What's the oddest thing DC have asked for, and did they get it?

(285 Posts)
hurricanewyn Sat 01-Dec-12 11:42:40

Years ago DS asked for a yellow suit. Was v young & couldn't describe it but wanted it for months.
I bought him some thermal longjohns & a vest & dyed them bright yellow with dylon along with a pillow case that I attached as a cape. I got some red felt and cut it into his initial & attached it to the front with wonderweb.
He was delighted with it on Christmas morning & then never wore it confused
DD has asked for a diamond maker this year - I've told her if she manages to get one I'd quite like a few diamonds myself.

ChallyCreaks Sat 01-Dec-12 14:15:35

DS (2) wants a chocolate cake and a very big chocolate cake he shall get. He may even be allowed to eat some for breakfast. grin

I love these stories.

SantasNaughtySack Sat 01-Dec-12 14:21:16

My sister asked for cheese when she was 15, and ended up with tons o the stuff grin
This year I've wrapped her up a packet of croutons with her actual present as they are her current obsession!

Just ordered a bright purple bath sheet for DD.
What's the betting that the bike gets ignored in favour of a towel?

hurricanewyn Sat 01-Dec-12 14:22:25

Cheese - that's a great idea. Cheers thanks

yellowsubmarine53 Sat 01-Dec-12 14:22:55

DD 5.8 wants a life size skeleton model (like those that doctors have).

I've sourced an skeleton sticker book.

hurricanewyn Sat 01-Dec-12 14:25:02

Terra - I still remember DS on the phone on Christmas morning to my mum, raving about the farting putty he got in his stocking. It was the only topic for about 10 mins until I reminded him he had also gotten some other stuff, including a bike.

ThePlatypusAlwaysTriumphs Sat 01-Dec-12 14:28:23

my little cousin asked for a frog for 3 years on the trot- had to be a real one, toy ones didn't cut it. The next year, having given up on ever getting a frog, he asked for a balloon. How happy my aunt was that year smile

SpitSpot Sat 01-Dec-12 14:31:30

DD has written her letter to Santa saying "I just wish some of my teef fell out like 8 or more". She is 6 and all her friends have lost at least one tooth so far.

MJP1 Sat 01-Dec-12 14:37:17

Brilliant this made me smile, my 1st is due in Feb and I am really struggling with pain and discomfort and am counting to days down till bub is here, its threads like these that remind me how great children are and why I am putting my body through all this. Merry Christmas xxxx

efffy Sat 01-Dec-12 14:37:27

My DD 8 has asked for a parrot :-s

bossboggle Sat 01-Dec-12 14:37:33

Oh you wonderful people - all of mine are grown now but this is magic!! Oh if it were all so easy!! When my DD realised about you know who she wandered away for a while and then came back all wide eyed and said "Where did you get all of the money from to buy everything!!????" she declared. Innocence!!

noblegiraffe Sat 01-Dec-12 14:41:51

My DS (3) wants a cardboard box. I'm sure that can be arranged.

lilackaty Sat 01-Dec-12 15:00:14

I once requested a blue bucket. Quite late on Christmas Eve. One of my dad's mates somehow found me one so I got my wish.
Mine haven't asked for anything unusual this year.

Lavenderhoney Sat 01-Dec-12 15:09:08

Dd wants a bunch of pink roses and ds won't tell me as its supposed to be a surprisesmile he does like blu tac though, I might pinch that idea too!

PestoFrostissimos Sat 01-Dec-12 15:11:53

Last year DD2 asked for a unicycle.

Told my friend in passing 'you'll never guess what dd2 has asked for this Christmas...?!!'

Turned out my friend had one in her garage that her DH had picked up in a car boot sale and bought as he thought it might 'come in useful one day' hmm

So I ended up buying it off her and dd2 was amazed on Christmas day that she'd actually got one!!! grin

WineOhWhy Sat 01-Dec-12 15:14:44

DD once asked for a "second hand baby". She was about 5 at the time and was quite insistent. I thought that sounded all very easy (and very "green" of her) and I could just go into a charity shop and look for a baby doll. But in fact what she wanted was a real baby that was not longer required by its parents! She did not get one.

DameFanny Sat 01-Dec-12 15:21:16

Aged 3 ds asked for toy wine. He got an acrylic wine glass he still has his morning juice in.

I can't think where he got the idea, I mostly drink gin

MrsMc82 Sat 01-Dec-12 15:21:24

2.10 ds asked for a "fireman sam rhinocerous"...... Wtf?!

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sat 01-Dec-12 15:23:00

Bruffin. That's fantastic! Have you got a copy of the photo?

Primrose123 Sat 01-Dec-12 15:26:19

Bruffin How did you do it?

For all those whose kids want unicorns, don't you know the North Koreans have discovered a nest of them in Pyongyang. There's hope for them yet smile

Primrose123 Sat 01-Dec-12 15:29:23

Efffy You could get one of these but I would advise you not to. The noise will drive you insane. <shudders from the memory>

INeedThatForkOff Sat 01-Dec-12 15:32:44

Bruffin, how on earth did you pull that one off?!

dd1 (nearly 8) has asked for chocolate pasta from hotel chocolat this year. yes she is getting it.

FreddieMercuryforQueen Sat 01-Dec-12 15:38:13

My sister once asked for a purple dress, she was only about 2, she didn't have a prticular purple dress in mind and my mum hunted high and low, eventually getting one. Opened it on Christmas morning and a strop of almighty proportions followed as it was the wrong kind of purple she's always been a bit of a frigging drama queen highly strung.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now