends when he dumps it in your lap.

SoWhatIfImWorkingClass Wed 13-Feb-13 21:15:15

Poor guy.

gordy grin

My DH bought me a bottle of Sancerre instead of a bunch of 'shitty overpriced flowers you'd have to fanny around with for 10 mins'. That's why he's lovely. (Reminds me to update my dh is a cock thread from earlier this week).

So YANBU wine wins

YABU - the faff is part of the fun. You can look at them and think how lovely they are as you arrange them

and what usual said ^^

DizzyHoneyBee Wed 13-Feb-13 21:15:39

YABU. People who have lost their husbands due to bereavement would jump at the chance for flowers. Start appreciating what you have and stop being so ungrateful.

BimbaBirba Wed 13-Feb-13 21:16:02

Exactly Horatia. He could take some responsibility for the gift too!

GirlOutNumbered Wed 13-Feb-13 21:17:05

urgh. I hate Valentines Day.
Watching all the men in Tesco today buying cheap tat and cards.

Does anyone really need a day to say I love you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now