Katie I can cook. God that woman

(120 Posts)
pickofthepops Tue 07-Aug-12 17:55:47

I have never been so irritated by someone on the telly. Saw it for first time in ages today and she is so bloody patronising. Is it just me who doesn't see the appeal. DS age four and I 'disagreed' on her talent but I really feel she is talking down to him and the other children. I know I clearly need to get a life but keen to know am not the only one who wants to tell her and her fruity dance to eff off

SarahD111222 Sat 24-Jan-15 12:27:46

It's for kids to enjoy not adults. Of course it's going to annoy you and why would you expect to enjoy kids songs anyway? They're simplified for children. I read somewhere on here that she talks down to the kids, that's hilarious they're children you change your tone with them so that they understand you. It's sad that people have written a post about this. Your husbands probably fancy her.

BuggerLumpsAnnoyed Fri 09-Jan-15 14:48:09

My sister just worked with her in panto. So thats 2 months of 2 shows almost every day. Says shes really nice. I liked her sparkly shoes <helpful>

FoxInABox Fri 09-Jan-15 14:17:30

Oh no I really can't stand jess! Her voice drives me insane!
Don't mind Katie though!

toomuchtooold Fri 09-Jan-15 13:31:55

Ha, zombie thread! I just saw a post that I was like "oh yes, good point, I've thought that too" and then realised it was actually my comment from 6 months ago.

Also, here is an interview with her:www.parentdish.co.uk/celebrity/katy-ashworth-i-understand-my-audience-more-now-im-a-mum-charlie/

"I was a woman leaping around on stage with boundless energy making their children laugh - without actually having a child of my own. I can imagine that was pretty annoying to watch!"

I won't lie Katie, it is a bit annoying...

DrDre Fri 09-Jan-15 13:17:24

I think she's gorgeous!

Jengnr Fri 09-Jan-15 13:07:32

I think she's lovely. I like feelers out Jess too.

SuedeEffectPochette Fri 09-Jan-15 12:47:11

The thing I disliked was the way she was so smiley about telling them to get stuck in and make a big mess. Bet she wouldn't do that in her own kitchen. Or maybe she would if she is not obsessive control freak like me.... I would let my kids make a mess in my kitchen if the BBC production team would clean up after, mind you.

WilsonWilsonWoman Fri 09-Jan-15 12:32:53

My dd is 7 and I hated her then! DC2 due in May and just faced the frightening reality that I will be reliving the horrors of Cbeebies very fucking soon! Aghast! Read the whole thread this is the third resurrection and still utterly relevant! grin (runs off to look into adoption before it's too late!)

Greengardenpixie Fri 09-Jan-15 12:11:34

Yet another resurrection but OMG i just cannot stand her!!!!!

Aeroflotgirl Sat 07-Jun-14 08:31:07

I like her, she will appeal to some not others. Not all children will feel how your ds feels about her.
,?
L

BikeRunSki Sat 07-Jun-14 08:24:20

I like her. Ds wants to marry her.

everythingisonmurtaghlist Sat 07-Jun-14 08:22:15

Don't mind her that much. Definitely prefer the series where they're in the kitchen but she has made my little girl addicted to popping peppers. We have to hide them in the trolley at the supermarket other
wise that's all we hear...I want to pop the pepper mummy, please let me pop the pepper, I NEED to pop the pepper!!!!

toomuchtooold Sat 07-Jun-14 07:24:14

I hate the way in I Can Cook they're so anti-obesity that after two bites of a salad they have to show the kids having like a 90 minute game of 11 a side football "with all that energy". It's like they're trying to turn out a generation of exercise bulimics.
I did like the spinach and cottage cheese muffins though.

MiaowTheCat Sat 07-Jun-14 07:13:30

Unfortunately since DD1 got obsessed with cooking and her play kitchen - she bloody adores Katie... to the extent she was making up a song in the car the other day about her!

helensburgh Fri 06-Jun-14 20:47:09

Jodie jump, miss Hoolie that's was annoying.

Nice people in rel life I sure but the characters , pah!

emms1981 Fri 06-Jun-14 20:38:46

I'm so glad I don't have to sit through any of that shit anymore now my boys are older. Mr maker makes my skin crawl and don't get me started on man boobs mr tumble uggch

puntasticusername Fri 06-Jun-14 19:29:01

Wow, best zombie thread EVER grin

I was ambivalent about Katie until I saw a photo of her with a-few-months-old baby Charlie. She looked KNACKERED. So now, it's ok, people, she is ONE OF US.

GiveTwoSheets Fri 06-Jun-14 19:28:43

*think doesn't act

GiveTwoSheets Fri 06-Jun-14 19:28:19

I think she fab, one of few presenters that I doesn't act like their off faces on drugs.

RosiePosiePing Fri 06-Jun-14 19:19:02

I know this is an old thread but I want to defend Katy.

She opened a soft play near us and was literally mobbed. I mean soft play, 100s of kids and she'd not long had her baby. If any woman had an excuse to be a grumpy cow, she did.

But she was SO fantastic with all of the children there. Smilely, chatty, had pics taken.

Leave her alone!

PumpkinPie2013 Fri 06-Jun-14 19:08:50

YANBU - she sets my teeth on edge angry

Topsy and Tim also really grate on me!

Unfortunately my 3 year old nephew loves them (and Mr Tumble!).

My husband is in love with Nina and her scary eye shadow. He would like to do inappropriate things with her and her neurons...

LoblollyBoy Fri 06-Jun-14 16:21:43

Can I just say, attheendof before someone shouts at us for resurrecting this thread, that I did find your comment to be a very helpful contribution. Thanks for that, it will help me next time I have to watch ICC.

I used to hate Katie until I met her in reality. She was absolutely lovely and took loads of time talking to my dds.

whitepuddingsupper Fri 06-Jun-14 14:18:07

Yes I hate the bloody cartoonito karaoke and those bloody fairy tales, fuck off Jane Horrocks your voiceover skills are shite.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now