Kids Birthday Party on 27th?

(27 Posts)
Nix01 Tue 15-Oct-13 12:47:39

My poor child's birthday is on 27th December. This year, I'm considering having his party on his actual birthday....

Just to get a general idea, would you be too busy with post Xmas celebrations to attend or do you think it would be a good idea?

Patsiecat Wed 16-Oct-13 13:56:58

I had the same dilemma recently, my dd's 4th birthday is the 29th December. The last couple of years we have had it on her birthday and only invited friends and family ... People still forgot though! This year she is in nursery so wanted her to be able to invite friends from there so we are doing it on the 5th January I would have done it even the weekend after that but one of our close friends DS's birthday will be then. I am just so worried people will forget on those days between Xmas and New Year and I would hate for her to have no one turn up. If you do decide to go for a date between xmas and NY, make sure you send a text to remind everyone the day before.

I would talk to the parents of their best friends - I must admit we do this anyway, and see if they are around. Generally my dc say that as long as x and y can come then they are happy. We are generally still at grandparents then and probably wouldn't get back - although it would depend when Christmas falls - and when dh can get holiday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now