What's the oddest thing DC have asked for, and did they get it?

(268 Posts)
hurricanewyn Sat 01-Dec-12 11:42:40

Years ago DS asked for a yellow suit. Was v young & couldn't describe it but wanted it for months.
I bought him some thermal longjohns & a vest & dyed them bright yellow with dylon along with a pillow case that I attached as a cape. I got some red felt and cut it into his initial & attached it to the front with wonderweb.
He was delighted with it on Christmas morning & then never wore it confused
DD has asked for a diamond maker this year - I've told her if she manages to get one I'd quite like a few diamonds myself.

SomebodySaveMe Sat 01-Dec-12 11:43:56

DD has asked for a reindeer. It's not happening!

Svrider Sat 01-Dec-12 11:46:12

6yo dd has asked for a metal detector hmm

Indith Sat 01-Dec-12 11:48:23

Dd wants a monster that is bigger than she is.

Cantbelieveitsnotbutter Sat 01-Dec-12 11:48:26

A silver shiny bin for my 3yo

hurricanewyn Sat 01-Dec-12 11:52:48

Svrider - DD also asked for a metal detector. She had an idea she'd just wave it around the back garden & find enough treasure to become a millionaire.

hurricanewyn Sat 01-Dec-12 11:55:09

Indith & Somebody - grin

Can'tbelieve - that's lovely!

Svrider Sat 01-Dec-12 11:55:45

Hurricane
I think she's hoping to find a treasure chest with it
Bear in mind our garden is the size of a postage stamp smile

insanityscratching Sat 01-Dec-12 11:57:41

Ds asked for a lamp post, a road sign, traffic lights (all full size) He got some child size traffic lights from an educational resource place and GF made him signs and was happy enough. He was absolutely delighted though when his teen older brother stole a traffic cone with a lamp on and brought it home for him on the bus blush

derekthehamster Sat 01-Dec-12 11:58:26

All my son wanted, when he was 2, was a wind up dolphin for the bath grin yes he did get one, and was delighted.

Pompoko Sat 01-Dec-12 12:03:25

4 year old ds wants a fart egg

NaiceDude Sat 01-Dec-12 12:04:14

I LOVE the shiny bin grin

HeadfirstForAMistletoeKiss Sat 01-Dec-12 12:09:38

DS2 (4) dictated his Christmas letter to his 7 year old sister last week. It reads, "Deeyer Santer for Crissmass I wud lyk 1 yelo car and 1 red car and 1 yelo car"

I have to keep that one for the future smile

HeadfirstForAMistletoeKiss Sat 01-Dec-12 12:12:38

DD1 (10) , a couple of years ago, asked santa for magic wings so that she could fly. I Santa had to send her a letter with her (different) present explaining that he could grant wishes for magical presents, it was against regulations, and anyway if he did there would be children flying everywhere on Christmas morning. It would be chaos.

hurricanewyn Sat 01-Dec-12 12:13:13

What's a fart egg?

HeadfirstForAMistletoeKiss Sat 01-Dec-12 12:13:16

couldn't grant

noisytoys Sat 01-Dec-12 12:15:25

DD wants a model version of the town we live in with all the houses, busses, trains and people so she can play with the town

Pleasenomorepeppa Sat 01-Dec-12 12:19:35

DD (3.6) wants a wishing well & a bucket.
Last year she wanted a Dolls house. It was her big Father Christmas present.
She opened it, loved it & then refused to open any other presents. She kept saying "but I only asked for a Dolls House".
We kept them & she opened them on her 3rd Birthday in May!

IvantaOuiOui Sat 01-Dec-12 12:23:06

When she was three, my daughter asked for pastry. I bought her a packet of ready made short crust and she was thrilled to bits.

NorbertDentressangle Sat 01-Dec-12 12:26:47

DS, one Christmas, consistently asked for a caterpillar.

I searched high and low and eventually found a great wind-up one in Hawkins Bazaar.

lastSplash Sat 01-Dec-12 12:33:19

Are you near London SomebodySaveMe? There is free reindeer petting at Covent Garden.

ChippyMinton Sat 01-Dec-12 12:38:32

DD asked for blutack one year. She was so thrilled to find a packet in her stocking, it's become a tradition confused.

MaryChristmaZEverybody Sat 01-Dec-12 12:40:20

ds1 wants a tattoo and a Staffie hmm.

He's not getting either from me, but I suspect he might arrive home with both. I don't know which will be worse.

dd wanted a pony for years.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bealos Sat 01-Dec-12 12:45:47

LOLed at ivanta's 'packet of pastry'. If only gifts for everyone were that easy! "Here's a lump of cheese"
"A bag of flour, just what I wanted!"
"Mmm I love baked beans. Thanks for the multipack"

My ds (7) has said "I can't tell you what I want or it won't be a surprise". Aggh. OK.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now