Chipmonkey's blanket photos here.

(78 Posts)
KnottyLocks Sun 01-Apr-12 21:05:17

Chip's blanket will be handed over to her this week. Photos of the finished blanket can be seen here on Flickr

We have also just started a Facebook page for the WoollyHugs here

Many thanks to all involved with this blanket. We hope that it may bring comfort to Chipmonkey and her family.

thanks

TimeForCake Sat 14-Apr-12 15:36:00

The blanket is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. The squares look so fantastic together. Knotty you are so clever and the blanketeers/ donors have done a wonderful job. What a responsibility for you Pistey!
I managed to crochet my first ever square for this and it was an absolute honour to be involved. As for the oldest Chip adding his thoughts too...wow, what a little treasure. Your boys sound like they're an absolute credit to you Chipmonkey. Wishing you all many woolly hugs underneath it.

KnottyLocks Mon 09-Apr-12 22:25:44

We've linked it. thank you smile It'll be interesting how many hits you get.

DillyTante Mon 09-Apr-12 21:21:22

Of course you can link my blog. For the record, the posts that I have written about the mumsnet blankets have been some of my highest hitting.

KnottyLocks Mon 09-Apr-12 20:59:52

Dilly, as long as you don't mind us linking your blog on our Woolly Hugs Facebook page smile

Lovely blog post btw smile

RatherBeOnThePiste Mon 09-Apr-12 20:04:20

Hello again Chip's DS1 smile

It was a complete honour to be able to bring the blanket to you on behalf of everyone, I'm so glad you have it now. It was absolutely lovely meeting your family, and you couldn't be more welcome for the chocolate - I just hope you didn't eat too much, especially DS4 who was enjoying 'sharing' grin

You Chip boys are all smashing. X

DillyTante Mon 09-Apr-12 19:48:36

The blanket is just beautiful. Knotty, I hope you don't mind I pilfered your picture for my blog.

CroissantNeuf Mon 09-Apr-12 15:58:49

I was speechless at the photos of the blanket. Its absolutely beautiful.

Now I have tears in my eyes at Chipmonkeys DS's post.

PaquesJeLeVauxBien Mon 09-Apr-12 15:52:32

Hear, hear
thanks

KnottyLocks Mon 09-Apr-12 15:45:35

Chip DS1, you are obviously a darling smile

It was a very great honour to help create the blanket for you and your family.

trumpton Mon 09-Apr-12 15:32:53

Thank you CMs DS1 for updating us. It was a privilege to have been a knitter on your special blanket. Have many lovely hugs x

chipmonkey Mon 09-Apr-12 11:48:25

Disclaimer: I only call ds4 "ds4" on Mumsnet. Otherwise he is called by his actual name!grin

ds1 is lovely and has been wonderful as all the lads have been since we lost their baby sister.

Thumbbunny Mon 09-Apr-12 01:32:37

Awwwww, thanks chipmonkey's DS1! What a lovely boy you are too. smile

PaquesJeLeVauxBien Sun 08-Apr-12 23:20:26

<sobs>

chipmonkey Sun 08-Apr-12 22:38:42

Hello there I am chipmonkey's "ds1" I would really like to thank All the ladies who helped to make the blanket, I heard that there were about 75 people who contributed to making the blanket and thAt really touched me, to know that there were that many people who each spent some of their time to make such a beautiful blanket. My younger brothers and I really enjoyed it on our way down to Wexford, it kept us comfortable and warm for the whole trip. I am even using the blanket right now. My mum is very serious about keeping it clean but I don't blame her. But anyway I am very very grateful for everything everyone has done. Thanks for making such a beautiful blanket everyone, I greatly appreciate it . Thankyou and a special thank yu to Pistey for bringing it over to Ireland and I would also like to thank you for the lovely chocolates :D. And my little brother or as my mum calls him "ds4" says you are a very nice lady.

RatherBeOnThePiste Sat 07-Apr-12 20:18:01

I most certainly concur smile

KnottyLocks Sat 07-Apr-12 11:02:57

Isn't it lovely when a plan comes together? smile

SoupDreggon Sat 07-Apr-12 09:04:30

<<looks shifty>>
<<whispers>>
they were actually really easy but don't tell anyone

chipmonkey Sat 07-Apr-12 09:02:33

I'm afraid I am none of those thing, Soupy!grin Love your teddy squares, BTW and admire them in a How-Did-She-Do-That sort of way. You're very clever.

SoupDreggon Sat 07-Apr-12 08:52:17

Fabulous.

And of course you shouldn't put it away, out of reach smile It is for snuggling and you can't do that on a shelf. Unless you are very small and flexible. And light.

PaquesJeLeVauxBien Sat 07-Apr-12 08:51:11

(sorry - BIWI here in my Easter incarnation!)

thanks

PurplePidjin Sat 07-Apr-12 08:50:21

<sniffle>

I hope it brings you many years of comfort thanks

So pleased the blanket has reached its home and can start to share its woolly hugs! smile

Thumbbunny Fri 06-Apr-12 23:27:42

So glad you love it, Chipmonkey - hope it is a comfort. (((hugs)))

chipmonkey Fri 06-Apr-12 23:10:31

And Pistey is so lovely, she was pointing out what squares had been done by who. So much love and effort in each square. I would also like to thank the donors as craft isn't everyone's thing and a lot of the crafters wouldn't be able to craft without the wool.

Aww, that's lovely, have been thinking about you today Chipmonkey.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now