To totally see Baby's Dad's point in Dirty Dancing?

(134 Posts)
Verycold Thu 27-Dec-12 22:50:28

I so am getting old...

sasamaxx Fri 28-Dec-12 21:48:11

LOL chubfuddler that's the one - I am always amazed at how few people have seen such an amazing film

Tee2072Thing Fri 28-Dec-12 21:50:45

My god an 80s film I've never heard of!

On LoveFilm list now!

sasamaxx Fri 28-Dec-12 22:01:02

Get it watched, people!
You will NOT regret it!

sasamaxx Fri 28-Dec-12 22:02:45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxo6F6rJv7E

sasamaxx Fri 28-Dec-12 22:05:21
OhMerGerd Sat 29-Dec-12 04:37:58

Watched this with DD 16 the other night and the only thought running through my head during all the 'good' bits was ... " I hope this isn't giving her any ideas!!!' ... When she rather dreamily asked me who PS looked a bit like and I realised by her coy glances at her mobile phone that she meant her gym obsessed boyfriend (very slight and fleeting resemblence at certain angles) I slightly panicked and said ... ' erm the guy who plays kenickie in grease...' She squinted a bit at screen then gave me a suspicious look before saying she fancied some dancing lessons.... (tbf she has been saying throughout Strictly too) so I said she could come to Zumba with me ... which obviously was not what she had in mind .... and here's the killer .... my only comment during the final scene was ...'Imagine if you tried that at the school 'disco' ... which I followed with a falsely jolly little laugh and a nochalent 'any one fancy a cuppa? '. DH who had had wry smile throughout rolled his eyes and gave me the 'you've turned into your mother look' ... Lol ... Yep officially an oldie now.

Sparklingbrook Sat 29-Dec-12 10:04:49

Brilliant OhMer. grin Have you shown her the deleted scene?

almapudden Sat 29-Dec-12 10:30:55

Oh my. That deleted scene...I've come over all disapproving queer.

CrispyHedgeHogmanay Sat 29-Dec-12 12:59:34

ahh yes.. that deleted scene.. they used my sex life as inspiration for it grin

wanders off clutching her aching back

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now