Not to label my twins so others can tell them apart?

(179 Posts)
twinsufficient Thu 04-Oct-12 16:31:11

Dts' nursery teacher has asked me to label them with different coloured stickers as she can't tell them apart. Imho doing this will mean that the teachers will stop trying to tell who is who and rely on the stickers. They are identical but there are differences in face and eye shape etc so not impossible. Should I do as the teacher asks or not?

MamaBear17 Fri 12-Oct-12 08:33:10

I would not want to put stickers on them if I were you, I think you are right, it sets them apart from the other children. Instead, I would use the hair clips idea or allow them to dress differently if there is not a uniform. I have taught lots of sets of twins and I find it very difficult to tell them apart so I understand where the teacher is coming from, but as you get to know them it becomes easier. Before that, I always have to apologise and ask them which one they are. As regards to teachers seeing them as individuals, it is often advisable to have them in different classes so that they get a chance to express themselves as an individual. Many of the twins I teach often request separate classes by the time they come to us at 10.

LadyFlumpalot Fri 12-Oct-12 08:44:47

I went to school with identical twin girls, in year 11 Twin A bleached her brown hair and got contacts. It was then very easy to tell them apart...

Until the start of year 12 when Twin B had also bleached her hair and started wearing contacts.

I wasn't one of their close friends, but I always found it easy to tell them apart. Twin A just looked softer somehow. Maybe her blonde hair wasn't as harsh as her sisters or something.

OP, I also think different bobbles, or shoes or something innocuous would be good. They are not being labelled as such then.

Gunznroses Fri 12-Oct-12 09:00:43

Does anyone remember The twins in the film "Master of the game" ? Sorry a bit off topic i know.

spoonsspoonsspoons Fri 12-Oct-12 09:54:43

A friend who is an id twin recently put an old school photo of her and her sister on facebook. A long discussion ensued as to who was who with neither sister agreeing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now