ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Christmas bargain thread - it's back!

(1000 Posts)
Reastie Tue 25-Jun-13 07:26:46

Hello everyone,

thanks moosey for the thread on promo codes I bumped into. Hope you all don't mind me starting a thread again. I've tried to consolidate those codes still working and some links from last year (hope they still work) and a few codes I found which may be useful. List is looking rather small but will build up over time I hope . Lots of sales on at the min so I'm busy working through my list grin

Websites which are good to check for deals hot deals UK offer of the day and money saving expert

Quidco is a must to join and get free cashback here

Track amazon prices at camel camel

Achica have some lovely gifts. Follow this link when you join and you’ll get £10 off your first order

Body shop free delivery and 40% off when you spend a fiver. Code is honey or extratreat here

Book people free delivery with code RHFREE here

Face cloths - the popular ones from last year here

Fake lego advent calendar here

Joules free delivery and 15% off with code NWHD97 here

Moshi Monsters advent calendar for £6 here

Monnier Freres code for £100 off any £300 or more hand bag. Code is GLOSSYBOX100UK here

Nerf gun here from amazon

Zulily is worth a look and has new stock every day. use this link to earn me some credit for referrals thanks

Ah, but that's what I said in 2011, Zing. Then last year I spotted a few bargains in October and was all finished early December. It was brilliant (and much cheaper, since I only bought when the price was low). Now it's July 2013 and I already have 7 presents stashed in the cupboard. It lures you in...

nkf Mon 22-Jul-13 07:19:24

If you start buying early for Christmas (and I see the logic) do you keep a record of what you've bought? I tried it one year and I think I ended up buying more overall because I wasn't sure what I'd already bought.

Reastie Mon 22-Jul-13 07:29:16

nkf I'm really organised this year even surprised myself and have a spreadsheet list set up on my laptop which I write on names and who I've got what for and tick them off when they've got a present so I know at a glance what I've got and who I still need to buy for. I haven't done it before and I have bought more than I need but this is working really well and I'm being very restrained (although it is only July hmm )!

Yes, you have to be very organised about it. I use lists on my phone; one for each child and one for friends & family (short list, because we mainly make our own family gifts)

I have a strict budget and start with a rough list, which changes as I see things in the shops. I'm not too worried that I'll spend all the budget before Christmas and they'll find something else they want, because (a) friends and family always ask for a list and (b) they usually end up with lots of Christmas money.

*btw I'm hoping to finish 90% of our shopping by early September this year as I have a family holiday and 2 children's birthdays & parties to arrange between late September and mid December. I'm looking forward to a stress free Christmas!

BeaWheesht Mon 22-Jul-13 07:59:40

Cherry the cat is £15 on amazon (75% off)

here

Chockywockydoodah Mon 22-Jul-13 08:18:26

I love that this thread is not just for Christmas, its for upcoming DC's and relatives birthday gifts, gifts for children's parties, as well as treats for ourselves on occasions! It makes the most of the summertime sales. So it ticks all the gift buying boxes ;)

zipzap Mon 22-Jul-13 09:06:20

It's also worth noting where you put things - getting to Christmas eve and discovering that you've got something and can't find it is gutting! (2.5 Yrs on I still haven't found a rucksack I bought for ds2 and my mum once lost some earrings that were for me for about 10 years, made worse by the fact that I'd bought them on a holiday as I'd been umming and ahhhing about them as they were more expensive than I'd normally get, she said she would give them to me for Christmas so I knew I ws getting them. Christmas day - no earrings. Became a bit of a running joke...)

I just keep a list on my phone under the heading fabric samples - even dh hasn't spotted it - as I'm also looking for several pairs of curtains and dh, ds1 and ds2 all think fabric is the most boring thing around. grin

Bugsylugs Mon 22-Jul-13 09:44:48

Boots are doing 3 for 2. They have boxes of protect and perfect with day cream, night cream, serum, eye cream and another for £50 rrp £100 + and those are on the 3 for 2 . Was very happy as went to restock on the creams

I have 2 hiding places, a special drawer which everyone thinks my pj's are in and a box at the back of the wardrobe (very organised). Luckily DD is only 3 and doesn't realise that I'm hiding presents, she thinks I look after parcels for Father Christmas and DH is to lazy to look.

ordered far to much off here so no more bargains until start of September please, my credit card can't take it!!

