To totally see Baby's Dad's point in Dirty Dancing?

(134 Posts)
Verycold Thu 27-Dec-12 22:50:28

I so am getting old...

CrispyHedgeHogmanay Sat 29-Dec-12 12:59:34

ahh yes.. that deleted scene.. they used my sex life as inspiration for it grin

wanders off clutching her aching back

almapudden Sat 29-Dec-12 10:30:55

Oh my. That deleted scene...I've come over all disapproving queer.

Brilliant OhMer. grin Have you shown her the deleted scene?

OhMerGerd Sat 29-Dec-12 04:37:58

Watched this with DD 16 the other night and the only thought running through my head during all the 'good' bits was ... " I hope this isn't giving her any ideas!!!' ... When she rather dreamily asked me who PS looked a bit like and I realised by her coy glances at her mobile phone that she meant her gym obsessed boyfriend (very slight and fleeting resemblence at certain angles) I slightly panicked and said ... ' erm the guy who plays kenickie in grease...' She squinted a bit at screen then gave me a suspicious look before saying she fancied some dancing lessons.... (tbf she has been saying throughout Strictly too) so I said she could come to Zumba with me ... which obviously was not what she had in mind .... and here's the killer .... my only comment during the final scene was ...'Imagine if you tried that at the school 'disco' ... which I followed with a falsely jolly little laugh and a nochalent 'any one fancy a cuppa? '. DH who had had wry smile throughout rolled his eyes and gave me the 'you've turned into your mother look' ... Lol ... Yep officially an oldie now.

sasamaxx Fri 28-Dec-12 22:05:21
sasamaxx Fri 28-Dec-12 22:02:45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxo6F6rJv7E

sasamaxx Fri 28-Dec-12 22:01:02

Get it watched, people!
You will NOT regret it!

Tee2072Thing Fri 28-Dec-12 21:50:45

My god an 80s film I've never heard of!

On LoveFilm list now!

sasamaxx Fri 28-Dec-12 21:48:11

LOL chubfuddler that's the one - I am always amazed at how few people have seen such an amazing film

ChristmasIsForPlutocrats Fri 28-Dec-12 21:31:27

Speaking of the shattering of teenaged idolatry, what about Patrick Swayze's future, playing a paedophile in Donnie Darko?!

Chubfuddler Fri 28-Dec-12 21:08:26

I've just Wiki'ed it.

Anthony Edwards is in it? As in goose in top gun? How don't I know about this film? I believe I may be the only teenage girl ever to fast forward top gun to get to goose bits.

RedTinsel Fri 28-Dec-12 21:06:51

Say Anything was on and I've missed it sad

In DD I don't think Johnny was supposed to be in his 30's, I thought he was supposed to be just a couple of years older.

I love 80's films, the Sure thing is brilliant. I love John Cusack.

NiniLegsInTheAir Fri 28-Dec-12 21:02:21

That deleted scene from DD annoys me. All that lovely slow dry humpy stuff and then they switch to good ol' missionary at the end? Talk about anti-climax. wink

Personally, I'd love to have Baby's dad as my own - wish mine would have given me £250 just for 'asking'. sad

sasamaxx Fri 28-Dec-12 20:59:28

you must all now watch thus film - I challenge anyone not to love it. you will be sooooooo in love with him by the end. it is also witty and clever and really funny. oh and it has her out of desperate housewives in it too

Chubfuddler Fri 28-Dec-12 20:56:38

Did someone say John cusack? My klaxon just went off

Oh mamma.

I may have to investigate sasa. DH's is 'Some Kind of Wonderful' and I don't think I have seen that either.

sasamaxx Fri 28-Dec-12 20:55:12

omg sparkling it is so woefully underseen. no idea why. john cusack is beautiful in it

Me and DH used to have 'soup night' Schnapps. grin

sasa I have never seen that. shock Better than St Elmo's Fire, and About Last Night and Pretty In Pink? shock

sasamaxx Fri 28-Dec-12 20:52:07

arrrgghhh sorry about the ridic autocorrect/typo disaster above.
'the sure thing' must be one of the beat 80s teen movies.

SchnappsDamnYou Fri 28-Dec-12 20:50:38

'Two nights a week I cook. Two nights a week he cooks.

Two nights we go out. And then there's sandwich night.'

'I bet your sex life is a real thrill.

Two nights a week you're on top. Two nights a week he's on top.

So what is it you do on sandwich night?'

Lol Joan

sasamaxx Fri 28-Dec-12 20:49:24

I see all the teen 80s movies Nd raise you 'the sure thing' - defo the best f them all I.think

Danny was gorgeous. He is the benchmark I keep for gorgeous men. Rob Lowe circa 1985. wink

SchnappsDamnYou Fri 28-Dec-12 20:46:31

But Danny needed to grow up and start a diner and be an adult instead of a shagging salesman with no self respect or respect for women.

I blame Bernie for Danny being a twat.
Although he came good in the end and stopped fighting the inevitable.
Danny being a stalker in the rain was very 24 year old behaviour.

Watched it again, I now know the secrets to a long marriage grin

SchnappsDamnYou Fri 28-Dec-12 20:44:15

Tis is my room mate Joan. She specializes in unsolicited attacks. smile

I love Joan. Although her clothes are about 40 years too old for her. That night gown,my God.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now