Dd would like to make sweets for her friends

(18 Posts)
DumSpiroSpero Sun 18-Nov-12 22:48:56

Rocky Road - melted choc with chunks of digestive, raisins, marshmallows and walnuts stirred through.

Make in a deep tray and cut into chunks. Can drizzle with white choc and edible glitter or Christmas sprinkles to make it look a bit more festive.

FromEsme Sun 18-Nov-12 16:59:52

I roll these out for every occasion. Everyone always loves them, they are delicious.
Learnt to make them at school. Bashing the digestives is a laugh.

insanityscratching Sun 18-Nov-12 16:57:46

She could make honeycomb here

lovely ideas smile I can give dd a list and let her choose! coconut ice would make her very happy I think.

So now I need to find some cellophane bags for her so she can present them nicely.

WholeLottaRosie Sun 18-Nov-12 14:03:35
iMe Sun 18-Nov-12 14:02:40

What about coconut ice? I remember making it when I was about your DD's age. Loved the pink & White colour.
<nostalgic>

Runningblue Sun 18-Nov-12 14:00:09

Definitely, perhaps add a bit of v finely grated orange rind too?

WholeLottaRosie Sun 18-Nov-12 13:59:56
WholeLottaRosie Sun 18-Nov-12 13:57:32

Peppermint bark is easy. Melt chocolate and pour onto a baking tray (line it with greaseproof or foil first) then scatter over some smashed candy-canes and leave to set before breaking into pieces. It looks nice if you layer different chocolates, ie milk and then white.

That looks nice! Could she use orange juice instead of rum/brandy do you reckon for chocolate orange truffles?

Runningblue Sun 18-Nov-12 13:03:18
Runningblue Sun 18-Nov-12 13:02:46

Delias chocolate truffles are lovely and you can freeze them. She suggests dark chocolate but good milk chocolate - aldi is nice!- would work fine too.

They look fun!i think the effect would be different with foxes glaciers - jolly ranchers have a different texture when you bite on them - they stick your teeth together and it's impossible to unstick your teeth again!

Bunnygotwhacked Sun 18-Nov-12 12:56:48

oh and you can use greaseproof rather than the spray

Bunnygotwhacked Sun 18-Nov-12 12:56:15
Bunnygotwhacked Sun 18-Nov-12 12:55:56

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EunsSizVMLA
these look effective you could wrap the in cellophane with a bit of ribbon fox glaciers should work as well haven't tried them yet though.

Crikey,this slid down the board quickly!

Which sweets can dd make for her friends for Christmas (she's 12)? And how far in advance can she make them? I guess she will have to practise first!
I've not really tried to make any myself other than peppermint creams. I think she is thinking of fudge type sweets, but is that going to be foolproof and look nice?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now