What's the oddest thing DC have asked for, and did they get it?

(285 Posts)
hurricanewyn Sat 01-Dec-12 11:42:40

Years ago DS asked for a yellow suit. Was v young & couldn't describe it but wanted it for months.
I bought him some thermal longjohns & a vest & dyed them bright yellow with dylon along with a pillow case that I attached as a cape. I got some red felt and cut it into his initial & attached it to the front with wonderweb.
He was delighted with it on Christmas morning & then never wore it confused
DD has asked for a diamond maker this year - I've told her if she manages to get one I'd quite like a few diamonds myself.

Iloveadrianmole Sat 08-Nov-14 20:25:13

My nine year old DS wants a plunger for Christmas.......

Lilicat1013 Sat 08-Nov-14 20:21:08

My youngest can't actually ask as he is only 21 months old and speech delayed so doesn't speak at all yet but he has made it very clear what he would like. He wants a Ford car, he is obsessed by them.

He likes all cars and interesting vehicles like dustbin lorries or buses but he has a real thing about the Ford logo. Every time he sees one he wants to touch it, then he chatters at it. He once spotted tires that said Ford on and did a dance of happiness.

I have no idea what the interest is, we don't have a Ford, no one has ever pointed out car badges to him. It just came from nowhere but he is obsessed. Our kind neighbours have said they don't mind him touching the badge on their car so now he gives it a kiss every time we go out.

For Christmas he has a Cosy Coupe shopping trolley and my brother had the brilliant idea of getting Ford stickers and putting them on the car bit. He is going to go nuts for it.

I have also ordered him on the the Disney Cars Die Cast toys for his stocking as the police car is a Ford Mondeo complete with tiny badge. It might be too tiny for him to see though but it is worth a try!

RJnomore Sat 08-Nov-14 18:14:44

Dd2 asked for a hedgehog.

In a cup.

You have no idea how difficult it was to find a hedgehog cuddly a few years back - especially one small enough to go in a cup. I had everyone I knew on the case.

We managed it [proud]

marne2 Sat 08-Nov-14 18:12:36

Dd2 has asked for a dungeon grin

trixymalixy Sat 08-Nov-14 17:16:55

DD asked for a brown jumper for her barbie 2 years ago. I cut up an old cardigan to make it for her!

Last year she asked for an ice sword and a fire sword. I found a blue plastic light up sword and a red one.

exhaustedredhead Sat 08-Nov-14 17:14:28

DD 2.5 only wants a frog. "A real frog mummy, not a silly toy."

starlight1234 Sat 08-Nov-14 16:58:26

DS actually asked Santa for a sister....lol ..didn't happen.

He also asked for one of those clinking adams cradles from the ambi pure advert..THey joy of advertising

LokiBear Sat 08-Nov-14 16:54:35

Dd hasn't asked for anything strange but she is insisting that she wants to buy her dad a frog.

nousernamesleft Sat 08-Nov-14 15:07:27

Ds (8) has asked multiple times for a real hook. He wants a big hook on a rope that he can swing across the room on. Not happening sunshine!
Dd asked for "sumfing owange" when she was 2. She got lots of orange stuff, and tantrumed on Christmas day as she "no like owange it smelly, like bwown". She's 12 now and the list is a bit bigger and more expensive!

dementedma Sat 08-Nov-14 13:21:57

Dd1 asked for and got a sugar thermometer and a zester. This year she wants suitcases hmm
Dd2s list for this year includes "pants". As in knickers. Should be easy enough.
I want a minion

scrivette Sat 08-Nov-14 13:15:55

3 year old DS wants 'my very own hose'. Back in May he asked and often asks so Father Christmas will be bringing one for him.

cece Sat 08-Nov-14 13:13:33

DD asked for a bee hive a few years ago. No she didn't get one.

Not one she asked for, but last year nearly 3 year old dd1 was insistent on buying 2 silicon pastry brushes as her present to 9 month old dd2. I trying to convince her that a toy might be better, but she wasn't convinced. We sourced some in tescos (needed to be red and green) and dd2 was absolutely delighted with them on Christmas morning, her favourite present by far.

saiyme09 Sat 08-Nov-14 12:55:10

Topshop has a unicorn in an instant kit! Was ping to get one my self ....I wanted one really badly my self

Thesimplethings Sat 08-Nov-14 11:21:32

My 3 year old wants orange stuff confused

Shockers Sat 08-Nov-14 11:19:40

DD asked for a real lion 2 years ago... she is still lion-less.

This year she has asked for a swimming pool and a drum kit...

Just resurrecting this as it's lovely. DD 10 has asked for a wolf and some anchovies - anchovies I can do, but she'll have to make do with an adoption pack and a wolef fleece.

DS 12 has ASD & still enjoys dressing up - he's asked for a three piece suit and some fake moustaches & glasses. I might even chuck in some hats to go with it grin

ChooChooLaverne Wed 05-Dec-12 12:38:26

I'm a bit late to this thread, but for those of you whose children want metal detectors, they have some Gadget Shop ones for £7.99 in WHSmith.

vvviola Tue 04-Dec-12 21:36:00

Not so much what she asked for, but how she told people about it afterwards.

All DD1 (4) wanted last year was "a lollipop and a surprise". She got the lollipop and a surprise of a vtech innotab thingy.

Whenever anyone asked her what Santa brought her "a lollipop and a surprise". Which was technically true grin.

COCKadoodledooo Tue 04-Dec-12 21:32:45

That was to 3yo ds2 btw, seem to have somehow managed to delete that relevant bit of info hmm

COCKadoodledooo Tue 04-Dec-12 21:31:32

Having thought we'd got away with it this year, last night we were having dinner with my folks and Mum asked what he wanted for Christmas. A black dog, he said excitedly. A cuddly toy one? enquires my ma. Nope. A real one that's big and woofs and has a waggy tail.
Not this year son I'm afraid.

DD2 (4) has asked Santa for a rocket ship so that she can fly to the moon and eat cheese with Wallace & Gromit hmm

We have bought her the Imaginext Shuttle lol

littlemefi Tue 04-Dec-12 17:51:02

Dd (3) wants strawberry shampoo, haribos and some playdoh! She's easily pleased!

Peanutbutterfingers Mon 03-Dec-12 22:44:12

Ooh Hettie thank you! Bookmarked for Birthday when he will want an anteater or baby tiger or some such

hurricanewyn Mon 03-Dec-12 21:11:51

I'd forgotten, but last year DD asked for a dettol no touch hand wash. No amount of explaining why it was a nonsense would change her mind confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now