no i'm not. What happened to the moldies thread?

(469 Posts)
HullyEastergully Sun 11-Nov-12 20:48:04

eh?

Tweasels Sun 11-Nov-12 22:54:49

Did they delete the other thread. Some of my best work was on there. Damn this dictatorship.

Did anybody identify the umbrage poster?

Justine founded MN, softly. Did they really invite her? That's the funniest, saddest thing I've heard in a long time.

MrsWembley Sun 11-Nov-12 22:56:08

Oh, and ginhag, I think the explanation was for me, not Hully...smile

Hassled Sun 11-Nov-12 22:56:47

My recollection wasn't that Justine inadvertently mentioned it in a blog, it was on a thread someone started bemoaning the fact that everyone new to MN was really, really dull and thick and how MN was shit. Thread got nasty, J came on to say words to the effect of "I'm sorry you're unhappy, and I was gutted when I heard you'd set up a new forum" at which point thread got much nastier and exploded.

Anyway - it was all a very long time ago. It wasn't just words on screen, it was more than that - but so much time has passed and so many people have come and gone since then that really, what's the point? I don't think anyone actually cares anymore - it's all just shit-stirring.

BIWI Sun 11-Nov-12 22:56:52

They did invite her.

And yes, there was a huge amount of winding up going on on the other thread. e.

IamtheZombie Sun 11-Nov-12 23:00:44

Who is Justine?

Justine is the Supreme Godess of Mumsnet. She sits in the lonely dark tower that rises out of MNHQ and serenely surveys her realm. She reviews the outpourings of our innermost thoughts and heartfelt ramblings and deems them worthy to stay or go. She examines our token offerings of adoration and accepts or rejects them as the whim takes her.

She's owner of the site. We are all here ultimately at her pleasure.

TiggyD Sun 11-Nov-12 23:01:53

"...bemoaning the fact that everyone new to MN was really, really dull and thick... ".
Welcome to my world. Part of the problem with being the most FABULOUS person in the world is that everybody I meet is less fabulous than me. I sometimes wish I could be one of you sad dreary old bags rather than Tiggy "Mighty Stag" D'Amour...

flow4 Sun 11-Nov-12 23:02:49

Gosh, I thought I'd finished with all this cliquey in-crowd nonsense decades ago, when I left school! grin

HanSolo Sun 11-Nov-12 23:04:51

It was v Head Girl and coterie &c, yes.

BIWI Sun 11-Nov-12 23:04:59

No, it was definitely in the MNHQ blog.

TiggyD Sun 11-Nov-12 23:06:50

"coterie" - Old fashioned name for a cloakroom.

Mintyy Sun 11-Nov-12 23:06:57

Justine outed moldies on the "Fuck you Mumsnet" thread started by an exiting mnetter and founder of moldies. And, yes, didn't they invite her to dinner?

HanSolo Sun 11-Nov-12 23:08:24

Yy- was on MNHQblog.

However, no-one ever really read that, so no-one knew until Twigs came on and started bewailing that no-one missed them enough.

HanSolo Sun 11-Nov-12 23:09:11

heheh- X-posts minty

notusualsuspect Sun 11-Nov-12 23:11:29

Yes it all kicked off on that thread. The thread got quite nasty though.

I just watched from the sidelines.

HanSolo Sun 11-Nov-12 23:11:43

<sigh> It's Carrie I feel sorry for really. Justine gets all the mentions, and people always forget about Carrie, who is really very lovely too.

MrsWembley Sun 11-Nov-12 23:16:33

Carrie is v quiet though. You know, I mean compared to Justine...

TiggyD Sun 11-Nov-12 23:18:20

Before my time. It was when the internet was still analogue, computers were all made of wood, and Jordan used to only show her ankles to people.

Hassled Sun 11-Nov-12 23:19:16

You're right, there was a blog. I'd forgotten that bit. Nasty thread was a "you're all thick muppets and you don't appreciate me nearly enough" thing that became about three threads' worth of muck- slinging. Little did we know we'd still be posting about it 100 years later.

ScrambledSmegs Sun 11-Nov-12 23:24:06

I had some fun saving the entire thread at one point this morning when I was convinced it would go poof imminently.

But I have a new laptop and I don't know where I've saved it to <twatface>

What exactly do you want to know, Hully? Basic story is it was all rumbling on happily till the early hours, when <coff's over name> plopped a whole pile of unsubstantiated and wild accusations re: ebay forums* and a certain well-known MNer on the thread. We all went shock. And hmm.

Then someone else came on this morning to do Megalolz at <coff> and claim <coff> had absolutely no idea what they were talking about. And we all went hmm at the Megalolz.

And eventually it all went poof.

*Yes I know it's technically 'fora', but typing it makes me feel like a prat.

HoneyDragon Sun 11-Nov-12 23:25:03

Stags are total dickwads, the ultimate nobbers of the animal kingdom. Pick something else Tiggy.

Hully. You know fine well that for a Mnetter admitting ignorance is the ULTIMATE shame.

MrsWembley Sun 11-Nov-12 23:28:37

Smegs, how's the BH? Thought you might save that fred from deletion if you gave birth during it.grin

ScrambledSmegs Sun 11-Nov-12 23:36:08

Gorn sad Although considering how woefully unprepared we are that's probably a good thing!

LadyBeagle Sun 11-Nov-12 23:41:08

Thanks for that BIWI.
First straightforward explanation I've ever heard, as it was way before my time.
The two recent threads were full of speculation, culminating in lots of bitching and nudge wink stuff, particularly about Worra, a poster I'm quite fond of.
I think the next time the whole moldies gossip starts again, your post should just be cut and pasted, and then we can get on with our MN lives.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now