Anyone know what I mean?

(19 Posts)
Mckayz Tue 03-Sep-13 12:16:16

When I was younger my Mum used to get a catalogue that had toys and presents in. But at the back were various food hampers you could buy and drinks packages.

I have no idea why I have suddenly thought of it now but I used to love flicking through and looking at all the food you could buy.

Anyone know what it was called or if it is still around?

Thanks

crazyhamsterbackatlast Tue 03-Sep-13 12:17:26

park catalogue

Studio 24

absentmindeddooooodles Tue 03-Sep-13 12:18:39

God tjats so strange, I was talking about this yesterday. Cant for the life of me remember what it would have been called. Used to sit there and mark out everything I would love ( if we won the lottery) haha. Think there were a few different ones though. <no help>

Mckayz Tue 03-Sep-13 12:20:14

I looked on Studio but there was no mention of food. Probably too early though.

I will look at Park. Thanks

CeliaFate Tue 03-Sep-13 12:52:31

Ace was the catalogue we had when I was young.

MadameJ Tue 03-Sep-13 18:55:11

It's Park, they do loads of hampers and also vouchers, cards etc and you pay throughout the year.

OhSoConfused Wed 04-Sep-13 08:57:09

we also had Ace

ratbagcatbag Wed 04-Sep-13 12:08:01

Family hampers - we used to have these, the excitement of tins of spam and boxes of ritz crackers smile

Never spotted food in studio

NatashaBee Wed 04-Sep-13 12:18:59

Yep, Christmas began when the family hampers package arrived in our house! probably because my mum got stuck into the sherry that was in it

ChubbyKitty Wed 04-Sep-13 12:30:04

Studio used to have them at Christmas when my grandma was getting it but now I get it I've not seen one!

Maybe I just don't remember from last year. I will be looking out for it now though!

siblingrevelry Wed 04-Sep-13 18:03:38

I remember this-I thought the height of sophistication and wealth was to be able to have the little money-box machine thingy with mini Cadbury choc bars (like mini versions of the ones railway stations used to have on the platforms). You can tell I'm a child if the seventies/eighties!

LegoAcupuncture Wed 04-Sep-13 18:05:33

There was another catalogue similar to Park, but they went bust a few years ago leaving hundreds of families without vouchers/hampers for Christmas. Can't remember the name.

I used to love looking at the food hampers, but they actually work out really really pricey.

nomorecrumbs Wed 04-Sep-13 18:08:55

It's not the same!!

http://www.getpark.co.uk/AgencyOnlineWeb/catalogue/C0101/Christmas/Indoor.item

One of my favourite childhood memories is the day the Xmas hampers used to arrive (1 big one, 1 small one). We'd get to open up the boxes and dive in to find all the biscuit and chocolate items! It didn't matter that we couldn't touch them until Christmas Eve

ConcreteElephant Wed 04-Sep-13 21:49:43

Lego, that was Farepak I think? I'm sure there was a change in legislation to ensure that customers' money now has to be ring-fenced to protect it, so that shouldn't happen again.

The catalogues look so sparkly and Christmassy, but I fear they are horribly over-priced.

RhondaJean Thu 05-Sep-13 22:24:59

My mum had Kay's catalogue and they had the hampers in the back. You could buy them with or without the drinks packs.

stiffstink Thu 05-Sep-13 22:28:07

Great Universal had hampers too.

TheSecondComing Thu 05-Sep-13 22:30:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nameuschangeus Thu 05-Sep-13 22:32:03

I remember this but I can't remember what it was called.

LazyMonkeyButler Thu 05-Sep-13 22:33:58

Yes, I remember that! Well before the days of the Ace or Studio catalogue though.

I thought it was just your standard catalogue - we had Kays in our house & the hampers were in the back behind the toy section.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now