Unless anyone sees some starwars lego or bikes or lovely scarves (I NEED new scarves!)

leesmum Mon 22-Jul-13 09:57:06

www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_categoryId_261867_productId_863523_langId_-1?storeId=10001&tduid=156d35517dc4bc738b77939994803376&_%24ja=kw%3A1098100%7Ctsid%3A35533&msg=&cm_mmc=Affiliates-_-TradeDoubler-_-1098100-_-banner&catalogId=10151 Fab bargain for £1.00

JaquelineHyde Mon 22-Jul-13 10:50:25

Oooh I just ordered one of the Cherry Cats.

Has anyone seen any bargains on an ipod touch. DD1 and DS1 have both asked for them and there just never seem to be any deals on them.

DangerousMouse Mon 22-Jul-13 11:00:58

the ipod touch is on 25% off on groupon today - £150 each. Its in the 'goods' section

JaquelineHyde Mon 22-Jul-13 12:01:55

Ooh I shall have a look!

ipswichwitch Mon 22-Jul-13 12:06:44

I found a groupon deal for a toy kitchen and workbench for £19.99 each, but by the time i got round to ordering it they had sold out. I was wondering if any of you bargain hunters had seen a similar deal elsewhere, since most of the nice ones are about £50+ that I've seen so far.
Sorry if anyone's already mentioned it upthread - I'm meant to be working so not had time to check yet!

JaquelineHyde Mon 22-Jul-13 12:10:02

Just looked and there is no ipod touch listed on mine. Could you link to it?

JaquelineHyde Mon 22-Jul-13 12:12:11

It's ok I found it but it's only a 4th generation but so expensive because it has 32gb of storage.

I would be happy with a 16gb 4th generation and I have seen them for about £125.

PoppyWearer Mon 22-Jul-13 12:52:12

Thanks for that link leesmum but it seems to be out of stock now. Good find though! And well done to anyone who got one!

If anyone is looking for more my busy books, tesco had loads in store.
Ninja turtles and another one I hadn't seen before (can't remember what it was though)

Any idea what I can get for My 5yo nephew? He's into ben10 at the moment but might be out of that phase by the time Christmas comes.

Reastie Mon 22-Jul-13 13:39:26

Free full size Molton Brown Cool Buchu or Vitalising Vitamins A, B, C full size shower gel worth £18 with any order using code CITRUSSUN molton brown here

My DS will be 5 by Christmas so here's a few things from his stash that might help you with your DNeph, Terra:

£5 Paper Jamz guitar from Argos I ordered a different design from The Works (more expensive but 20% discount and 20% cash back) and it is ACE. Look it up on YouTube.

Yada Yada Yada voice recorder £6 with delivery Really easy to use, we bought one for a friend's birthday recently and we all had great fun demoing it.

I'm sure I'll think of more...

Trazzletoes Mon 22-Jul-13 15:00:23

Please can someone explain these PaperJamz guitars to me please? <gimmer>

Are they actual guitars? Totally confused. Are they made from paper? <thick> the Argos link didn't shed much light on the matter...

Mostly plastic, not quite sure where the paper bit comes into it. They are very thin, perhaps an inch thick (ours is hidden away, so can't check), no strings etc, all the detail is printed on. They are touch sensitive which is how you 'play' them.

Really the only way to understand them properly is to watch one of the product reviews on YouTube (and even then, I wasn't quite sure what was going to turn up in the post!)

Thanks never a paper jams guitar might be just the thing.

MooseyMoo Mon 22-Jul-13 19:54:46

ipswichwitch there's a Smoby Black & Decker Mini Workbench £20 at John Lewis

This thread is not accepting new messages.