Katie I can cook. God that woman

(111 Posts)
pickofthepops Tue 07-Aug-12 17:55:47

I have never been so irritated by someone on the telly. Saw it for first time in ages today and she is so bloody patronising. Is it just me who doesn't see the appeal. DS age four and I 'disagreed' on her talent but I really feel she is talking down to him and the other children. I know I clearly need to get a life but keen to know am not the only one who wants to tell her and her fruity dance to eff off

Aeroflotgirl Sat 07-Jun-14 08:31:07

I like her, she will appeal to some not others. Not all children will feel how your ds feels about her.
,?
L

BikeRunSki Sat 07-Jun-14 08:24:20

I like her. Ds wants to marry her.

everythingisonmurtaghlist Sat 07-Jun-14 08:22:15

Don't mind her that much. Definitely prefer the series where they're in the kitchen but she has made my little girl addicted to popping peppers. We have to hide them in the trolley at the supermarket other
wise that's all we hear...I want to pop the pepper mummy, please let me pop the pepper, I NEED to pop the pepper!!!!

toomuchtooold Sat 07-Jun-14 07:24:14

I hate the way in I Can Cook they're so anti-obesity that after two bites of a salad they have to show the kids having like a 90 minute game of 11 a side football "with all that energy". It's like they're trying to turn out a generation of exercise bulimics.
I did like the spinach and cottage cheese muffins though.

MiaowTheCat Sat 07-Jun-14 07:13:30

Unfortunately since DD1 got obsessed with cooking and her play kitchen - she bloody adores Katie... to the extent she was making up a song in the car the other day about her!

helensburgh Fri 06-Jun-14 20:47:09

Jodie jump, miss Hoolie that's was annoying.

Nice people in rel life I sure but the characters , pah!

emms1981 Fri 06-Jun-14 20:38:46

I'm so glad I don't have to sit through any of that shit anymore now my boys are older. Mr maker makes my skin crawl and don't get me started on man boobs mr tumble uggch

puntasticusername Fri 06-Jun-14 19:29:01

Wow, best zombie thread EVER grin

I was ambivalent about Katie until I saw a photo of her with a-few-months-old baby Charlie. She looked KNACKERED. So now, it's ok, people, she is ONE OF US.

GiveTwoSheets Fri 06-Jun-14 19:28:43

*think doesn't act

GiveTwoSheets Fri 06-Jun-14 19:28:19

I think she fab, one of few presenters that I doesn't act like their off faces on drugs.

RosiePosiePing Fri 06-Jun-14 19:19:02

I know this is an old thread but I want to defend Katy.

She opened a soft play near us and was literally mobbed. I mean soft play, 100s of kids and she'd not long had her baby. If any woman had an excuse to be a grumpy cow, she did.

But she was SO fantastic with all of the children there. Smilely, chatty, had pics taken.

Leave her alone!

PumpkinPie2013 Fri 06-Jun-14 19:08:50

YANBU - she sets my teeth on edge angry

Topsy and Tim also really grate on me!

Unfortunately my 3 year old nephew loves them (and Mr Tumble!).

My husband is in love with Nina and her scary eye shadow. He would like to do inappropriate things with her and her neurons...

LoblollyBoy Fri 06-Jun-14 16:21:43

Can I just say, attheendof before someone shouts at us for resurrecting this thread, that I did find your comment to be a very helpful contribution. Thanks for that, it will help me next time I have to watch ICC.

I used to hate Katie until I met her in reality. She was absolutely lovely and took loads of time talking to my dds.

whitepuddingsupper Fri 06-Jun-14 14:18:07

Yes I hate the bloody cartoonito karaoke and those bloody fairy tales, fuck off Jane Horrocks your voiceover skills are shite.

SheSaid78 Fri 06-Jun-14 14:08:48

Bit of a latecomer to this particular thread but for some reason, kids have chosen cBeebies over Cartoonito today. I am amazed - but pleased - to find that I'm not the only mum that has such varied and hilarious views on these programmes and their em, presenters. confused

Rhyme Rockets - why?!? I mean, seriously, WHY?! I can't explain the rage I feel when that programme comes on. I hate them with a passion yet I can't not watch.

I'm almost glad my kids started choosing Cartoonito over cBeebies but on that note, has anyone noticed how fucking annoying those bratty kids from Cartoonito Karaoke are?

MiaowTheCat Thu 01-Aug-13 18:49:07

Was watching something on telly the other night (that OCD camp thing) and they had Dr Ranj on it being all serious and proper doctory.

Except all I had running through my head everytime he opened his mouth was the poo song. "NHS resources and budget cuts... where does your poo-oooo come from... funding issues..."

PdHeatonsingingfafafa Thu 01-Aug-13 18:23:33

I've just watched the strawberry episode. She's magnificent.

KittyPryde Wed 12-Jun-13 11:42:45

I really like her, I don't think she acts false at all! Well, no more than the others anyway. I think she's funny, and genuinely likes the children, like Mr Bloom seems to. Andy on the other hand, can fuck right off. And Justin seems to be getting a bit tired of it all now, his enthusiasm is waning.

I love Katy. I remember reading one of her tweets about staying in a youth hostel in Europe while travelling, and praying it was the same one me and OH were staying in. blush

Lovelygoldboots Wed 12-Jun-13 11:03:51

She will be on mat leave soon and join us here. She can go back on cbeebies swearing her head off and cooking with Billy bear ham and pom bears grin

Samu2 Wed 12-Jun-13 09:59:44

She does my head in.

I am sure my husband has a crush on her though.

MiaowTheCat Wed 12-Jun-13 09:24:29

I had the misfortune to watch Nina and the Fucking Pigtails the other day, the road building one... oh the fantasies I was having involving that lovely road roller and the overly chirpy pigtails.

I very rarely have cbeebies on as it does my head in but DD1's been an absolute bugger teething so I've resorted to it on a few occasions recently.

They're ALL dead behind the eyes though.

Funniest I saw was I Can Cook on a beach in the north east (was it Tynemouth? I forget but I know I recognised it at the time) - obviously on a freezing cold day but desperately trying to go for the "wooo we're on the beach with our buckets and spades" thing - it was hilarious!

My mum had cbeebies on when she was down here - she's still traumatised by what they've done to Postman Pat - although the bit in the opening credits where all the parcels parachute from the air does remind me of my own postman's routine of chucking stuff over back gates, but without the parcels - so perhaps they updated it for factual accuracy.

I did buy our house as this street have octagonal windows in the corner of the bedroom and the next street down have diamond shaped windows and it appealled to my PlaySchool nostalgia senses though.

Our county speech therapists I swear are being paid commission by Mr Fucking Tumble - the number of "so mummies, this is baby signing and these are a list of makaton signs you already know but are sitting through yet again" sessions our local Children's Centre have tacked onto baby groups where I've sat and had to listen to them wax lyrical about how amazing his show is is nuts.

Its the zombie thread that wont die!

She irritates me, but not quite to stabbiness. DH is in love with her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now