Hey Fatty Bum Bum :(

(80 Posts)
ElectricSoftParade Fri 11-Jan-13 10:38:06

Two Greek Gods chaps working on a house I pass on the school run sang this out to me this morning.

AIBU to hope their willies drop off during this cold spell?

At least my fat arse will help keep me warm <clutches at straws>.

Longdistance Fri 11-Jan-13 10:53:14

Or a simple 'oh do fuck off' might suffice.

MrsKeithRichards Fri 11-Jan-13 10:55:57

I agree with worra it's really not on you should call if there are any numbers on vans etc.

justmyview Fri 11-Jan-13 10:56:23

If other people were passing at the same time, maybe you could send an email to the building firm - "As I was walking along, 2 of your employees shouted abuse at the woman in front of me. I was shocked. Your firm had previously been recommended to me and I had intended to ask you to quote for an extension to our house. I think you should know that I have decided to go elsewhere due to the comments made by your staff. You may wish to speak with them about it, in case you are losing other business due to their attitude"

You'll never know the outcome, but it's important their boss should know what they're like. In a recession, work is hard to come by and he'll be angry if he thinks his staff could be deterring potential customers

manicbmc Fri 11-Jan-13 10:57:18

Don't say anything. Just dangle your little finger at them in a 'you have a small knob and can only engage with women by being a twat' way.

idococktailshedoesbeer Fri 11-Jan-13 10:57:18

If you have to walk past these wankers regularly definitely call their company. Why should you have to stand for it? My friend did this when the men working on her office building repeatedly harrassed her. They were pulled off the job.

Kormachameleon Fri 11-Jan-13 10:59:27

The correct response to the who let the dogs out is

" I don't know but if you tell me where you came from ill walk you back"

DoItToJulia Fri 11-Jan-13 10:59:30
minouminou Fri 11-Jan-13 11:00:20

Another good trick is to very obviously take a photo of the van and then carry on walking.

inde Fri 11-Jan-13 11:05:12

I can't understand what motivates some people to make others feel bad. Definitely complain. If they are doing it to you they are belittling other women as well.

Arthurfowlersallotment Fri 11-Jan-13 11:17:55

I agree with the poster who said report them. If you can see a site sign anywhere then phone the number on it. It's harassment and its unacceptable.

Nancy66 Fri 11-Jan-13 11:27:40

Personally I am always devastated when some Neanderthal knuckle-dragger with the IQ of plankton lets it be known that he wouldn't 'do me.'

Yet, somehow, I have always managed to pull myself together and carry on despite this crushing blow.

TranceDaemon Fri 11-Jan-13 11:29:19

I would take a photo of the van, report them AND wiggle your little finger at them. Twats.

CastingNasturtiums Fri 11-Jan-13 11:30:47

grin Nancy

OP yanbu to hope their no doubt tiny willies drop off.

Nancy66, you made me LOL, you sound just like Mrs Mills!

OP, you could always do the "who let the knobs out" next time you go by, ( love it ICBNEG)

OwlLady Fri 11-Jan-13 11:39:14

god I can't stand workmen like that sad

Fakebook Fri 11-Jan-13 11:40:50

Okay, you know they were stupid arses. I'd find out what company they were working for and phone up and lodge a complaint and threaten to give them bad press in the local newspaper if they don't send you a written apology.

I had this. My dads a builder (not an arsehole, abuse shouting type) and he was working near my home. I said ill bring him something to eat down.

I got to the building site and some sick head starting whistling and shouting "get ya tits out"

I told him to tell his boss I'm here and to ask him if I'm allowed.

He shouted to his boss thinking he was clever. The boss shouted "Shut your mouth dick head that's my daughter" grin The arsehole didn't know where to put his face. I just waved and said did the boss say no?

Not all builders are cunts but some are.

Amytheflag Fri 11-Jan-13 11:47:17

They sound like twats. And must be pretty sad to get a kick out of putting people down. I was on a train once sitting next to a random guy I'd never met. Two men walked down the aisle and pointed at me, laughed and said "don't fancy yours much mate!" to the random guy. Mortifying sad

Fenton Fri 11-Jan-13 11:47:47

I haven't heard anyone sing 'Hey Fattie Bum Bum' for about 30 years shock

yes, I mean you, Brother

I would have thought this sort of behavior is quite unusual these days isn't it?

Do what Worra says, report them if they work for a firm, - or if they've got 'Check A Trade' on their van - drop them a line too smile

And NO they are NOT all like that at all.

Lafaminute Fri 11-Jan-13 11:50:04

Approaching some builders yesterday I had myself all psyched up to cope with any remarks with a cold stare and a "What did you say??? Why would you say that? etc" luckilythey didn't open their mouths but it is nerve wracking - not least because in actual fact I probably would have slunk away in tears [bluch]. Bear in mind that they said this purely to make each other laugh and not because they wanted to make you cry (I hope)

On the other hand my dh loves telling me that I've got a bum like J-Lo.....oops I mean JELLO.....thank goodness for my complete lack of sensitivity hmm

Lafaminute Fri 11-Jan-13 11:51:03

and that would have been blush rather than me bluching....

StuntGirl Fri 11-Jan-13 11:53:58

I would definitely look for a company name and report. It's absolutely disgusting. They're still at work, even if being a builder somehow makes them feel invincible hmm Can you imagine someone working in a shop shouting that to a random passerby?

Naysa Fri 11-Jan-13 12:54:55

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

FreePeaceSweet Fri 11-Jan-13 13:16:03

Another good trick is to very obviously take a photo of the van and then carry on walking.

I have done this. I was shouted at every time I took the kids to school. When they wouldn't shut the fuck up I did the above. They never said another word. In fact they went positively silent when I passed grin

FreePeaceSweet Fri 11-Jan-13 13:21:49

If it were my employees behaving in this way I'd want to know. They were obviously not doing the work set, being disruptive, making a bad name of my firm and causing bad feeling. I'd want rid of the dead wood and to employ people willing to do as they are paid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now