To be annoyed with this couple

(229 Posts)
Ponderingonaquandry Thu 07-Feb-13 13:42:39

Hope I don't out myself here, going to have to be vague!

I know (I won't say friends as that's over egging it a bit) a couple who have a young, school age, family. Neither parent works, fine, job market is utterly shit at the moment so totally understandable. Both are complaining they are broke and will be more so when the benefit reforms come in and how unfair it is on them. So my dp comes up with a good solution to solve their problems and his workload, he offers the dad a job, reasonable pay, not great, but a foot on the ladder, and helps both parties out. So we were a bit shocked when the dad turns it down saying he's needed at home 'in case of an emergency'. My jaw hit the floor.

Neither parent has a disability nor do the children.

Thankfully my brother had a friend in a similar situation who snapped the job up so dp's stress levels are alleviated a bit, but still. Not the point.

AIBU to be annoyed with them over this?

earlierintheweek Thu 07-Feb-13 22:06:09

I know but you can get more than a mug. it's amazing. i want it so much.

Booyhoo Thu 07-Feb-13 22:04:59

it's a good mug.

earlierintheweek Thu 07-Feb-13 22:03:29

What Booyhoo said. Since she's my groupie and wants my mug.

Booyhoo Thu 07-Feb-13 22:02:19

that's the whole point though cheerful, OP doesn't know what their personal situation is. so why get annoyed when you dont know the background?

CheerfulYank Thu 07-Feb-13 21:59:30

I am NOT a benefit basher by any stretch of the imagination...I've used services when I've needed them.

And he may, or one of the family may, very well have an unseen disability.

If he doesn't, you are right to be annoyed. But I was raised to believe that (especially when you have children), you take any job going. Even if it's crap. You just make the best of it and keep looking for something better.

Booyhoo Thu 07-Feb-13 21:58:31

erm, but it's not the same. the dictionary says so.

an unseen disability is one that exists but that you can't see

an unforseen disability is one that will occur in the future but that nobody knows is going to occur.

earlierintheweek Thu 07-Feb-13 21:54:51

Spam - if that's the case, I would respectfully suggest you visit a dictionary sometime soon.

Spamspamspam Thu 07-Feb-13 21:53:51

Unforeseen/unseen

I see it as one in the same. . .depending on the circumstances

Right, I'm off to do something else for a bit, country try not to post anything delete worthy. And if you do, rest assured I'm not reporting it, even if I was around to see it.

Personally I find it highly amusing that I could have got under anyone's skin quite so much.

I got it, Booyhoo. grin

Booyhoo Thu 07-Feb-13 21:40:28

oh and i havent reported anything either.

earlierintheweek Thu 07-Feb-13 21:40:15

grin just grin

I have started a thread in chat to show off the wonderousness that is The Mug.

Booyhoo Thu 07-Feb-13 21:37:25

spam re read my post.

Spamspamspam Thu 07-Feb-13 21:35:44

Booyoo - I am fascinated, and really intrigued as to why you see 1 x 10 year old child as a reason not to work for 11 years blushshockconfused

Why on earth would one child render both parents unable to work?

Please enlighten me.

You didn't read my post where I said I'd never seen it then? I know it's just a little thing, but reading the thread can really help you to not look a bit daft.

earlierintheweek Thu 07-Feb-13 21:31:02

Why would you assume it was Murder? (I didn't report it before you jump down my throat).

countrykitten Thu 07-Feb-13 21:29:39

So someone reported it? MoGs I presume. Oh you sensitive little thing you! Happy to dish it but can't take it?

Ponderingonaquandry Thu 07-Feb-13 21:26:38

Fire in the hole!

"Cunt punting. The new sport."

Hahaha!

Anyway, seriously, I think you are right to just avoid them. No point spending time with people who you don't get on with.

Booyhoo Thu 07-Feb-13 21:25:35

or aiming cunts at specific things. that can be dangerous.

Snazzynewyear Thu 07-Feb-13 21:24:55

I don't blame you OP, you're not obliged to listen to people's moaning.

Ponderingonaquandry Thu 07-Feb-13 21:24:24

Could be worse you could be taking a punt at a random cunt

Cunt punting. The new sport.

earlierintheweek Thu 07-Feb-13 21:24:10

especially specific cliques of groupie cunts Booyhoo. They are the absolute worst kind.

Booyhoo Thu 07-Feb-13 21:23:22

specific cunts are the worst kind

earlierintheweek Thu 07-Feb-13 21:21:56

I like my explanation better <huffs> grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now