Advent calander ideas for men!

(10 Posts)
FoddyWaddle Tue 06-Sep-16 19:15:43

So my DH has a new advent calendar this year. It is one of the ones with the ridiculously small drawers. I am trying to think of some interesting fillers that don't cost the earth and are a little bit different to sweets and chocolate.

PinkFluffiUnicorn Tue 06-Sep-16 19:22:36

I used liqueur chocs, tiny stationery, mini highlighters etc, pin badges, also managed to find miniature Tabasco sauce and little letters & iou's

Debinaround Tue 06-Sep-16 19:29:13

What about some tiny aftershaves? Maybe see if any of the perfume counters in Boots have any free samples they can give you?

HandbagCrazy Tue 06-Sep-16 19:44:49

Not sure how this would be appreciated in your house but my DH loved it - I wrote little notes for him for some days - little silly thinks like 'this entitles you to a lift home from the pub' and 'you can be in charge of the to for one evening.' I even put in ones where I would do a chore when it wasn't my turn (only the chores I don't mind of course).
Alongside that I out in a note saying 'look in the fridge' where there would be a bottle of cider, some little chocolates, cinema tickets and a few random things (paper clip, sticky note pad - he's a teacher) grin

HandbagCrazy Tue 06-Sep-16 20:11:31

Apologies for the many typos! blush

Chelazla Tue 06-Sep-16 20:55:46

Lovely ideas!!!!

FoddyWaddle Tue 06-Sep-16 21:53:28

Thanks everyone. He would love these 😆. I am loving the notes.

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Tue 06-Sep-16 22:00:03

Using handbag's idea which gets round the size issue, I would (and do, for m slightly bigger advent calendar) get whiskey miniatures, and fun size mars bars or whatever chocolate of choice is.

Leeds2 Wed 07-Sep-16 18:43:41

Book of stamps. Mixture of elastic bands/drawing pins/paper clips - OH never has enough! A novelty hanky if it will fold up small enough. A £2 coin.

Sorry, not very exciting suggestions!

ridingsixwhitehorses Wed 07-Sep-16 19:34:42

Does he like Lego? Dh loves Lego even more than our kids and loved the Lego advent calendar I got him one year. You could make your own culminating in a Lego man Santa

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now