Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

no i'm not. What happened to the moldies thread?

(469 Posts)
HullyEastergully Sun 11-Nov-12 20:48:04

eh?

LDNmummy Fri 16-Nov-12 00:27:29

How on earth is this thread still going shock

It's constantly at the top of the list of threads I'm on.

southeastastra Thu 15-Nov-12 23:11:48

hello lol

usualsuspect3 Thu 15-Nov-12 23:06:17

Hi ,SEA.

Mintyy Thu 15-Nov-12 23:04:42

And where the beeping beep have you been eh SEA? I have started threads asking after you and everything (tis bibbity here btw).

southeastastra Thu 15-Nov-12 23:01:22

mn goes on without them lol

scottishmummy France Thu 15-Nov-12 22:57:28

astonished this still apparently causes so much angst,and histrionics
no biggie at time,and gets even less so with every retelling and humphy facehmm
that said was good the big egos flounced off,mn better now its bigger and less cliquey

LtEveDallas Thu 15-Nov-12 11:00:23

No spooky, stirring because you stated that the Mouldie thread had been deleted because of cod, because the thread insulted her (which it didn't) - which it hadn't.

I would say the same if you had said the thread had been deleted because BIWI wanted it, or MaryZ, or Hully or Helen01020304.

Stirring because that isn't what happened, but for some reason you want people to believe it was.

SpringHeeledJack Thu 15-Nov-12 10:49:17

I saw tweet

nowt to do with being insulting...she didn't want to be outed, which was fair enough

spookysal Thu 15-Nov-12 10:39:57

Meh.

Only stirring (in your opinion) because I mentioned Cod probably. How dare I?

Same old, Same old ... Yawn.

You only get three wishes though, Chip...

Perhaps you could fashion some class of a lean- to.

LtEveDallas Thu 15-Nov-12 10:09:29

Ahh, hadn't refreshed. Sorry, BIWI has already explained (But I stand by my stirring comment). There really is No Need.

LtEveDallas Thu 15-Nov-12 10:08:19

spookysal, thats a bit stirring isn't it? I saw Cod's tweet and AFAIK it wasn't anything to do with the Mouldie thread. What's with the 'old guard' comment?

BIWI Cote D'Ivoire Thu 15-Nov-12 07:57:50

The two are not mutually exclusive - it's perfectly possible to meet people/make friends here (and elsewhere online), but we should all be careful and not automatically assume everyone is 'nice' or honest.

destinationzero Thu 15-Nov-12 07:54:29

The moldies drama was exciting at the time but 5 years on it's all a bit meh -
I agree with the poster up thread however, who said it was a timely reminder to not get too involved with people on the net, this is not real life.
Log in, have a chat, laugh, moan, rant, be supportive, then log off & forget it all. Keep your distance & anonyminity.

BIWI Cote D'Ivoire Thu 15-Nov-12 07:34:35

The reason Cod was angry was nothing to do with the Moldies thread. It was another thread where she was outed in her current username. Which was all my fault.

spookysal Thu 15-Nov-12 01:08:52

Cod asked for it to be deleted, quite angrily, on a tweet to MN. It's no secret. Something about it still being around hours after she reported it despite it breaking forum rules as it directly insulted her.

I didn't see the thread.

I was on Twigs thread when she came back to inform us how unintelligent and uncouth we all were for not missing her. It was just a typical flouncers thread .. until Justine popped up and then the proverbial hit the fan for a couple of months and MN literally exploded. There were people taking sides and people flouncing all over the place. We lost a lot of good posters (Come back MrsBadger, S&B isn't the same!) But it felt a bit like a much needed mass cull where MN royalty had become top heavy and needed trimming, and as they left (and most of their daft etiquette rules went with them) new posters were able to blossom.

Although some of the old guard still rule (see first paragraph) ;)

chipmonkey Thu 15-Nov-12 00:18:06

A feck it, Freddy, I should have mentioned I don't have a garage!
<<<,wanders from campervan to Bell tent in living room>>>>>

And you shall have them Chip.

<waves magic wand>

RubyGates Wed 14-Nov-12 08:00:21

Hang on, did I miss a London Meet-up thread?
<emerges from smoke and ruins of blown up electricity in kitchen>

SantasStrapOn Tue 13-Nov-12 21:14:09

I had a lovely flowery Cath Kidston tent. Mort shredded it and made a nest.

chipmonkey Tue 13-Nov-12 20:43:58

Can I be Thelma's shitbag husband? Just so I can say "You git your butt back here, Thelma!" After which I will revert to being nice.

chipmonkey Tue 13-Nov-12 20:42:38

I want a campervan. And a Bell Tent. And a trailer tent. Depending on my mood. That's not unreasonable, surely?

MrsWembley Tue 13-Nov-12 18:19:32

Ah, then we'll have to sort out a summer meet-up. smile

This Christmas one will hopefully turn out brilliantly and everyone at the London one will be totally envy that they weren't there...

SantasStrapOn Tue 13-Nov-12 16:58:05

A catapult would be fun.

Or a crossbow?

TuftyFinch Tue 13-Nov-12 16:56:57

I could ring Brad Pitt. I'll bring DS's spud gun, that'll do it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now