To be unnerved about this man....

(155 Posts)
Everythingwillbeok Mon 07-Jan-13 15:33:31

One of my neighbours who I only know in passing has started cooking for me,I am not elderly nor do I live alone.
I am married and have 2 DC.Its not full meals or anything like that just samosas,onion basis things like that.
Initially I was very grateful and just assumed they were for all of us to share and perhaps he was lonely.

He is about 45 and very friendly,he does live alone with no children that I know of,but recently he has been dropping off food and commenting its only for me and has been very flirty and is constantly saying I am beautiful.I am now not eating the food anymore it just doesn't feel right. This only happens about once a month by the way it's not as if he cooking stuff every night.

Also he pushed a Christmas card through a couple of weeks ago which had all our names in spelt correctly including our DCs. Didn't know he knew their names.

It's all really come to a head now as I saw him last night in the street and he was again very flirty and telling me I'm beautiful. I felt so uneasy,bearing in mind he has never touched me or tried to enter the house AIBU?I don't know what I think will happen but it just feels inappropriate somehow. My DH hasn't really said much about the situation and is mildly amused although he doesn't know I saw him last night.

He seems like a very nice man but I'm worried for some reason.

Callycat Sun 27-Jan-13 13:58:26

Holla: I know what you meant, my British Indian bf calls his 'Indian Indian' friend "brown boy" as part of laddish piss-talking. I wouldn't use it myself but it is a common in-joke in some circles.

Everythingwillbeok Sun 27-Jan-13 17:27:33

Hi guys thanks for all your responses and advice. I'm not on fb thank god as I suspect he would be looking me up on there. I've actually not seem him around for about ten days as the snow has kept everyone inside where we live.But then last night im putting something I the bin and I heard him call me through the bushes! I shouted you frightened me to death and he was laughing.

But as I was startled I was annoyed, I turned to walk back in and he shouts you like vodka? I said no not really- lie. Then he shouts come and have one with me......I said no I will not, and slammed the door. I hope he has got the message now as normally I chat with him as I don't want to be rude.So ill see what he is like next time I see him. Some if the responses on here have had me in stitches,but some have made me feel sick!

enjoyinglife Sun 27-Jan-13 18:13:18

I'd keep up the chilly attitude with him. If I doesn't work then it will at least be in a better position to call him on it.

AmberLeaf Sun 27-Jan-13 18:37:00

Sounds like a real creep.

The sort that takes politeness as 'I want to have sex with you'

You say you dont want to be rude, but with men like this one that is exactly what you need to do, tell him to fuck off, you'll soon see what hes really about when you do, he'll prob give you a few choice misogynistic words back.

That, or tell your husband to have a word with him.

Latara Sun 27-Jan-13 19:12:41

OMG are you sure he's not my dodgy neighbour too??

Except my dodgy neighbour is married (i'm not) & he has never offered food, only coffee (and i don't think it was just coffee IYKWIM).

Luckily my neighbour has recently been more 'normal' (he has a drink problem) & not bothered me for a few months. He's also scared of my dad, who visits my house quite often luckily.

I think it's annoying that your DH thinks it's 'amusing' - my dad found it funny, too. VERY annoying when one word from my dad would have scared off the dodgy neighbour months earlier.

You need to tell your DH it's time to get protective & get rid of this nuisance neighbour before you have stalker problems.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now