why do feminists want to ban everything they don't like?

(143 Posts)
memberfor Sat 11-May-13 05:23:19

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Tortoiseonthehalfshell Tue 14-May-13 09:36:20

MoonlightandRoses - Creme EGGS? In CAKE?

Tell me more. Tell me much, much more.

<Fondant Is A Feminist Issue>

Lio Tue 14-May-13 10:29:38

Oh my gosh, marking my place: I have to know about the cake/creme eggs collision.

AmandaPayneNeedsANap Tue 14-May-13 13:22:32

Oh gosh. I always thought I understood choice feminism, but I have been actively choosing to eat celery all these years. My actions have been upholding the celeriarchy and undermining the wimmin. How on earth do I redeem myself? Should I burn the celery in my fridge - and how on earth does one get it to catch?

EldritchCleavage Tue 14-May-13 13:36:21

Stepping on to the thread to demand the return of celery. And yes, I even like it braised. That's my choice, yah, as a feminist, to surrender to the stalkocracy. Plus you can't make Ina Garten's shrimp salad properly without it.

I'm a radfem, too. I eat radishes.

And as for figs, I've got a recipe for fig and pear crumble that would convert the lot of you. If I shared it, that is. Which I won't.

Cake-wise, I'm all for inclusivity. Eat them all.

Indeed, in a cake...what you do is take your standard Victoria Sandwich recipe, and;

Substitute drinking chocolate for a quarter of the flour required
Add in an extra 60 - 70gs of v.dark chocolate, melted
Mix and dump into cake tin
Take a couple of packets of mini creme eggs that have been residing in the freezer and gently push into the cake mix, small end down
Only push in far enough for the mixture to cover as they'll sink a bit themselves during cooking
Place cake in oven at 160° (or equiv) for around 40 mins

Alternatively, and I haven't tried this, you can make the chocolate cake mix, cook (but at 180° for around 30 mins), cut in half and used smashed up creme eggs for the filling instead of jam.

And there are people who prefer celery! Emmeline and Christabel didn't go to all that trouble for celery, you know. wink

YoniTime Tue 14-May-13 16:19:35

I'm so confused. I don't know if I'm being feminist or not when i eat...I dislike celery and radishes. But I love chocolate cake. Is that feminist?

Definitely. grin

Cream Eggs are wrong on many many levels: feministically, cake-ally, even vegetably. Just Wrong shockangry.

I cannot believe that in this day and age, Cream Eggs <<shudder>> are still mentioned in polite society. And I thought this was an enlightened forum!

<<hoiks>>

EldritchCleavage Tue 14-May-13 17:27:09

Is 'hoiking' feminist?

My bosoms are more RadFem than me, I have you know

(.)(.) - not hoiked
(+)(+) - hoiked

Sunnywithshowers Tue 14-May-13 18:54:43

My bosoms are far more upfront than I am Pacific - particularly when they're hoiked appropriately. smile

But, but, but, umm they are a strong design with the odd weak point and, umm, well, err.

Oh sod it - they taste good and I defy you to eat a slice and not come back for just a bit more (sort of like feminism). So there! wink

TeiTetua Tue 14-May-13 21:07:35

What, a slice of bosoms? I am confused...

No, a slice of creme egg Victoria Sandwich. Have provided recipe up thread.

Would have thought eating bosoms would be rather fatty. grin

CoalDustWoman Wed 15-May-13 18:05:51

db.tt/JTcnkX1U

Stealth, see? Pictured today. No bugger wants celery. Ha!

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Fri 17-May-13 09:23:42

Bump.

CoalDustWoman Sun 26-May-13 19:36:27

That ended up as a private joke between me and...me, didn't it?

I seem to kill a lot of threads grin

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Mon 27-May-13 00:10:03

It was funny grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now