What's the oddest thing DC have asked for, and did they get it?

(268 Posts)
hurricanewyn Sat 01-Dec-12 11:42:40

Years ago DS asked for a yellow suit. Was v young & couldn't describe it but wanted it for months.
I bought him some thermal longjohns & a vest & dyed them bright yellow with dylon along with a pillow case that I attached as a cape. I got some red felt and cut it into his initial & attached it to the front with wonderweb.
He was delighted with it on Christmas morning & then never wore it confused
DD has asked for a diamond maker this year - I've told her if she manages to get one I'd quite like a few diamonds myself.

spaghettina Mon 03-Dec-12 14:14:21

mine (2.5) wants long pink hair and a computer

foxy6 Mon 03-Dec-12 14:22:43

ds2 once asked for an orange which he got and ds3 asked for a porkpie one year which he got and is now a tradition with his gramp. gramp got him porkpie and smoked cheese last year.

Kendodd Mon 03-Dec-12 14:41:35

My three year old wanted a present
Me "What kind of present?"
DD "A Christmas present"
Me "Yes but, you unwrap the present and what do you want to be inside?"
DD "A surprise!"

JugglingWithPossibilities Mon 03-Dec-12 14:57:34

Ah bless !
Hopefully easily pleased ?!
Hope the surprise works out well smile

MothershipG Mon 03-Dec-12 15:13:06

My DS is 12 and his list included various x-box games I wont let him have because they are 18s, a few other bits which he will get and a can of oxtail soup - which he will definitely get! grin

NaiceDude Mon 03-Dec-12 16:10:05

I LOVE the 3yo who wants to chop down next door's tree grin

PigeonPie Mon 03-Dec-12 16:52:54

Naice - the funny thing is I think he got his wish, albeit rather belatedly, as I think BIL's offer to chop it down was accepted a little while ago and he needed help, but I don't think DN was as enthusiastic at almost 15 as he was at 3!

we3kingsoforientRaahh Mon 03-Dec-12 17:43:28

KenDodd

Pricelessgrin

NaiceDude Mon 03-Dec-12 19:09:10

Haha Pigeon - a Christmas miracle, 12 years on!

boyfriendpaid Mon 03-Dec-12 19:14:10

DS2 nearly 7 has been asking for an X-5 steam cleaner for months. I asked him this week if he thought it was really a good present for a little boy (child) and he conceded I could put it on my list hmm

hurricanewyn Mon 03-Dec-12 21:11:51

I'd forgotten, but last year DD asked for a dettol no touch hand wash. No amount of explaining why it was a nonsense would change her mind confused

Peanutbutterfingers Mon 03-Dec-12 22:44:12

Ooh Hettie thank you! Bookmarked for Birthday when he will want an anteater or baby tiger or some such

littlemefi Tue 04-Dec-12 17:51:02

Dd (3) wants strawberry shampoo, haribos and some playdoh! She's easily pleased!

DD2 (4) has asked Santa for a rocket ship so that she can fly to the moon and eat cheese with Wallace & Gromit hmm

We have bought her the Imaginext Shuttle lol

COCKadoodledooo Tue 04-Dec-12 21:31:32

Having thought we'd got away with it this year, last night we were having dinner with my folks and Mum asked what he wanted for Christmas. A black dog, he said excitedly. A cuddly toy one? enquires my ma. Nope. A real one that's big and woofs and has a waggy tail.
Not this year son I'm afraid.

COCKadoodledooo Tue 04-Dec-12 21:32:45

That was to 3yo ds2 btw, seem to have somehow managed to delete that relevant bit of info hmm

vvviola Tue 04-Dec-12 21:36:00

Not so much what she asked for, but how she told people about it afterwards.

All DD1 (4) wanted last year was "a lollipop and a surprise". She got the lollipop and a surprise of a vtech innotab thingy.

Whenever anyone asked her what Santa brought her "a lollipop and a surprise". Which was technically true grin.

ChooChooLaverne Wed 05-Dec-12 12:38:26

I'm a bit late to this thread, but for those of you whose children want metal detectors, they have some Gadget Shop ones for £7.99 in WHSmith.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now