To think maybe we don't fit in?

(536 Posts)

I think I'm definitely an outsider on MN, my kids arent gifted, we aren't rich, dammit we both have the work, full time! we don't live in a castle, shopat waitrose and certainly don't eat this good ham that y'all talk about grin

Maybe I just go back under my rock?

Hey red welcome to our's a frivolous comment, rather Than an invite for phsycoanalysis...can I get you a glass of lambrini?

WeezyPeezy Sun 25-Nov-12 20:16:20

Ermmmm a bit....<chucks Asda bag in bin> and produces cheddar, pickled onion and pineapple on sticks!!grin

ohey Sun 25-Nov-12 20:17:28

I think the trouble is that those people with the strongest opinions are the ones who feel compelled to express them all the time. So, you'll get people saying "I HATE leather sofas. They are WRONG."

The rest of us couldn't care less about what sort of sofas other people have in their houses. However, we also can't be bothered to start threads or post about it. So, it appears that MNers detest leather sofas, when actually only a few do, but they just really like letting everyone know about it. A lot.

usualsuspect3 Sun 25-Nov-12 20:18:13

There are posters from all walks of life on MN.

<drinks fake Baileys>

Oh now ur talking!!!!! Let me pull up my fake leatheer chair lol

InNeedOfBrandy Sun 25-Nov-12 20:19:07

I have a council flat <beat that for making the benefit bashers froth!

It is horrible not having a garden, luckily when dd is 10 (almost 3 more years) They will place me in a 3bed house. grin <get them frothing again

elah11 Sun 25-Nov-12 20:19:39

Can I join? I am so out of the loop that I dont even know what is MN acceptable and what isnt (ok I dont really care either smile ) . Most days I wear trackie bottoms or jeans and a tee shirt, I hate dressing up. I shop in Penneys (the Irish eq of Primark) and dont own a single piece of designer, or even expensive, clothing and that suits me perfectly fine lol. I am currently sitting on a leather sofa which has seen better days and for tea this evening my lot had toast, although to be fair thats because we had dinner in MILs today and we were all stuffed.!

Id love tow start a thread saying AIBU to ABHORE leather chaise

InNeedOfBrandy Sun 25-Nov-12 20:19:50

Lidls fake bailys is the best I think its £4 a bottle to.

Welcome elah, can we interest you in some cheese?

I haven't tried lido baileys, I like bucks fizz lol

FellatioNelson Sun 25-Nov-12 20:21:38

Who lives in a castle? confused I think there are probably more people struggling financially on MN than affluent, well-off people. I think there are probably as many single parents as married/co-habiting ones. I think there are just as many (if not more) SAHMs as career women on MN, and thousands who do fairly basic local/part-time jobs as well. At least judging by the sheer amount of people on here all day eery day, I bloody well hope so.

Some people's DCs are very clever yes but LOADS seem to have SENs. I see as many people posting about shopping in Aldi as I do about Waitrose.

akaemmafrost Sun 25-Nov-12 20:21:48

I beat you all in The Ham Department, ds will only eat Bernard Matthews Turkey Ham <<proud>>.

I live in a HA flat.

I spend an absolute fortune on my dc at Christmas.

We go to McDonalds at least once a week.

I have been known to drive dd the 400 yards to school.

I am definitely not a MN fit, more netmums, but I hated it there so you're stuck with me I'm afraid smile.

sherzy Sun 25-Nov-12 20:22:59

Wow, wafer thin ham from asda for lunch at full time work tomorrow. Sitting on my leather settee watching Twilight on my 42 inch wall mounted plasma wearing my I heart PA t shirt. I have a feature wall (wallpapered) in my sitting room and bedroom.

I like to think I'm so wrong I'm right.

I do have pombears for dds packed lunch tomorrow, do I get kicked out of the outsiders club for that??

sherzy Sun 25-Nov-12 20:24:29

Waiting on dh coming in with my Bigmac as we speak and I will highlight that with a lol.

Marzipanface Sun 25-Nov-12 20:24:45

I have a leather sofa and chair and some oak furniture from NEXT.

It's ok though because my rug and lampshades are from John Lewis and Laura Ashley so am hoping that offsets the horror smile

Asda smart price chicken pieces are where it's at. DD eats it straight from the packet. It gets put in her lunchbox mixed with pasta and veg or even slices of fruit. It's very versatile!

I prefer to be stuck you you people, lol,

fellatio that may well be true, but from what I've seen there's an awful lot of people on here who appear to live in a fairytail, I'm sure these these ladies know what I'm talking about.

Also theres a difference between people who choose to work and people who have to work, I'd love to be a SAHM but unfortunately that means my kids would go without things like child laboured shoes and unhealthy cereals

Marzipanface Sun 25-Nov-12 20:27:24

Hang on. Lidl do a fake Baileys? What's it called?

Marzipan...I think you may be posher Than you think Chicken with slices of fruit? Maybe of could run some kind of seminar for us commoners? grin

ssd Sun 25-Nov-12 20:28:58

me too

dont have a cleaner, wouldnt be caught dead in waitrose or wholefuds, never go abroad, hate ham, kids dont eat veg, drink fizzy juice, love greggs, love rose wine, kids wear footie colours, dh footie mad (the horror!!) and lives for his team, never have dinner parties or friends to stay for long weekends (shudder), never buy organic (rip off)

theres loads more

Agent64 Sun 25-Nov-12 20:30:13

What is turkey ham? could be our treasurer???? Deffo a board member!!

InNeedOfBrandy Sun 25-Nov-12 20:31:10

Irish cream thingy marzi it's better then the iceland fake one to.

Lidls totes gonna see an increase in sales tomorrow!!!

ssd Sun 25-Nov-12 20:32:24

ha grin
poster girl for the outsiders!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now