to think there are certain words that should never come out of an adult's mouth?

(176 Posts)
GretaGip Thu 15-Nov-12 22:19:58

Mean.

'Snot fair

Bobbies

I'm sure there's more...

Marzipanface Fri 16-Nov-12 09:28:08

Oh dear. I say horrid and mean. I got the piss taken out of me the other day because I said 'ghastly'.

WorraLiberty Fri 16-Nov-12 09:30:41

Worra I have never heard anyone actually say hashtag but if I did I would probably die. It would be like a scene from The Ring

Someone said it on TV last night and my head spun round like a scene from the Exorcist grin

Yeah oh god!! simples!! used almost as a full stop.

"I went to the shop and bought some bread. simples"

what does that even mean?

IceBergJam Fri 16-Nov-12 09:38:36

Yep, born and bred in Suffolk. I fink my sister can't say 'th' too.

Mrsjay Fri 16-Nov-12 09:38:56

Whatever is the teenage expression of the week ...

It really doesn't mean you are "down with the kidz" because you try to talk like them

Innit

^ ^ this grown ups talking like da kidz over facebook please stop it grin

I use boobies sometimes especially if i am trying to be silly

I say horrid. I also say jolly and ghastly. As I have an RP accent, I just sound like I escaped from the 30's not like a small child. I hate bubs/bubba, bockie/bockle, num nums and anything that's not a web address ending in .com eg amazed.com with a passion though.

Oh and panties, it makes me cringe.

pointybird Fri 16-Nov-12 10:00:19

My bad

IceBergJam Fri 16-Nov-12 10:01:40

I hate 'my bad'. And 'simples'

seeker Fri 16-Nov-12 10:02:50

"grow a pair"
Crimbo
Sarnie.

Queenofsiburbia Fri 16-Nov-12 10:03:02

'Lush'

Aaargh it goes through me like nails down a blackboard

pointybird Fri 16-Nov-12 10:04:33

My boss constantly says 'we done' instead of 'we did'. Makes me want to punch him even more than normal

somebloke123 Fri 16-Nov-12 10:05:44

End of.

GrimAndHumourless Fri 16-Nov-12 10:07:01

hah

I love amazeballs, and cool, and totes, and holibobs, and count how many sleeps til blah blah

can't abide bockle (bottle)

goldenlula Fri 16-Nov-12 10:07:54

'Bestie' as in 'out with my bestie tonight'.

NiniLegsInTheAir Fri 16-Nov-12 10:10:41

Haha I was also going to say Lush siburbia grin. Drives me insane, as do the sad women who use the word.

Cunny,
Poorly sick,
Über,
Cheeky drink/biscuit/cocktail
My bad,
Naughty as in 'I'll be naughty and have a latte'

GrimAndHumourless Fri 16-Nov-12 10:13:28

but but but don't diss the lush <cwtches lush to bossoms>

<hopes use of diss passes muster>

IceBergJam Fri 16-Nov-12 10:15:41

Tummy, when referring to an adult.

Yes to all of these!

Bockle, bot-bot, trumps (farts, not the game), fishies, biccies, biccypegs, toothiepegs (sp?), choccies, chocky-wockies (yes DF, I mean you), I could go on, but I am stressing myself out!

Not cute or funny.

My DM (61) still calls her DM (85) 'Mummy' and refers to her as 'Mummy.' I can't help wincing each time.

somebloke123 Fri 16-Nov-12 10:16:07

People who say "is" twice, as in "The problem is is that", or its near relative "The reason being is ..."

pointybird Fri 16-Nov-12 10:17:12

Windypops

IceBergJam Fri 16-Nov-12 10:18:12

Of off

lottiegarbanzo Fri 16-Nov-12 10:34:14

Scentednappybag yes, especially cheeky and naughty in those contexts.

Also 'end of' and 'soon as'. I recall calling someone in another office and the receptionist telling me the person would call back soon as. As soon as what, I wondered. The what could make quite a difference.

lottiegarbanzo Fri 16-Nov-12 10:37:03

I detest 'grow a pair' and 'man up' especially when applied to women, (as happens on this site quite a lot). Because testicles would really help us to make the right decision and address the issue effectively, oh yes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now