I have just looked at the list of leading business people supporting Tory plans to scrap NI rise ...

(9 Posts)
smallwhitecat Thu 01-Apr-10 13:46:38

Message withdrawn

Molesworth Thu 01-Apr-10 14:26:19

I agree that women are under-represented at senior management/board level, but the fact that there are no women on that particular list might just mean that the women who are at board level don't support tory policy grin

smallwhitecat Thu 01-Apr-10 14:47:35

Message withdrawn

SugarMousePink Sun 04-Apr-10 15:34:07

The only one I could think of was Nicola Horlick (but she's now doing her own thing).

BelleDameSansMerci Sun 04-Apr-10 15:42:14

Nicola Horlick was pretty much shafted by her former business partner too, I believe... She's a friend of a friend and I'd love to meet her but I'm too chicken and worried she'll think I'm an idiot.

Anyway, digression aside, I haven't seen the list but women are still incredibly under-represented. It's perhaps not all that surprising when you take the average of many UK Chairpeople/CEOs into account though. Perhaps in 10 years time, there'll be a more even spread. Although, sadly, I doubt it.

BelleDameSansMerci Sun 04-Apr-10 15:43:12

Sorry, the average age. Brilliant to miss out the key word of the entire sentence...

Petsville Fri 16-Apr-10 14:38:56

The only one I can think of to add to the list is Marjorie Scardino at Pearson. I know that the average age makes some difference, but can't believe it's that much - I don't feel very hopeful about it being much different in 20 years.

HumphreyCobbler Fri 16-Apr-10 14:42:06

smallwhitecat I missed you on the election debate thread last night

I was practically the only conservative supporter, it was very lonely grin

masterchef1 Thu 02-May-13 03:11:03

bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now